xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Dec 27, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #1,141 of 3,871
I was looking for this product but some stuffs does not add up. Some Head-Fiers says it is military grade quality but the first video on youtube shows how wobbly the buttons are and for the sound quality it is said here by the same users that it rivals Signature but on amazon real user and buyers says it lacks quality comparaison.
Is there some real fairs reviews out there? because the price is twice what previous model was.

How is that that the obvious volume bug is discovered by paid users and not QA???
it cripple every shares except big blogs that rely on IFI ads money.

Hope I can test it myself but by reading the web it scare me at 599£ tag price.
No guarantees but, I might be able to compare the Gryphon with the Signature. An online friend of mine lives close to a place I plan to visit this New Year. If I get the time to visit him, I can compare my Signature against his Gryphon and post those impression here.

Dec 27, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #1,142 of 3,871
No guarantees but, I might be able to compare the Gryphon with the Signature. An online friend of mine lives close to a place I plan to visit this New Year. If I get the time to visit him, I can compare my Signature against his Gryphon and post those impression here.
Thanks, this would help clarify has I am currently sincerely confused about the messages on this product.
The concept is really nice but the very high pricing and too obvious problems turn me down on what should have been a daily loved gizmo.

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #1,143 of 3,871
Hi folks, no matter how you think about it, but really, xDSD Gryphon definitely needs "burn-in". I think about 50-100 hours. The device works for me only for 30 hours and during this short time some roughness disappeared, the sound became smoother and more dynamic and, in general, the sound was transformed, refined. I continue to study ...

Dec 27, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #1,144 of 3,871
I was looking for this product but some stuffs does not add up. Some Head-Fiers says it is military grade quality but the first video on youtube shows how wobbly the buttons are and for the sound quality it is said here by the same users that it rivals Signature but on amazon real user and buyers says it lacks quality comparaison.
Is there some real fairs reviews out there? because the price is twice what previous model was.

How is that that the obvious volume bug is discovered by paid users and not QA???
it cripple every shares except big blogs that rely on IFI ads money.

Hope I can test it myself but by reading the web it scare me at 599£ price.

Thanks, this would help clarify has I am currently sincerely confused about the messages on this product.
The concept is really nice but the very high pricing and too obvious problems turn me down on what should have been a daily loved gizmo.

We do not pay any reviewers to positively review our product. They are all third-party and not influenced in any shape or form to provide a positive review.

Bugs are a natural part of the post-launch process, and we work directly with all customers to make sure things are researched and fixed accordingly.

The Gryphon is a steal for what it offers in turn for the price.

Hi folks, no matter how you think about it, but really, xDSD Gryphon definitely needs "burn-in". I think about 50-100 hours. The device works for me only for 30 hours and during this short time some roughness disappeared, the sound became smoother and more dynamic and, in general, the sound was transformed, refined. I continue to study ...

Thanks, Hans, we agree!

Dec 27, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #1,145 of 3,871
Software glitches etc are a natural hazard in a product like this, the Gryphon will be being used with a large amount of Android handsets from the world with different chipsets and OS versions, these are potentially a bit of a minefield in the early days.

I owned the Chord Poly on release and that was a true nightmare for at least the first year due to glitches.

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #1,146 of 3,871
Bugs are a natural part of the post-launch process, and we work directly with all customers to make sure things are researched and fixed accordingly.

Obviously software is very complexe my point was just that some caveat are more avoidable than others. For corner cases it takes time.
That said having volume bouncing to 100% is a serious bug and having PR saying this is OK this is how we do it instead of handling a severe QA is DAMAGING the brand.
You do not seems to understand the impact of that when this point is presented to every potential WORLD WIDE customers reading amazon comments...

No the official IFI response is this is OK let's release because it just need to be on the market for christmas and we'll correct stuff next year.
Some headfier found this OK, will avoid QA cost for IFI and can wait 2 months with jumping volume but more modest yet invested users like me will just want to enjoy the product or see what Chord or Fiio or Cayin will come with.

