xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jul 28, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #1,861 of 2,087
Sorry to dredge up this older topic, but I recently purchased the X2.
I have been trying to find something to replace the "Fruity" player(s) I've used for the last 8-10 years.
First time trying it out, it played about 1/3 of a sample of tunes, most returned "Format Error". 
Used MP3Tag, per recommendations here, removed all the tags. Still getting "Format Error."
Lock-ups halfway through playback, have reset a bunch of times.
In reading through a very small portion of the 120+/- pages of this thread, it seems that most of my files are not compatable for some reason. I need to convert/reconvert/relist/delist/tag/untag/retag/format/reformat/recompile/rebuild/reaccess/rebuy/redownload some of my files in order to use them on this device.  With no way to determine prior to trying them whether they will or will not meet this devices undefined criteria to play.

In this forum of highly experienced audio affectionados, you've no doubt discovered my beginner level of experience.

Any suggestions? Getting to the point of selling or giving away. Path of least frustration leads me back to the known bull$hit of the "Fruity" crap and support software.

X7_V7.0

Thank you all!

Jul 30, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #1,864 of 2,087
Sorry to dredge up this older topic, but I recently purchased the X2.
I have been trying to find something to replace the "Fruity" player(s) I've used for the last 8-10 years.
First time trying it out, it played about 1/3 of a sample of tunes, most returned "Format Error". 
Used MP3Tag, per recommendations here, removed all the tags. Still getting "Format Error."
Lock-ups halfway through playback, have reset a bunch of times.
In reading through a very small portion of the 120+/- pages of this thread, it seems that most of my files are not compatable for some reason. I need to convert/reconvert/relist/delist/tag/untag/retag/format/reformat/recompile/rebuild/reaccess/rebuy/redownload some of my files in order to use them on this device.  With no way to determine prior to trying them whether they will or will not meet this devices undefined criteria to play.

In this forum of highly experienced audio affectionados, you've no doubt discovered my beginner level of experience.

Any suggestions? Getting to the point of selling or giving away. Path of least frustration leads me back to the known bull$hit of the "Fruity" crap and support software.

X7_V7.0

Thank you all!

What format are your files in? How many did you load?

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #1,865 of 2,087
Hi, I used to have the exact same problem... solved by this topic :

I looked further why some flac files gave a format error.In Mp3tag I saw that my files mostly showed FLAC(FLAC) in the Tag column and a small number of flac filed showed FLAC(FLAC ID3v2) and that are the files which could not be played and gave a format error,I removed the ID3 tags and kept only the FLAC tags and I clould play this files also.So my conclusion is don't add ID3 tags to flac files.

Aug 3, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #1,866 of 2,087
Thanks everyone-
I've got MP3's mostly. I've run everything through MP3tag (in folders on the device, in folders on PC prior to copying them over, reformatted card, tried again, same results).

I must be missing something, or got a bum device.

I give up. Who wants one of these, real cheap? It's useless to me.

PM me and we'll work something out.

Many thanks

Aug 4, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #1,867 of 2,087
Hi Silver,
thanks for your answer. In the audio field I am a complete ignorant, so I don't understand anything about what parameters should I look for a smart comparison. I just like to hear music all the time, better if a good one :) But I managed to collect some of the technical specifications of the models between I am going to choose.

ModelONN X5Xduoo X2
Audio Format APE, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, WMA, OGG, MP3APE, FLAC, WAV, WMA, MP3
Support Sample Rate24bit/192Khz16bit/44.1-48 Khz
Output Power>32mW250mW
Frequency Response20Hz-20Khz20Hz-20Khz
Distortion plus noise<0.04% (1KHz) 
Channel separation>68DB (1KHz) 
SNR>100DB(A)107DB
Headphone Impedance 16-55 Ohm8-300 Ohm

With these values taken, could you please tell me which one would you choose and why? Consider they both cost around 30 euros, so it's not a matter of price. Thanks for your help
Regards

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #1,869 of 2,087
Hi there, can anyone help?
How do I update the firmware on the X2? Is it supposed to appear on my computer when plugged in? Because all I see now is my SD card when I plug in the X2, I am currently unable to shuffle my songs which I previously could. EQ and play mode option is gone, I am currently running on V6.0.

Thanks in advance!

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #1,870 of 2,087
  Hi there, can anyone help?
How do I update the firmware on the X2? Is it supposed to appear on my computer when plugged in? Because all I see now is my SD card when I plug in the X2, I am currently unable to shuffle my songs which I previously could. EQ and play mode option is gone, I am currently running on V6.0.

Thanks in advance!

No you have to download the firmware update tool and the firmware you want to use.

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #1,871 of 2,087
Hi, thank you for your reply! 
I have downloaded both the file you have mentioned, both are in .rar format, do I put them directly into my SD card? 
If no, how do I go about updating the software?

Thank you! 
Vera 

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #1,872 of 2,087
  Hi, thank you for your reply! 
I have downloaded both the file you have mentioned, both are in .rar format, do I put them directly into my SD card? 
If no, how do I go about updating the software?

Thank you! 
Vera 

you need extract both file .rar in your pc/laptop. inside updatetool.rar include tutorial how to update firmware (.pdf format). just follow step by step in tutorial.

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #1,873 of 2,087
Just receive the X2.

Did not know it was THIS SMALL!!
It is great because I have so much DAP that the small size factor make it more usefull as if it was not an impulsive buy
confused_face.gif

I have the X1, X2, X3 and can be considered as a Xduoo addict!

X2 is the one with the less impressive sound, but the more friendly UI and it sound way better than Ruizu X02 or Idealist S1813, not sure about ONN X5 that I own too tough.

For now I prefer brighter earphones with it because I find his sound rather warmish. The Somic V2, Tennmak Pro and LZ-02A are great with it and are my favorite duo of the 10 other earphones I try fastly with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back