Xduoo Amplifiers
Feb 17, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #346 of 2,015
I have a TA-20 (3 months old) together with 3 different pairs of tubes (Mullard, Sylvania and Jan GE) for sale on ebay if someone's interested, but only for UK.
Would definitely be interested to know the reason why you are selling it 😊

Feb 18, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #347 of 2,015
Would definitely be interested to know the reason why you are selling it 😊

To be fair for me it's all about the journey, tinkering and testing with tubes, amps, headphones, finding things that punch above their weight, etc, but when your wife starts lookin' at you funny seeing 12 headphones on a shelf and 4-5 amps, 3 DACs... I started tiding up about two months ago and kept 4 headphones, a couple of IEM's and I'll get down to one amp probably.

Just to let you guys know, it has already been bought.

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #348 of 2,015
To be fair for me it's all about the journey, tinkering and testing with tubes, amps, headphones, finding things that punch above their weight, etc, but when your wife starts lookin' at you funny seeing 12 headphones on a shelf and 4-5 amps, 3 DACs... I started tiding up about two months ago and kept 4 headphones, a couple of IEM's and I'll get down to one amp probably.

I know the funny look especially when you express ship with DHL from the US "tubes" which does not probably get well appreciated by females 🤣🤣

Feb 22, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #349 of 2,015

Ha! Totally agreed... It is really all about the journey.
And the looks... Oh yes. Since I have no wife (or girlfriend) and no profitable job these days, I've been giving _myself_ some funny looks and decided to settle with what I have for a while.

The TA-20 sounds as sweet as it's clearly getting nowhere else than on my wooden bedside pedestal, especially after I went for some aftermarket tubes pairs.
I've got a pair of Russian Tung-Sol 12AU7W / 6189 on right now. Exquisite result.
There're a couple of pairs I like even better though: the Sylvania/Philips USA 6189 have a bigger stage and warmer bass.
But nothing beats my absolute faves... The RCA 3-MICA Blackplates (D-getter) from the 50s. Bwuoys, they're absolutely amazing!
Pricey most of the times when you find 'em, but if anyone is out to buy one pair only - if you ask me - that would be IT. Jaw-dropping, holographic soundstage along with detail and tube goodness across the whole frequency spectrum. 💕 Saving those for the "special occasions". =)

I'm very glad to read about gentlemen are also having a great time with the new compact hybrid amps as well as with the TA-20 like I am.
I guess that xDuoo knows how to deal with the matter while making these toys accessible at the same time! Bravo! 👏

Feb 22, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #350 of 2,015
Oh yeah, I forgot, let me share my experience with the tubes that I've tried:
Mullard - great midrange, good bass, smooth and rich
Sylvania - detailed, high-end extension, high resolution
Jan GE - excellent definition, stunningly quiet, very good layering, a greater sense or realism

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #354 of 2,015
Why order the TA-30 from Drop when Apos Audio will match the Drop price, give you a 2-year warranty, and you will have it in less than 2 weeks?
Because Drop is selling it for $525 right now (instead of $710). I also have $200 of Drop dollars to spend, and the purchase gives me $45 back in more drop dollars.

So my net cost is $280 instead of $710. Pretty big reason, for my case anyway.

Even without Drop dollars, it’s still nearly $200 discounted there for anyone right now.

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #355 of 2,015
You could have used your Drop dollars on something else but it’s your $$$ and I get using your Drop points is like a rewards card redemption.

What @dpump was stating is that Apos would match the $525.00 price, get it shipped immediately, and give you a 2 year warranty.
Drop is offering no warranty with this purchase so you only have the 30 day return window.

I think of that $45 dollars as the warranty cost and piece of mind. The Apos team are great in my experience anyway.
Not having that warranty gave me pause on this Drop purchase.

https://drop.com/buy/xduoo-ta-30-tube-dac-amp/talk/2764698

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #356 of 2,015
You could have used your Drop dollars on something else but it’s your $$$ and I get using your Drop points is like a rewards card redemption.

What @dpump was stating is that Apos would match the $525.00 price, get it shipped immediately, and give you a 2 year warranty.
Drop is offering no warranty with this purchase so you only have the 30 day return window.

I think of that $45 dollars as the warranty cost and piece of mind. The Apos team are great in my experience anyway.
Not having that warranty gave me pause on this Drop purchase.

https://drop.com/buy/xduoo-ta-30-tube-dac-amp/talk/2764698
Totally good point! I forgot about price matching.

But ya, that $200 I have....not sure what else I would use it on other than an item I’m looking to buy right now. I don’t expect to buy too much more on drop right now too, so I figure this is a good opportunity. I just happened to be looking for tube amps at an affordable price, and boom.

EDIT:: And I guess in terms of the scenario of me not liking the amp, I can sell it in the worst case scenario.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #357 of 2,015
Totally good point! I forgot about price matching.

But ya, that $200 I have....not sure what else I would use it on other than an item I’m looking to buy right now. I don’t expect to buy too much more on drop right now too, so I figure this is a good opportunity. I just happened to be looking for tube amps at an affordable price, and boom.

EDIT:: And I guess in terms of the scenario of me not liking the amp, I can sell it in the worst case scenario.
BTW...here is a good article on tube rolling the TA-30.... https://audiofool.reviews/tube-rolling-the-xduoo-ta-30/

Feb 28, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #359 of 2,015
BTW...here is a good article on tube rolling the TA-30.... https://audiofool.reviews/tube-rolling-the-xduoo-ta-30/
thanks for the audiofool article. just got my ta-30 from a head-fi listing. first impressions are that its good. i was hoping that the TA-30 took the strengths of the TA-20 (detail, imaging, openness etc) and added more heft and bottom. it does those things - but sort of obscures the strengths of the TA-20. imho. so far. without much tube rolling (other than to get the stock tubes out asap).

looking for others' impressions of TA-20 vs TA-30 too.

Feb 28, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #360 of 2,015
thanks for the audiofool article. just got my ta-30 from a head-fi listing. first impressions are that its good. i was hoping that the TA-30 took the strengths of the TA-20 (detail, imaging, openness etc) and added more heft and bottom. it does those things - but sort of obscures the strengths of the TA-20. imho. so far. without much tube rolling (other than to get the stock tubes out asap).

looking for others' impressions of TA-20 vs TA-30 too.
Interesting.

What do you feel the TA-20 did well that the 30 obscures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back