xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jun 14, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #1,832 of 2,087
I have idea crabdog but I know one thing, it looks damn cool :wink:

Yeah it's pretty huh. Might make the Pianos even better?  
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #1,833 of 2,087
I bought an X2 and while the sound is great (especially for the price), it can be a bit annoying when you are outside and find an album repeating.
Easily fixed, throw your own massive playlist into a folder.
But I still might be walking somewhere and find myself in the mood for something different.

I still think it's worth the price..
biggrin.gif
I bought an X3 in the past few weeks, but I haven't even got around to using it due to a few different reasons and one of them being I want a case.

Incidentally - the X2 is on Sale at the moment on Banggood. It says EU warehouse (good for fast delivery and vat), but I guess that's because I'm in the EU.
They may have the same offer worldwide. It's currently showing as €35.92 - http://eu.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-XDUOO-X2-Professional-MP3-HIFI-Music-Player-With-OLED-Screen-wp-Eu-973952.html
I don't know if the same offer is available in the U.S., Australia, Asia or Africa etc. but I guess it is.

If you want to change the screen (easy to pop out) - replace it with another with less of a full on mirror.

This is the screen dimensions and should be easy enough to cut with many different types of tool.

Jun 21, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #1,836 of 2,087
  Has anyone manage to use the xduoo x2 in the gym without pockets?

Haven't tried but it's small enough that you could slip it under a sweatband/wristband or use a mobile armband.

What you want to do is buy a magnetic badge fastener like this;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-x-MAGNETIC-NAME-BADGE-TAG-ATTACHMENT-SELF-ADHESIVE-MAGNET-x-1-SUPER-STRONG-/282032048069?hash=item41aa6b87c5:g:OCQAAOSwEK9T4YSD

You put the sticky part on the back of the X2, and the magnetic part under the clothing (anywhere u like), then it stays firmly in place.

I have used this trick numerous times on DAPs far heftier in weight than the X2, if paranoid use more than one clasp.

I have detailed the procedure at ABI.

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71520&highlight=magnetic

Their are many advantages to this little trick, such as orientation of the DAP, with some clisps/clasps you are forced to put it on yer person a certain way, that might not make much sense when wanting to glance down and make a change. This method allows the user to choose the orientation, and generally speaking it gives a slightly better 'interaction' of movement when making a change (pivots more) than with a clip that could break or snap.
Just be warned, the magnetic force can be quite strong, and may make a permanent indentation of yer item of clothing (like a clothes line peg etc).

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #1,838 of 2,087
Just be warned, the magnetic force can be quite strong, and may make a permanent indentation of yer item of clothing (like a clothes line peg etc).

What a nice trick, thanks ! However, isn't the magnet strong enough to make damages to weak electronic devices such as X2 ?

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #1,839 of 2,087
  What a nice trick, thanks ! However, isn't the magnet strong enough to make damages to weak electronic devices such as X2 ?

I pondered this question on ABI, and the answer (from more knowledgable chaps) was no, absolutely not. Proofs in the pudding, I've donned this trick on a few sansa clips, fuzes, Cowon i9+, Cowon C2, Cowon E3, Alien Shozy.. u name it I've done it, and never ever had any issues, none of the devices are broken, showing weird screen defects or anything (and many have had thousands of hours of playing time).

So I feel very confident in saying it's safe.

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #1,841 of 2,087
 what firmware are you running? I'm on V.6 and I am not experiencing this second skip issue

i'm just using it as it came out of the box. i have no clue what the firmware version is. i hate the idea of having to change it. computers and i have a misunderstanding. i'd rather set a computer on fire than go into safe mode. needless to say, i don't get along with W10 and still want my W98 back.. you can keep XP too, but i REALLY REALLY REALLY hate W10.

Its not great but not as bad as X2. I've screen modded my X2 now though. Perfectly bright and legible!

are you talking about a software tweak? it sounds like you've actually installed an entirely new display, especially seeing the later post that goes into dimensions. it really IS very hard to see in daylight. even when i put the player inside my black gym bag, i couldn't read the display. fortunately for me though, i bought mine mostly for night time use.

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #1,843 of 2,087
are you talking about a software tweak? it sounds like you've actually installed an entirely new display, especially seeing the later post that goes into dimensions. it really IS very hard to see in daylight. even when i put the player inside my black gym bag, i couldn't read the display. fortunately for me though, i bought mine mostly for night time use.

No, literally pop the mirror screen out. There's a link a few pages back. Or tap the corners with a hammer / nail till screen cracks and slowly peel off. Works a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back