Xduoo Amplifiers
Feb 10, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #331 of 2,015
I'm unsure as to how to describe it 🤣 but I'll try anyways.

I paired mine with the XD-05+ running as the DAC. Used Acoustune HS1695ti iem and Hifiman Sundara. There is a channel imbalance area near the bottom with right side being louder, I think it is around... 7 - 8 o'clock (the first bar from minimum)

The lows are there but it's only "enough"... At least for me. It's really clean though but it won't be a good kick. I call it a clean bass since it doesn't linger long.

Mids are warm-ish and very clear 🤔

The highs are there and it doesn't hurt my ears at least but it sparkles.

All in all.... It sounds like a balanced solid-state with refined highs and lows with more body to it. Although at times it can be thin-ish but accurate though 🤔 reminded me of the stock XD-05+ but with a larger soundstage, better imaging and clarity, less sub-bass, refined highs, good warmth in the mids n lows. Typical XDuoo house sound if you've listened to most of their stuff.

P.S. Definitely worth it for a $100 and could be endgame for most people who just wanted something simple n good. My 6J1 toobs haven't reached the 50 hours proper warm up yet but the lows n mids definitely is getting thicker and kicking more 🤣

P.S.S. Any slightly warmer toobs recommendation? I love the 6j1 sound but I want it to be slight warm-ish. 🤣 I'm used to the XD-05+ with Burson V5i
nice and thorough analysis :) but yet I got even more lost lol
did it have enough juice to run the Sundara to its full potential ? did you use the balanced ports ? I was checking on the TA-20, probably it's a much lesser amp.

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #332 of 2,015
nice and thorough analysis :) but yet I got even more lost lol
did it have enough juice to run the Sundara to its full potential ? did you use the balanced ports ? I was checking on the TA-20, probably it's a much lesser amp.
haha ikr. I got lost in the middle of explaining it myself. Audio is really hard to describe XD

To answer your question I'd say... yes :D definitely yes. It's already loud around 10 - 11 o'clock. Balanced port? This guy doesn't have one I think. It has RCA and Aux in only. I'm currently using the aux in

oh and to add onto that, these two sounded like a wayyy better, warmer and cleaner XDuoo X20 DAP if you ever tried it. XDuoo have similar sound on all of its stuff XD

Attachments

• IMG_20210209_141337.jpg
    IMG_20210209_141337.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 10, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #333 of 2,015
haha ikr. I got lost in the middle of explaining it myself. Audio is really hard to describe XD

To answer your question I'd say... yes :D definitely yes. It's already loud around 10 - 11 o'clock. Balanced port? This guy doesn't have one I think. It has RCA and Aux in only. I'm currently using the aux in

oh and to add onto that, these two sounded like a wayyy better, warmer and cleaner XDuoo X20 DAP if you ever tried it. XDuoo have similar sound on all of its stuff XD
Got lost with the balanced LOXJIE P20 :), probably it make sense to buy it and use it only with its stock tubes not to pay more. As I understood from you, the stock tubes are not that bad ?

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #334 of 2,015
Got lost with the balanced LOXJIE P20 :), probably it make sense to buy it and use it only with its stock tubes not to pay more. As I understood from you, the stock tubes are not that bad ?
To my ears, definitely not bad at all 🤣 it's quite balanced in my opinion. If you prefer warmer then get another tube. If you prefer more analytical and bright... Why the hell are you buying a hybrid tube amp to begin with? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Eagerly waiting for audiofool tube roll review. I'm looking for a very slightly warmer tube XD too warm and it'll sound like the burson v5i lol

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #335 of 2,015
Western Electric 403b or Sylvania or GE 5654 are both a step up. I have some early Sylvania blue tipped (aircraft grade) JHS 6AK5s that are particularly good in it with a much more 3d stage.

Feb 10, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #336 of 2,015
Or the Mullard equivalent...

Feb 11, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #337 of 2,015
Today the xduoo mt-602 arrived. The amp is beautiful, well finished, wonderful sound and with an output power of 1.3w. But ... I found the sound very similar to the Fiio k5 Pro that I have here. I expected it to be noticeably different, because of the tubes. Anyway, I only tested it for a few hours ... Maybe with a few days the differences will become clearer.

rJxG7Xz.jpg

Feb 12, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #338 of 2,015
Pan Am on the cheap?

Feb 12, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #339 of 2,015
Without the DAC, of course ...

Feb 12, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #340 of 2,015
Received the CTH today and tried it a bit with both the Ananda and Elear.
Definitely it kicks way higher than its price with a very clean warm sound out of the box.
Sound should develop more after break in.

Feb 14, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #342 of 2,015
Hi,
Is it Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid? How is it compared to Xduoo-TA20?
Yes it is the Cavalli tube hybrid but i don’t have the TA-20. Regardless it’s a wonderful amp.

Feb 14, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #343 of 2,015
Any one on here have the TA-03s? I am itching to tube roll again...any good suggestions?

Feb 17, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #345 of 2,015
Any one on here have the TA-03s? I am itching to tube roll again...any good suggestions?
@Wiljen have written these~ you can refer to em :D
Tube Rolling the Xduoo Ta-03s tube amplifier (12au7 and 6S19P). | Audiofool Reviews

P.S. I'm sure my MT-602 has fully matured now. I'm actually loving the sound of the 6j1 ngl. It has a nice balance of being super clear and slightly warm. It curbs those sharp trebles down while staying sparkly at some songs. I feel the imaging and separation are all super good. Soundstage is wide but not deep for sure but they ain't super close. It has a nice distance to it. The sub-bass is a little weak though but it's there (pretty sure it's not my iem or headphone since I've heard these two give a good kick). I don't think I will tube roll for now since I can't find any good seller nearby my area (shipping is a pain right now since my wallet is dried).

Used with Acoustune HS1695ti (In-Ear Monitor) and Hifiman Sundara (Open-Back Headphone).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back