xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Nov 5, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #46 of 3,839
Gah! Somebody makes the DAC/amp I have been waiting patiently for, and it's the company that doesn't publish any useful specs.

Still might have to give it a go.

What specs are you looking for?

Roon ready?

It is fully compatible with Roon, but there are no plans to make this one Roon Ready at this time.

This looks amazing. :D

I'd been wanting a high-end portable amp, but didn't want to get the old model thinking a new one would be coming soon. I love the warm wide-soundstage iFi sound in general, so this looks like the perfect device to accompany my new MacBook Pro!

Thanks so much!

Does it charge your phone while being charged?

It does not, that was exclusive to the Micro iDSD Black Label.

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #47 of 3,839
(...)

I have had no trouble with the connection with the Gryphon unit I have had for the past some time. It's been excellent with zero dropouts.
That's good news, thank you.

'Mate'. I didn't say anywhere that anything was wrong or strange with your usage and I also didn't say that 1m was fine. For the record I get 2-3m of range.
But then you have suggested that it might be not great with my usage. And I explained - there is nothing strange with my usage. 2-3m is also poor and laughable by todays standard, especially that ifi is proudly mentioning BT5.1 chip and its excellent range.

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #48 of 3,839
Also, someone here asked about battery life - it's currently estimated about 8 hours, some of our staff have gotten longer!

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #49 of 3,839
That's good news, thank you.

But then you have suggested that it might be not great with my usage. And I explained - there is nothing strange with my usage. 2-3m is also poor and laughable by todays standard, especially that ifi is proudly mentioning BT5.1 chip and its excellent range.
Just got 6m from living room to kitchen, fine for my usage!
Simple solution is either return or sell🤷‍♂️

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #50 of 3,839
Just got 6m from living room to kitchen, fine for my usage!
Simple solution is either return or sell🤷‍♂️

Try 3m while holding the GO inside palm of your hand.
Excellent advice btw, cheers. But I wasn't looking for any silly advice, prefer to wait for official fix or at least official ifi statement about the issue.

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #51 of 3,839
Excellent advice btw, cheers. But I wasn't looking for any silly advice, prefer to wait for official fix or at least official ifi statement about the issue.
Hardly silly advice, dependant on your country then you may have been able to return under distance selling regulations, actually sensible advice. Your obviously annoyed at what you feel is sub par performance, I've had it with many products where others have not had the same negative experience I may have had. I'm not saying your experience isn't real, what I'm saying is that it doesn't mean the product is flawed. I've wrapped the GO in my hand as you suggest and had it in a deep pocket then walked the 5-6m to my kitchen, no issues.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #52 of 3,839
Hardly silly advice, dependant on your country then you may have been able to return under distance selling regulations, actually sensible advice. Your obviously annoyed at what you feel is sub par performance, I've had it with many products where others have not had the same negative experience I may have had. I'm not saying your experience isn't real, what I'm saying is that it doesn't mean the product is flawed. I've wrapped the GO in my hand as you suggest and had it in a deep pocket then walked the 5-6m to my kitchen, no issues.
It's way beyond that point for me. And I won't be selling faulty device knowing there are issues with the device, it is not fair towards the potential buyer.

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #53 of 3,839
It's way beyond that point for me. And I won't be selling faulty device knowing there are issues with the device, it is not fair towards the potential buyer.
Fair point, why not return to retailer or Ifi if you feel it is faulty? There does seem to be clear cases of people having better experiences with the BT usage than others. If mine was faulty it would be going straight back for replacement or repair.

Back to the post announcement. The Gryphon looks like a really nice bit of hardware, looking forward to being able to order it, the xdsd was a great device and this seems to tick all the boxes I've been looking for in a device.

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #54 of 3,839

I had the same issue with mine, however I was still within the return window so I simply returned it with no hassle. Perhaps the issue is due to variations of component tolerances??

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #55 of 3,839
I had the same issue with mine, however I was still within the return window so I simply returned it with no hassle. Perhaps the issue is due to variations of component tolerances??
Possible. End of OT though. I've laid my concerns here as its same BT chip and got my answer.
Laid my concerns in GO blu thread, still waiting on ifi to say something, anything.

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #56 of 3,839
Possible. End of OT though. I've laid my concerns here as its sam BT chip got my answers. Laid my concerns in GO blu thread, still waiting on ifi to say something, anything.

I have stated multiple times on that thread that we are aware of and recognize the concerns and looking into solutions. That's all I can say at this time!

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #57 of 3,839
Can we use Gryphon as a DAC only? the line-out spec says 3.7V variable. Is it fine to just max it out or we need to set it to 2V somehow?

Nov 5, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #60 of 3,839

Users who are viewing this thread

Back