xDuoo TA-22 DAC/Tube Amp Now on Apos Audio
Sep 2, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #93 of 104
@shenzhenaudio
For sale?

1693676530173.png

Jan 31, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #96 of 104
Hi friends, have a couple of questions.
Bought the TA-22 with HD800S

- Is there any general consensus as to which filter might bes best and why?
- How does the filter change its sound when you change the filter? I mean; how the mechanic? Can you scroll over the filters or do you need to hit the red button to confirm the change?

Thanks!

Feb 2, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #98 of 104
I’ve tried a few and honestly couldn’t tell much difference if any.

It's just super interesting to read comments about this, because I've also read comments such as that "Apodizing made headphones sound so terrible whereas Brickwall made it shine", but also have read viceversa.

Looking forward reading more opinions! I'm like you. I personally don't see any difference in the songs I'm listening to at least.

Feb 5, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #99 of 104
It's just super interesting to read comments about this, because I've also read comments such as that "Apodizing made headphones sound so terrible whereas Brickwall made it shine", but also have read viceversa.

Looking forward reading more opinions! I'm like you. I personally don't see any difference in the songs I'm listening to at least.

Exactly! I agree!

Please help. For the TA-22, Which one? The RCA NOS is double the price of these, but if they’re worth it, I might consider the upgrade. Any help would be appreciated

To tell yo the truth, I don't think either of those will give you a better sound. I used JJ and the sound in my opionion got worse. The tubes on it match very well with the circuit. I did not try NOS though...
Let me know your experience.

Regards!

Feb 8, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #100 of 104
Has anybody compared the SE and balanced outputs of this amplifier. They sound exactly the same in terms of volume. The balanced output has supposedly twice the power, but the volume level is exactly the same as the SE one. Tried it with dynamics and planar headphones. Is this normal?

Feb 9, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #101 of 104
I have some questions about the TA-22 that I can't seem to find answers for. Hopefully, an owner (or dealer) can enlighten me.
  • Can you switch between the preamp DAC Out and the Tube Out from the front panel?
  • Does plugging a headphone in disable the preamp outputs (like it does on the Schiit Magni)?
  • Does volume control the preamp out?
Finally, are there any other DAC/preamps out there with an analog AUX in besides the TA-22 and TA-10R? I need RCA in because I have an SACD player. I need preamp out (not speaker amp) because I run Active Powered Monitors (Adam Audio T8V), and don't want to double amp.

TIA!

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 7:54 AM Post #102 of 104
Has anybody compared the SE and balanced outputs of this amplifier. They sound exactly the same in terms of volume. The balanced output has supposedly twice the power, but the volume level is exactly the same as the SE one. Tried it with dynamics and planar headphones. Is this normal?
Yes same problem. It's the second unit I try. I think it's a scam, there's no way it can deliver 3W.

Feb 18, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #103 of 104
Hi all!
Quick question.

When I turn my TA-22 and logo turns orange (meaning it's now working), I can gear some background noise, as if a fan was somewhat moving. Is this something you notice too once you get closer to the unit?
Video:

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #104 of 104
Sent an email to their customer support team and they’ve mentioned it appears it is normal. Hoping others can confirm too but it is relieving to hear from them

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back