XDUOO NANO D3 24bit/192Khz DSD256 portable DAP-Info and impressions
May 1, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #167 of 185
Thinking about picking one up its within my price point
I feel obligated to add this caveat for any potential purchasers…

There are still obvious bugs in the firmware. Close to 2 months since a firmware update. You can see the company's past history of releasing DAPs, doing an update or two and then leaving them with obvious existing issues and not updating the product after its initial release. Look at the X3 thread for examples of a player with an obvious bug, the playback speed of 16/44 files, and no firmware updates to correct the problem. Yet they are announcing an X3+ model.

May 11, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #168 of 185
700129_original.jpg

Hi everyone!
With respect to the users of Nano D3.
Wrote many letters in technical support xDuoo. Many many!!
More than 50...I will write more.
service@xduoo.com , wei@xduoo.com
They sent me the firmware D3 V1.4.
They don't want to do anything!
Changed only one point. The brakes remained.
Firmware updated content:
1.Add repeat folder function
Write more letters of support!
Then maybe they will think about firmware!!

D3 V1.4:
https://yadi.sk/d/UMdWFwdZ3VkGjx

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #169 of 185
Hi, i really like small players with hardware buttons. I cant understand why xduuo dont care more about their firmware. First seconds of sound missing while playing a song? That really cant be(e) bssssssss.

XDUOO: make more money <--- communicate with the users, care about wishes and firmware, make sure the basics of your devices are working (big companies can fail doing this too... thinking of freezing TVs while only changing channels in the 1500$+ price range... thats what they call "sense and simplicity").

Looks like a very nice hardwarebuttonplayer. But im keeping my money and try the small daps from the other manufacturers who ghot their basic functions right out of the box and offer great communication in this forum with actions and solutions following.

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #170 of 185
Hi, i really like small players with hardware buttons. I cant understand why xduuo dont care more about their firmware. First seconds of sound missing while playing a song? That really cant be(e) bssssssss.

XDUOO: make more money <--- communicate with the users, care about wishes and firmware, make sure the basics of your devices are working (big companies can fail doing this too... thinking of freezing TVs while only changing channels in the 1500$+ price range... thats what they call "sense and simplicity").

Looks like a very nice hardwarebuttonplayer. But im keeping my money and try the small daps from the other manufacturers who ghot their basic functions right out of the box and offer great communication in this forum with actions and solutions following.

if you D/L the first FW update it cures the lost first seconds of yr tunes. the thing with the D3 is it sounds so bluddy good so I am still using mine quite a bit. it has a glorious , detailed, sparkly soundstage that really emphasizes the percussive elements of my music.

Jul 23, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #172 of 185
Oct 25, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #175 of 185
http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/En/DownList.Asp?SortID=1

Firmware download:
http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/uploadfile/D3-V1.6.rar

Firmware updated content:
1.Support EXFAT format of Mirco SD.
2.Calibrated the parameter of EQs.
3.Calibrated the indicator of battery.
4.Add the windown ask if update the files of memory or SD card to music
list when you browse memory or SD card.
5.Add the function adjust brightness of screen.
6.Fixed the problem that sometimes the screen blurred when connect to USB if the srceec is off.
7.Fixed the problem that there is wrong order when the CUE file unfold to music list.
8.Optimize system.

Note:
1.During the update, please make sure power supply.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #178 of 185
.cue player sees only from " My music" This, in principle, is useless.

Indeed, thanks for the tip. I was playing music via "Folder" all the time, didn't even think about using "My Music".
Still, as you say, this software is a mess.

xDuoo promise firmware update after Chinese new year holidays.
That does not inspire optimism.

They actually released a few firmwares on 28.01., so maybe the Nano is in the pipeline, too. Here's hoping.

Anyway, I'm starting to regret getting the Nano. The software is bad, the buttons are unresponsive, the UI is unintuitive. Meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back