Xduoo Amplifiers
Nov 1, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #1,801 of 1,989
How does it fare on stock tubes with the HEKS?
With the stock tubes it's pretty good. Can't remember the exact tubes used, if you want to know I can look them up. Just enough tube body and warmth is added to a give the amp a different character from my thx 887, which sounds rather dry in comparison.

However, with the Riverstone GE tubes the clarirty and detail go up a notch, bringing it into great territory. Because the amp is only 100 and the tube upgrade is only 23, I'd say just upgrade.

Nov 1, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #1,802 of 1,989
With the stock tubes it's pretty good. Can't remember the exact tubes used, if you want to know I can look them up. Just enough tube body and warmth is added to a give the amp a different character from my thx 887, which sounds rather dry in comparison.

However, with the Riverstone GE tubes the clarirty and detail go up a notch, bringing it into great territory. Because the amp is only 100 and the tube upgrade is only 23, I'd say just upgrade.
Thanks you for the reply 👍
The amp is super cheap, and I'll go look for a place to buy the Riverstone tubes in the EU, might be a fun think to try out :)

Edit, no need to look up the numbers on the stock tubes, I'll know if I end up ordering one.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #1,803 of 1,989
Just arrived. Letting it warm up for about an hour before giving it the first listen.
1000063619.jpg

Nov 2, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #1,804 of 1,989
Nov 10, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #1,807 of 1,989
Just arrived. Letting it warm up for about an hour before giving it the first listen.
Hi,
do you have some impressions for us. How do you like it? Any good?
It‘s still on my list, not just for 11.11?

Nov 10, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #1,808 of 1,989
Hi,
do you have some impressions for us. How do you like it? Any good?
It‘s still on my list, not just for 11.11?
Very good. Been comparing against my Soloist 3xp with the Aryas (stealth) and the Venus. The 3xp has more output power but the noise floor on the 20plus is better. Overall, I'm liking the presentation on the 20 plus better. It has more depth (front and back), it has a slight reverb that makes the music feel more live and natural. The bass has a slower decay making it more mellow in a sense, doesn't feel as impactful as on the soloist but it does feel more natural and that is my preference. Same goes for the holographics/imaging, slightly better on the 3xp but more natural on the 20plus. Overall, I'm really impressed with the amp and for the price, especially when it's compared with gear that costs twice as much (msrp). Already have plans to roll the tubes lol.

Nov 10, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #1,809 of 1,989
Very good. Been comparing against my Soloist 3xp with the Aryas (stealth) and the Venus. The 3xp has more output power but the noise floor on the 20plus is better. Overall, I'm liking the presentation on the 20 plus better. It has more depth (front and back), it has a slight reverb that makes the music feel more live and natural. The bass has a slower decay making it more mellow in a sense, doesn't feel as impactful as on the soloist but it does feel more natural and that is my preference. Same goes for the holographics/imaging, slightly better on the 3xp but more natural on the 20plus. Overall, I'm really impressed with the amp and for the price, especially when it's compared with gear that costs twice as much (msrp). Already have plans to roll the tubes lol.
Thanks, sounds good.

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #1,810 of 1,989
TA-20 plus ordered. 😎

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #1,811 of 1,989
TA-20 plus ordered. 😎
Grats! Lets hear what you think about it, when you get it :)
I went with a full tube amp for now, but still very interested in hearing how hybrids handle HiFiMAN cans.

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #1,812 of 1,989
My HE-6 works nice with Solaris/ Liquid Fire (both Hybrids), not so good with the Little Dot
(Tube).
TA-20 will be a good match and i hope most for all my IEMs.

Have to find all my 12AU7 now. Will start with some Psvane.

Nov 13, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #1,814 of 1,989
Works very nicely with my HE1000SE
Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate getting many opinions, as we all hear things differently. But overall, it sounds like the Xduoo hybrids do quite well with HiFiMAN headphones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back