xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Feb 20, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #466 of 2,087
Considering all the hype behind the Xduoo X2 and so many seasoned Head-Fi'ers promoting it, I'd go with the Xduoo over the Ruizu. Also, just did a quick search on Amazon/shenzhenaudio/penonaudio and didn't see anything on the Ruizu x02. If it's a cheap Chinese model, you might also want to consider how long it's been out. It's been stated in this thread that these cheap Chinese DAP's usually aren't supported for very long, and the Xduoo X2 is fairly new so it still has decent support. My conclusion - go with the Xduoo (1) based off of what knowledgeable people on Head-Fi are saying about it, and (2) because it's still fairly new and still has decent software support.

Hope this helps.

Thanks man!! Helped a lot!!

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #467 of 2,087

Just had one of these arrive from  China . What an amazing piece of kit for £39.00 . Sorry to say my Sansa has to go.
The sound is equal of my Fiio x3 . That will also have to go as well . I've been playing this for 10 hours and the battery has loads left in it.
Its got loads of power. I may even buy another to play in the car.

WOW amazed. - 

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #468 of 2,087
hi guys, im from indonesian
i just wanna ask something about bug and maybe some weird about battery..
i want purchase this little cute DAP, and i see something weird in page 31, about weird battery
is that product defect? I became a little hesitant to buy this product ._.

sory if my english so bad, im joined today, im curious about this dap..

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #469 of 2,087
  hi guys, im from indonesian
i just wanna ask something about bug and maybe some weird about battery..
i want purchase this little cute DAP, and i see something weird in page 31, about weird battery
is that product defect? I became a little hesitant to buy this product ._.

sory if my english so bad, im joined today, im curious about this dap..

Battery is fine, just needed a proper charge. 

Feb 22, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #470 of 2,087
I am still iffy about the longevity of this device. Awesome sound for 1 month doesnt beat decent sound for 3 years.

Dang this is tempting.....only downside is those bugs and bricking reported earlier

Feb 22, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #471 of 2,087
Oh, btw, welcome to Head Fi!! And sorry about your wa....oh wait its only $55...

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #472 of 2,087

Just had one of these arrive from  China . What an amazing piece of kit for £39.00 . Sorry to say my Sansa has to go.
The sound is equal of my Fiio x3 . That will also have to go as well . I've been playing this for 10 hours and the battery has loads left in it.
Its got loads of power. I may even buy another to play in the car.

WOW amazed. - 

Hi

Which site did you order this from please?  Also how long did it take to get to the uk and were there any taxes/duties to pay?

Thanks!

Feb 23, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #475 of 2,087

It.box  on eBay   plus you can buy them from big bargain.com both on ebay .

I have used them for years and the goods come within about 9 days from Hong Kong

The player is great with an amazing batter life I mainly play flac on it for the superior sound quality.

Feb 23, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #476 of 2,087
Hi

Could you tell me if this mp3 player can display lyrics ?

I read that last firmware achieve that, is that correct?

AFAIK no. It have a bug in stock firmware, that caused an error when playing FLAC files with lyrics inside tags. They've fixed this error, so it just play those files correctly, no lyrics is displayed.
X2 display is very simple, so reading lyrics on it will be painful anyway

Feb 23, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #478 of 2,087
So xduoo with newest/latest firmware fixed the bug when playing flac?

yes

Seriously it sounds better than X3?

no, X2 is good for it's price, it has pretty "fun" sounding with decent amplification and without serious flaws. but it can't compete with serious players in staging, layering, etc. etc.

some can prefer X2 sound over other players because you can like it, but it's only personal tastes

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #479 of 2,087
So xduoo with newest/latest firmware fixed the bug when playing flac? Seriously it sounds better than X3? Does xduoo x2 suite with metal / rock genre?

It sounds kind of colourless, sterile, blank, yet remains nice and clear, when I use a capable IEM - X2 pushes out a fair amount of detail - it does a good job for $55 especially if you feed it with a capable IEM or headphone, if not lacking some fundamentals like refinement. The sound reminds me of the Hisound Rocco BA or Studio V, same kind of gene pool / house sound where cheaper parts have been implemented to create something capable. FiiO X1 in comparison sounds quite thick, coloured and bassy. (but also better refinement, but more closed in)

Its pretty unqiue sounding for $55.00

yes
no, X2 is good for it's price, it has pretty "fun" sounding with decent amplification and without serious flaws. but it can't compete with serious players in staging, layering, etc. etc.

some can prefer X2 sound over other players because you can like it, but it's only personal tastes

Funny, as much I like DX90 my XDuoo X2 has a wider soundtage. What happened there? 
smile.gif

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #480 of 2,087
Funny, as much I like DX90 my XDuoo X2 has a wider soundtage. What happened there? :smile:  

Soundstage width is subjective parameter, because all soundstage is created inside one's mind. And it depends on the person, how his brain will interpret sound and "translate" it into width. Psychoacoustics.
X2 to my taste fails in separating minor details, so for me X2 sounds flat and it's soundstage not natural, because on high quality records I can't position sources with confidence. But other people's mind can interpret sound in different way.

For many people X2 is that quality level that will satisfy them completely. But it's subjectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back