xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Nov 5, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #61 of 3,839
I think theres some confussion here.
About the the xbass 2 it says that one is for bass and the "presence" is for upper midrange, which makes no sense at all for a bass boost, plus I the official website this mornig said that it was for low and midbass, which would be more logical.
It would be nice if Ifi could clarify this. Thanks.

Heres a screenshot of it before they changed it.

Screenshot_2021-11-05-21-55-09-104_org.telegram.messenger_1.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #63 of 3,839
Can we use Gryphon as a DAC only? the line-out spec says 3.7V variable. Is it fine to just max it out or we need to set it to 2V somehow?

Let me double check this for you.

About the the xbass 2 it says that one is for bass and the "presence" is for upper midrange, which makes no sense at all for a bass boost, plus I the official website this mornig said that it was for low and midbass, which would be more logical.

Correct, it is for low and midbass and not midrange. That would have been a typo on our part as xBass does not affect anything else other than low frequencies.

Nov 5, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #64 of 3,839

This is what the xBass does to the frequency response on the xCan. Bass in blue. Midrange "presence" in red. Black is off for both.

xCan xBass Modes-02.jpg

Source: https://www.hifinews.com/content/ifi-audio-xcan-portable-headphone-amp-sidebar-bigger-bass

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #65 of 3,839
Nov 5, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #66 of 3,839
Nov 5, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #67 of 3,839
@ Sebastian,

Your website listing for this product advises "iFi’s ‘Bluetooth engine’ can also be updated over-the-air, so future codecs may be added "

Question - Can the Qualcomm QCC5100 chip support aptX Lossless?

I don't see it mentioned in this Qualcomm link: Qualcomm QC5*** link or perhaps i missed it?

Thanks in advance, looks like a really nice portable amp/dac btw.:thumbsup:

Nov 6, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #72 of 3,839
Nov 6, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #73 of 3,839
hi, no 4.4 and 3.5 lineout?

Nov 6, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #75 of 3,839
@ Sebastian,

Your website listing for this product advises "iFi’s ‘Bluetooth engine’ can also be updated over-the-air, so future codecs may be added "

Question - Can the Qualcomm QCC5100 chip support aptX Lossless?

I don't see it mentioned in this Qualcomm link: Qualcomm QC5*** link or perhaps i missed it?

Thanks in advance, looks like a really nice portable amp/dac btw.:thumbsup:
Technically aptx Lossless is built upon the same codec as aptx Adaptive, thus any Qualcomm SoC that support aptx Adaptive should be able to support aptX Lossless. Then again, I think it also largely depends on Qualcomm to release the firmware to make sure this will work 100%. Don't think iFi can do much about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back