Xduoo Amplifiers
Sep 19, 2013 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,987

JoeDoe

Headphoneus Supremus
After a quick search, the only threads available regarding Xduoo are concerned with its portable amps.

Just found these two on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/xDuoo-TA-01-Tube-24bit-192KHz-USB-DAC-HiFi-Headphone-Amplifier-/290976915350?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bf935f96

http://www.ebay.com/itm/xDuoo-TA-02-Tube-HiFi-Headphone-Amplifier-/290977485903?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bf9c144f

TA-01 looks similar in function to the Aune T1 (however, the Xduoo supports 192k!) while the TA-02 seems LD Mk 1+ ish. 

Has anyone had the opportunity to check these guys out?

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 1,987
Ba-ba-bump.

I just found the TA-02 on Amazon.jp here in Japan, for the same price as the Ebay seller.  It`s only a hundred bucks, so I may just go for it.  The TA-01 looks even more interesting; I could only find one review in English and it was luke warm, but very poorly written...

http://earmass.com/2013/07/23/xduoo-ta-01-entry-level-tube-dacamp-combo/

The TA-01 I can`t find in Japan, but it`s still crazy-cheap from Ebay.  I`m using the Continental V2 from ALO with HD800 and love it but am interested in trying other portable tube options.  May just go for Analogue-squared Paper.....

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #7 of 1,987
This is a warm, thick, nice body, wide sound stage, and detail. Just finish doing side by side comparison with Aune T1. Thinking of getting rid my Aune T1.

Dec 29, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #10 of 1,987
I saw one of these yesterday at Jaben, Hong Kong. The guy said that they are on the warm side.

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #11 of 1,987
I bought a TA-01 to simply test.  Unfortunately, it does not seem to be compatible under Win8.  I cannot install drivers in two Win8 laptops and I get a message that it is incompatible with my system.  

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #12 of 1,987
Think they use a WM usb chip... try a Linux Distro, try a spare 2.5" HD with Linux or old copy of windows?

Microsoft is sort of like IBM PS/2 only in slow motion re backwards compatibility & hardware... sigh. 

Jan 14, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #13 of 1,987
  Think they use a WM usb chip... try a Linux Distro, try a spare 2.5" HD with Linux or old copy of windows?

Microsoft is sort of like IBM PS/2 only in slow motion re backwards compatibility & hardware... sigh. 

Tested it with a Win7 laptop and it worked fine.  Very warm, somewhat thick-sounding with decent sound stage.  Good power.  I used a DT880 250 ohms. Returned it; just not my cup of tea.  

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #14 of 1,987
Noted, this is where you end up as the Aune - only going through more components re valves, op-amps, capacitors, diodes etc as applicable. Reports elsewhere indicate the volume pot is not a top brand, and the supplied valve "poor".

The GOOD thing about the Aune is it offers a starting point from which people have already improved - components to valves. At this rate we might actually create a Head-Fi DAC-AMP - kit or assembled :) Commercially it might be a winner and people can even select parts based on their chosen headphone charateristics and preferences.

Jan 24, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #15 of 1,987
Did you try a Mullard/Brimar valve?

Stock china valve.
Absolute junk - does improve to garbage after about 2hrs.
So warm it is unusable, mid & vocals aren't great either, sort of a nasty mucked up 50s radio.

NOS Brimar valve.
Shockingly better - out of the box, and should get better over next 2hrs.
Slightly warm, but not thick. Bass is deep, controlled. Vocals are airy, highs far better.

Adele's vocals on quieter tracks sound absolutely haunting.
However this is an amp that does not like extremely complicated music, musical fidelity headphone DAC amp (HPA) was better in that respect - BUT could become tiring quite quickly.

There are 2 Gain jumpers.
Stock is both set to HIGH not Low, so I may try setting them to Low at some point.

Might also nosey around the PSU caps as that is an easy. Not sure about this one, NOS Mullard/Brimar makes it auditionable, stock tube is a toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back