Xduoo Amplifiers
Jul 1, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #241 of 2,005
Both of the sets of RCAs on the back are inputs, the Ta-05 does not have a pre-out. To have a pre-out, you need to go to the Ta-10. For the record The Ta-20 and Ta-30 also have pre-outs, The Ta-01b and Ta-03s do not.
Thank you so much for answering my question, im having a hard time looking for someone that know the pre out thing in 05.

Im in indonesia and my budget for my desk audio setup only around 250 bucks, in aliexpress i found ta-10 around 250 bucks with discount, i almost pull the trigger on ta-10 but recently i found out tempotec dsd serenade price going down quite a bit in aliexpress its around 100, so i change my option to one serenade and one ta-05, because it will be much more versatile and more option, i can use serenade for gaming or another task that need clear and not too much sound coloration, also some of my cans not work well with tube. TA 05 can be use for my speaker and pleasure listening session. But knowing that 05 doesn't have pre out, i need to change my option(again).

If you have another recommended tube hybrid that under 150 that have pre out, it'll be much appreciated.

And also is it okay to using tube amp (TA-10) for gaming? I find it kinda weird, well maybe because i am new in this desk setup, i am mostly into portable audio, but after owning R70x i began loving open ba k headphone, and it only for home use.

*sorry for my bad english and sorry if its too long

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #242 of 2,005
Thank you so much for answering my question, im having a hard time looking for someone that know the pre out thing in 05.

Im in indonesia and my budget for my desk audio setup only around 250 bucks, in aliexpress i found ta-10 around 250 bucks with discount, i almost pull the trigger on ta-10 but recently i found out tempotec dsd serenade price going down quite a bit in aliexpress its around 100, so i change my option to one serenade and one ta-05, because it will be much more versatile and more option, i can use serenade for gaming or another task that need clear and not too much sound coloration, also some of my cans not work well with tube. TA 05 can be use for my speaker and pleasure listening session. But knowing that 05 doesn't have pre out, i need to change my option(again).

If you have another recommended tube hybrid that under 150 that have pre out, it'll be much appreciated.

And also is it okay to using tube amp (TA-10) for gaming? I find it kinda weird, well maybe because i am new in this desk setup, i am mostly into portable audio, but after owning R70x i began loving open ba k headphone, and it only for home use.

*sorry for my bad english and sorry if its too long

Well it doesn't exactly fit in an Xduoo thread, but the Little Dot Mk II is probably the closest to what you are after as a tube amp with pre-out at roughly $150. Not too many options at that price point.

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #243 of 2,005
Need some advice, I am guessing there is something wrong with one of the tubes on my TA-30? One is lit way more than the other.

20200710_213523.jpg

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #244 of 2,005
Turn the amp off and let the tubes cool - reverse the tubes in the pre-amp sockets and turn it back on. See if the problem follows the tube (moves to right) or the socket (stays left). If you're lucky its a tube problem and you replace it, they are consumables after all. If the swap reveals a socket problem, that's a warranty issue and it does back to Xduoo to fix.

Jul 10, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #245 of 2,005
After a few months with Sylvania tubes in my TA-20 I went back to the Philips tubes I had lying around and I'm impressed with the nuances a pre-amp tube can bring to the sound(stage). Beyerdynamic headphones pair really will with the amp, even the T5p. With the Philips tubes I have no audible hiss.

Jul 10, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #246 of 2,005
Has anyone had a ta-30 and a Feliks Echo to compare? I am impressed by both of them, but the decision is difficult, I am just looking for the best sound quality, I could choose the Echo knowing that it does not have a built-in dac like the ta-30 but if the sound improves with the Echo then I will not think twice

Jul 11, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #247 of 2,005
Turn the amp off and let the tubes cool - reverse the tubes in the pre-amp sockets and turn it back on. See if the problem follows the tube (moves to right) or the socket (stays left). If you're lucky its a tube problem and you replace it, they are consumables after all. If the swap reveals a socket problem, that's a warranty issue and it does back to Xduoo to fix.

Thanks for the advice. When I swapped them it happened again to the right sided tube so I guess it is the unit that is faulty, not the tube. Luckily I bought it from a seller on Amazon UK and returns period is up to 31st July so returns should be easy enough hopefully.

Jul 11, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #248 of 2,005
Thanks for the advice. When I swapped them it happened again to the right sided tube so I guess it is the unit that is faulty, not the tube. Luckily I bought it from a seller on Amazon UK and returns period is up to 31st July so returns should be easy enough hopefully.

Sorry to hear that, but hopefully it will get straightened out quickly.

Jul 12, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #250 of 2,005
Just a question out of curiosity. Anybody tried to use TA-30 purely as an amp and pair it with a DAC? I know it's a hybrid design but still wondering how it would act in such a combo :wink:
That's exactly how I had it with a Sabaj D5 DAC to TA-30 to Focal Utopia. Worked well until my TA-30 went faulty.

Jul 12, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #251 of 2,005
Just a question out of curiosity. Anybody tried to use TA-30 purely as an amp and pair it with a DAC? I know it's a hybrid design but still wondering how it would act in such a combo :wink:

Yep, I've had it paired to a Burson Swing, a topping D90, and a E30 just playing a bit.

Aug 10, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #253 of 2,005
Not sure if the thread is dormant...The TA-20 is my first tube amp and I'm blown away with the sweetness of the sound. Has anyone compared the TA-20 to the Cavalli Liquid Platinum? I would really love to know if one is "better" than the other in terms of Soundstage, clarity, detail retrieval, musicality (PRaT) , coloration (slight warmth).

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #254 of 2,005
Not sure if the thread is dormant...The TA-20 is my first tube amp and I'm blown away with the sweetness of the sound. Has anyone compared the TA-20 to the Cavalli Liquid Platinum? I would really love to know if one is "better" than the other in terms of Soundstage, clarity, detail retrieval, musicality (PRaT) , coloration (slight warmth).

I have had both and think they are within the margin of error of each other and easily can leap frog each other depending on other components and which tubes are in use. The TA-20 is a great budget amp, You should be well served by it. The next step up is probably going to take $1000 or more investment to really improve the sound quality notably.

Aug 10, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #255 of 2,005
I've always wondered how it compares to something like the Bottlehead Crack which gets heaps of praise. That's something that punches way above its weight, helped by the fact that assembly costs are offset.

Hopefully I will get a chance to try out different tube amps to not only hear the differences, but also to find out if they're even for me or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back