Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii
Dec 3, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #136 of 149
Ps3 has no games, assassins creed came short, and all thats out by now is Call of Duty 4, need for speed: pro street failed on its face, FEAR port sucked, Orange Box Port sucked too, unless you have faith in Killzone 2 and MGS i wouldnt waste my money on it now

Dont get me wrong, i have owned every sony console cept for this one, they tried to play the specs battle, they won, but its a B1tch to code for.

Dec 3, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #137 of 149
There are actually some decent games for the PS3. Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank; Future... but yeah, definitely not must-buys.

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #138 of 149
All of todays systems IMO harp too much on hardware rather than gameplay EXCEPT the Wii.

Granted I understand I've been in this topic before with gameplay, but it's true.

I understand progression and everything, and peoples want for immensely real graphics, but I think they jumped a little too far with the graphics and not with the gameplay too much.

Examples? Game systems back in the day had gameplay that made you want to keep playing, and you didn't need an internet connection or a headset to play. Games like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Mario Kart, etc. All games that were ridiculously fun, and are still really playable today, even with the graphics at a disadvantage, but it goes to show, when you had less to work with, you relied more on gameplay that graphics.

Don't get me wrong there are some fun games out there, but none of them pull me towards them like the older systems do. Maybe it's because I've grown out of it or whatever, but it still doesn't really attract me.

IMO, the Wii wins me over if I had to shell out money on a game system. Not only because it's cheaper, but the replay value is higher IMO. I PERSONALLY thought the "gimmicky" controller to add to replay value, even if the graphics were cheesy, the game did what it was intended to do, amuse and occupy your time.

I frankly find it surprising that it's the least liked system out today for your hardcore gamers. Then again, it's not meant to be raw cutting edge graphics that blow your mind....it's about what video games were originally designed for, amusing you INTERACTIVELY.

Dec 3, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #139 of 149
360. The Wii's only fun at parties and the PS3 just doesn't have the titles to merit its support. I don't need a Blu-Ray player. Also, XBox Live is fantastic, plain and simple. I've never seen a system as intuitive and simple, even in the world of PC gaming.

Dec 3, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #141 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All of todays systems IMO harp too much on hardware rather than gameplay EXCEPT the Wii.

Granted I understand I've been in this topic before with gameplay, but it's true.

I understand progression and everything, and peoples want for immensely real graphics, but I think they jumped a little too far with the graphics and not with the gameplay too much.

Examples? Game systems back in the day had gameplay that made you want to keep playing, and you didn't need an internet connection or a headset to play. Games like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Mario Kart, etc. All games that were ridiculously fun, and are still really playable today, even with the graphics at a disadvantage, but it goes to show, when you had less to work with, you relied more on gameplay that graphics.

Don't get me wrong there are some fun games out there, but none of them pull me towards them like the older systems do. Maybe it's because I've grown out of it or whatever, but it still doesn't really attract me.

IMO, the Wii wins me over if I had to shell out money on a game system. Not only because it's cheaper, but the replay value is higher IMO. I PERSONALLY thought the "gimmicky" controller to add to replay value, even if the graphics were cheesy, the game did what it was intended to do, amuse and occupy your time.

I frankly find it surprising that it's the least liked system out today for your hardcore gamers. Then again, it's not meant to be raw cutting edge graphics that blow your mind....it's about what video games were originally designed for, amusing you INTERACTIVELY.

I got a Wii at the moment, but will get a PS3 when GT5 comes out and during the 2nd price drop (300s?)

I actually had two of those three SNES games: Chrono Trigger and Mario Kart. Between my brother and I, and many other kids at that time, it had to have been thousands of hours spent on that game, be it battle mode or just match race. CT I played through at least 3 or 4 times, getting everyone to highest level with attributes and equipment maxed out. Even as good as SM Galaxy looks (for 480p), I just wished that they had pushed the Wii's hardware just a bit more so that it could hit 720p.

Dec 3, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #142 of 149
The Wii was good at parties (novelty has worn off). Pointer part of controls is what I like, hate the motion mostly. Mario Galaxy is worth the entire Wii price....

PS3, multiplats finally getting up to around 360 quality. A couple decent exclusives, freaking awesome build, quiet, great BD player and excellent upconverting DVD. Great PS2 support (esp for the old models).

X360....never have I played a console and been hooked so much...insane. The Live community with a bunch of friends (over 10 IRL, 30+ forum buddies)...awesome integration. Games best out there, the best exclusives IMO (except mario galaxy!). Nice multimedia functions for non physical media (marketplace, PC integration, etc).

I have owned all 3 pretty much from launches. Like all three, never a fan of any company in particular, but feel MS hit an absolute homerun with the 360....except the lousy build and reliability. They also got dinged in the Wii wake...which I still feel is mostly hype...these games mostly suck in comparison...but they do work well for a change of pace or for new people (hence massive popularity)

Dec 19, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #143 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by ptaaty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS3 [...] Great PS2 support (esp for the old models).

How accurate is that really? Granted, 60GB models give good compatibility (although they are discontinued), but 40GB don't at all and 80GB models do so only through emulation and I've heard that works about 50% of the time.

Jan 21, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #145 of 149
I have 360 & Wii, but considering PS3... (because I have the rest playstation products... PSX, PSone, PSP, & PS2).
However, I'm going to sell Wii... because most of the games out there, is quite boring. I'm better off with 360...

Jan 22, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #146 of 149
I had a Wii and have a 360. Honestly neither are as great as I would've liked. Sold the Wii because only a handful of games were fun for it. That and it's not a single player console. I work too much to hang out that often with my friends, so it never got played.

360 is nice because of Rock Band. Again, really a party only game, but holy hell is it worth it. That and there are a number of single player titles out there that can keep me entertained. I might find more interest in it once I get an HDTV and get to really appreciate the good graphics.

One of the problems I've been finding lately is that video games in general are starting to suck. They're all the same now. They hold your attention for a month or so, then you move on. What happened to the classics like Mario, Mario Kart, Sonic, and the like? If I still had my gameboy I'd STILL be playing Super Mario and Kirby. But with Xbox, I just bought Halo 3, and I'm already starting to get a little bored.

Jan 23, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #148 of 149
ive played the wii, fun for a while, but sometie of the games are just rubbish, its not as reall as it makes out to be, good for a start but not really worth it

ps3, no way, never liked any playstion (especially the controllers), hate sony stuff in general, cant paly ssx3 on ps2 at all but i love it on the xbox

loved the xbox so itd be the 360 but i use my laptop for games mostly

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #149 of 149
have both Wii and 360. I play on line all the time with the 360. (COD4). My son recently played COD 4 at his friends house with a PS3 and told me the delay in joining games was insane. He was happy to go back to 360 live

Users who are viewing this thread

Back