xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Dec 28, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #1,172 of 3,842
No. BK xls200 doesn't have the possibility to join it, and I couldn't have the possibility for the position I have. So I have to connect speakers via 4.4 and sub 3.5.
That still doesn’t answer what you’re going to use as your crossover. Even if the Gryphon can output both outputs simultaneously (which I’m not sure of though I know you can use both the 4.4 on the front and 4.4 on the back at the same time), it won’t be able to do the crossover work for you.

Dec 28, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #1,173 of 3,842
I have just spent 2.5 hours reading all the posts :) I had planned to reply to a few posts following my review (thanks to RayMets1 for sharing it) , but unfortunately my younger sister unexpectedly became seriously ill and passed away 4 days later.
So so sorry for your loss

Dec 28, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #1,174 of 3,842
That still doesn’t answer what you’re going to use as your crossover. Even if the Gryphon can output both outputs simultaneously (which I’m not sure of though I know you can use both the 4.4 on the front and 4.4 on the back at the same time), it won’t be able to do the crossover work for you.
I only ask if it's possible to use 4.4mm and 3.5mm to work together on the rear panel, not front. 4.4mm speakers, 3.5mm subwoofer simultaneously. I can't connect speakers and subwoofer. Crossover is on sub

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #1,175 of 3,842
I have just spent 2.5 hours reading all the posts :) I had planned to reply to a few posts following my review (thanks to RayMets1 for sharing it) , but unfortunately my younger sister unexpectedly became seriously ill and passed away 4 days later.

Very sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family. Thank you for sharing your thoughts during this tough time.

Dec 28, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #1,176 of 3,842

I just wanted to add my overriding view on the Gryphon. It is by far my favourite iFi product. It functionality answers all my needs. I don't use Tidal, so the MQA stuff is something not required. It sounds terrific with all my headphones. The only iFi product that I prefer more from a sound quality point of view, is the Diablo, but that is £300 extra, and the Gryphon has similar sound signature traits to the Diablo.

If anyone has any other questions that haven't been answered in this thread, or within my YT video comments section, please ask away and I'll do my best to answer them.
Sorry for your loss. I appreciate your YT channel.

Dec 28, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #1,178 of 3,842
Just curious...when fully charged my battery indicator seems to show slightly not full, maybe like around 95% full on the indicator. This is after it was charged throughout the night. Are yours like that too?

Dec 28, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #1,179 of 3,842
Just curious...when fully charged my battery indicator seems to show slightly not full, maybe like around 95% full on the indicator. This is after it was charged throughout the night. Are yours like that too?
Gryphon only charges to 80%, though I'm not sure if a full battery indicator is 80% or if it purposefully shows less than full.

Dec 29, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #1,182 of 3,842
Sorry for your loss. Be safe and be strong...

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #1,183 of 3,842
I didn't care for the Gryphon's tone vs the Idsd micro signature, and the TCL phone I had taped to it required being unplugged and plugged back in every time I turned on he sig, so I sent it back as I found that annoying. Using my phone is preferable if I want to stream youtube videos or something or read while listening to music, so I just ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P1Q1Q83/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to attach to my Sig. I'm curious what the LDAC will do in terms of sound, ie if it compromises the sound. I'm hoping not, but we will see. The signature definitely has more detail and more ooph in the bass than the Gryphon does, but the Gryphon is more portable for sure. Good for iems on the go.

Dec 30, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #1,185 of 3,842
My deconstructed "stack" for today.

Roon->2Go->2yu->Gryphon(USB)->KSE1200. Wife triggered, why do you need to make things so complicated, she may have a point, nah. :wink:

20211230_105914.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back