Xduoo Amplifiers
Jun 18, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #526 of 1,989
first try something with a higher impedance and lower sensitivity than the iem you are using. A lot of iems will pick up some hiss on high potency amps as they just don't need that much power and the noise floor becomes evident when fed more than they like. If the noise is still there when using a 300Ohm over-ear then you have a microphonics issue and start juggling pieces (tubes, cables, etc) to find and remove it.
ah thank you for the clarification :D I'll try to check for those then.

Edit/Update:- I re-seated the tubes and they're gone but I can still hear a very soft like... "shhhhh" sound thingy. Are those just tubes?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #527 of 1,989
I believe it can be used in that manner. You just need a 4mm to whatever dual output you need or you can get a male 4-Pin XLR to whatever dual output you need. Both should work just fine.
Sorry I was replying wrongly. I should talk about your MT-604.

I see there are three output on the front. Seems all of them are headphone out, but not line out. Simply connect the 4mm (you mean 4.4mm?) output to another power amp will "power" the signal twice. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Jun 18, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #528 of 1,989
Sorry I was replying wrongly. I should talk about your MT-604.

I see there are three output on the front. Seems all of them are headphone out, but not line out. Simply connect the 4mm (you mean 4.4mm?) output to another power amp will "power" the signal twice. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Yes there are three outputs on the front. One 4.4mm input, one 4-Pin XLR output and one 4.4mm output. Either output I'm assuming could be used to power another device making the MT-604 a preamp. You won't be powering a signal twice, you sending the same signal instead of to headphones to a different device where that unit becomes the power output source. MT-604 will then become the volume controller.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #529 of 1,989
I have a question. Newbie here, I'm currently using my iem with the MT-602 + XD-05Plus (as DAC) and I hear a slight microphonic? (electrical-ish kinda sound). I was wondering if I should jump to the TA-10R or XA-10. I do know the XA-10 would be silent with most iem but does the TA-10R have less noise than the MT-602? I really like the sound and soundstage of the 602, it would be a shame to lose that if I switched to the XA-10. I don't use balanced cables so I don't mind about them much. Anyone have tried all three and could give me a little rundown? That would be extremely helpful, thank you so much.
IEMs are normally wonderful but I don't think they need any kind of headphone amp to shine, especially tube ones or even hybrids. Those amps usually needs a higher impedance cans.

Jun 18, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #530 of 1,989
IEMs are normally wonderful but I don't think they need any kind of headphone amp to shine, especially tube ones or even hybrids. Those amps usually needs a higher impedance cans.
well true but they do open up the sound for me at least hmm~ I do like the MT-602, I'm looking for a solid state that can give me a similar sound. Warm and opennnn~ I was thinking of the Singxer SA-1.... probably would have to sell my kidney for it :wink:

P.S. I do own a Sundara as well so the Singxer would still benefit me other than using it with IEM.

P.S.S. Have anyone tried the TA-10R with IEMs? My friend is offering to buy it for me so it's getting kinda hard to resist.... I can then ditch my MT-602 and let my XD-05+ rest from acting as a DAC while charging all the time lol

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #531 of 1,989
well true but they do open up the sound for me at least hmm~ I do like the MT-602, I'm looking for a solid state that can give me a similar sound. Warm and opennnn~ I was thinking of the Singxer SA-1.... probably would have to sell my kidney for it :wink:

P.S. I do own a Sundara as well so the Singxer would still benefit me other than using it with IEM.

P.S.S. Have anyone tried the TA-10R with IEMs? My friend is offering to buy it for me so it's getting kinda hard to resist.... I can then ditch my MT-602 and let my XD-05+ rest from acting as a DAC while charging all the time lol
I have singxer sa-1, warm and smooth. Its at the mid range price range, you'll still have plenty left after trading your kidney :relaxed:

Jun 26, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #532 of 1,989
Does anyone have driver issues with their Xduoo DAC/AMPS? Using the XA-10 for a while now, and when using Amazon Music, it won't go higher than 16 BIt/44.1kHz on their Ultra HD tracks, and Foobar does the same when playing 24Bit/96kHz FLAC.