Thanks for the PR message and fine handling of the case.

The tone is severe but you will understand my disappointment.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #1,147 of 3,871
Obviously software is very complexe my point was just that some caveat are more avoidable than others. For corner cases it takes time.
That said having volume bouncing to 100% is a serious bug and having PR saying this is OK this is how we do it instead of handling a severe QA is DAMAGING the brand.
You do not seems to understand the impact of that when this point is presented to every potential WORLD WIDE customers reading amazon comments...

No the official IFI response is this is OK let's release because it just need to be on the market for christmas and we'll correct stuff next year.
Some headfier found this OK, will avoid QA cost for IFI and can wait 2 months with jumping volume but more modest yet invested users like me will just want to enjoy the product or see what Chord or Fiio or Cayin will come with.

Volume jump to 100% wasn't happening to all users and I can't remember seeing any posts seeing it was OK, seen posts where they acknowledged and confirmed they were working on the issue.

I'm sounding a bit like a fan boy but some of the reactions in here are a bit over the top. First world problems!

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #1,148 of 3,871

When did they say it was OK? Pretty sure they heard the complaints and said they were looking into them as soon as they were presented.

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #1,149 of 3,871
Volume jump to 100% wasn't happening to all users and I can't remember seeing any posts seeing it was OK, seen posts where they acknowledged and confirmed they were working on the issue.

I'm sounding a bit like a fan boy but some of the reactions in here are a bit over the top. First world problems!

Volume jump is a SERIOUS problem (may cause severe damage to health and equipments) !
This is an issue that should be treated SERIOUSLY (no matter how many users are being affected...)

@Sebastien Chiu Bugs of this kind SHOULD not be a natural part of the post-launch process...!

Dec 27, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #1,150 of 3,871
Volume jump is a SERIOUS problem (may cause severe damage to health and equipments) !
This is an issue that should be treated SERIOUSLY (no matter how many users are being affected...)

@Sebastien Chiu Bugs of this kind SHOULD not be a natural part of the post-launch process...!
Nobody is saying they are not however some of the demands for product recalls are over the top.

Dec 27, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #1,151 of 3,871

No one said said that this specific issue [the volume bug] was OK, or that the complaints were not taken seriously. They in fact were and acted upon immediately.

That was more of a general statement in regarding to any and all bugs that come with any product like in this realm.

We recognized the problem, acknowledged the users who experienced it, and got working on a fix which we provided as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #1,152 of 3,871
I'm quite sure there have been consequences internally at ifi for any serious issues with the product development cycle, but I wouldn't expect ifi (or any other company) to air out these issues on a public forum. Let's give them some space to work it out - we already have new firmware that's gone some way to fixing the issue, and I'm fairly sure there's lots more to come.

Dec 27, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #1,153 of 3,871
For a second I thought you meant the volume issue was just a first world problem. I for one would not like to deal with Tinnitus for the rest of my life nor do I want to loose my IEM's, especially my primary which is discontinued and won't be replaceable.

Fortunately, this problem for the most part seems to be fixed which is great. All things considered I think iFi managed to solve the issue in a reasonable amount of time.
Nobody is saying they are not however some of the demands for product recalls are over the top.
Except for 1 user, I don't remember others asking for a recall of the Gryphon. I've seen a lot of posts wanting for a fix for volume issues but not many demanding recall.

Dec 27, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #1,154 of 3,871
For a second I thought you meant the volume issue was just a first world problem. I for one would not like to deal with Tinnitus for the rest of my life nor do I want to loose my IEM's, especially my primary which is discontinued and won't be replaceable.

Fortunately, this problem for the most part seems to be fixed which is great. All things considered I think iFi managed to solve the issue in a reasonable amount of time.

Except for 1 user, I don't remember others asking for a recall of the Gryphon. I've seen a lot of posts wanting for a fix for volume issues but not many demanding recall.
Again not denying it was a serious issue, and most were reasonable in their requests but I think there was 1 or 2 who were over the top and still are. Just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back