Jun 28, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #533 of 1,989
I have had my 602 for a few days now and am super impressed. Installed now is a pair of 67' Sylvania 5654's and I'm totally impressed by the sound. Feeding it from a SMSL SU-8 DAC which has a volume control, very useful with this amp.
Just ordered a pair of 1953 Sylvania 6AK5 and have heard good things about them... I'm doubtful, but hoping sound gets even better. Either way this ones a keeper, hope the tube sockets hold up to rolling. So far only tried it with my Superlux trio ~ HD672, HD668b & EVO drives them all effortlessly.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #534 of 1,989
I just picked up one of these. Its very powerful. I cant listen to Grados (32 ohm) with it as it gets way too loud. Its good with the HD650 though. Build quality is really nice and it is very quiet. I changed the stock tubes to some GE ones, not sure if its a big difference might change it back to the Chinese ones. Definitely recommended!
Try some Sylvania's from the 60's...amazing!

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #535 of 1,989
If you want a drive anything tube amp in the Ta series look at the Ta-30. It has a lot of tube character and reacts to changes in rectifier as well (faster recovery time, less sag etc). Being a hybrid with an output transformer makes it suitable for planars and other low impedance headphones that don't like OTL designs.
There is a catch though, the gain is so high, that its painful to adjust even driving more demanding headphones, for example the Hifiman Arya. Other than that it's a great.

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #536 of 1,989
There is a catch though, the gain is so high, that its painful to adjust even driving more demanding headphones, for example the Hifiman Arya. Other than that it's a great.
True, it isn't the best choice for high sensitivty, low impedance models unless you have some volume adjustment before it in the chain. I've found using a -8dB pre-amp setting in foobar helps for times I need more usable volume range on the Ta-30.

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #537 of 1,989
True, it isn't the best choice for high sensitivty, low impedance models unless you have some volume adjustment before it in the chain. I've found using a -8dB pre-amp setting in foobar helps for times I need more usable volume range on the Ta-30.
I read your excellent article and saw that you have a lot of experience with tubes. Based on your article, I'm looking for a pair of Sylvania 50s to 70s to my Xduoo MT 602; a local seller told me that the Sylvania 1967 6ah6wa is compatible, but I couldn't find any information online.

Based on your experience, do you believe the 6ah6wa (cv 5450) tube would actually work on the Xduoo MT 602?

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #538 of 1,989
I read your excellent article and saw that you have a lot of experience with tubes. Based on your article, I'm looking for a pair of Sylvania 50s to 70s to my Xduoo MT 602; a local seller told me that the Sylvania 1967 6ah6wa is compatible, but I couldn't find any information online.

Based on your experience, do you believe the 6ah6wa (cv 5450) tube would actually work on the Xduoo MT 602?

I wouldn't make that swap. The 6ah6wa is closest to the 6J5 Chinese tube, not the 6J1 used in the 602.

Jul 1, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #539 of 1,989
Yes, if you have the chance to use pre amplifyer Setting its a great device, otherwise it will be hard to find the right volume, or even dangerous if you turn up by mistake. Asking myself, if they were testing with susvara alone... :scream_cat: Theyput also a lot of effort into that bluetooth unit, very powerful with super long range and stability.

xduoo seems to have a lot of interesting offerings in a fair price range, to be honest, as well as different design. Can't watch rectangle boxes anymore.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #540 of 1,989
The 1953 Sylvania 6AK5 tubes came in today, they were suppose to be NOS but the pins were pretty dirty\oxidized so perhaps they have seen some use. I use a 220 fine sandpaper very lightly first then clean them with 91% alcohol repeat with fine emery paper then another alcohol rinse. Sound is very good but I am wondering if the 67' Sylvania 6564 didn't sound even better in the 602...
I did notice the 6AK5's have silver\grey plates and the 6564 have black plates. I've read the black plates dissipate heat better but in this application I don't think that's even an issue. Anyone know any good info on plate material and color differences?
The treble is different. Don't know if that could mean they've been used or if they are NOS and needs a bit of burn-in time.
Listening now though and it does sound awful good! I'll let them burn-in a few more hours and take a close listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back