Xbox 360 or PS3
Jan 1, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #32 of 75
From a CD console side, I remember picking up the Amiga CD32 - Its sitting in a draw next to me in fact, wish they never went under.

Jan 1, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #33 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo_
so whose gotten their consoles on the days they came out

i got

nintendo 64 on its debut for 200 bucks
gamecube
and the
ps2 all on opening sales day

I got N64 when it was first out, and that was also the last console I bought. I think i'll jump on the PS3 wagon as i'm getting tired of PC =/

Jan 1, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #34 of 75
My favorite console was the Sega Saturn. But only because of Death Tank. Which is why I still have my Saturn and play it often.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Jan 1, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #35 of 75
super nintendo 4-eva b**ches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(my impression of a fanboy)

Jan 1, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #36 of 75
I've played my friends 360 a handful of times, and it looks good, but i think he'd benifit from an hdtv...anyway, I'd probably pick one up after the first price drop depending on how much was knocked off. As far as the PS3 goes...I haven't been keeping up on the latest news by any means. Has it been anounced what the specs will be?

Jan 1, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #38 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
By Christmas, obviously, I meant the Christmas "window". Gabe Logan seemed to think it may be out in March here...not going to happen.

First off i said it "could" come out as early as March but i really don't think a xmax 2006 will be it's date.They know too much of a lead to the 360 will hurt too much and Sony has indicated a "surprise" come febuary that could mean sooner than expected launch or a big exclusive title like GTA.That's my thought on it anyway.

Jan 2, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #41 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
I think the 360 was rushed to market and the weaknesses are starting to show. I'll be looking forward to the PS3.

I agree

Jan 2, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #42 of 75
Yup PS3 camp here too, even though the PS2 hardware was shocking, I've had 3 PS2's!!

I have to ask, whats the price of Xbox 360 games over there in the states? All the ones I've seen over here are £50-55 a pop! Thats around $80-90 Thats crazy!! Final Fantasy 8 was 4 disc's and cost me £30! What the hell is going on!
confused.gif

Jan 2, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #43 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall2072
Yup PS3 camp here too, even though the PS2 hardware was shocking, I've had 3 PS2's!!

I have to ask, whats the price of Xbox 360 games over there in the states? All the ones I've seen over here are £50-55 a pop! Thats around $80-90 Thats crazy!! Final Fantasy 8 was 4 disc's and cost me £30! What the hell is going on!
confused.gif

$50 - $60

Jan 2, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #44 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Not sure where you heard that, but it is totally false.

Cool, good to hear that warranty is included in purchase price. A friend of mine that works at Circuit City said you had to buy warranty on top of the system (this is in Canada BTW). Maybe this issue only applies to Circuit City?? I'll double check with my friend and see what he says. Though I am fairly certain that the overheating problem is worldwide. Have you experienced any overheating problems yet AuroraProject?

Jan 2, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #45 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by xand1x
Cool, good to hear that warranty is included in purchase price. A friend of mine that works at Circuit City said you had to buy warranty on top of the system (this is in Canada BTW). Maybe this issue only applies to Circuit City?? I'll double check with my friend and see what he says. Though I am fairly certain that the overheating problem is worldwide. Have you experienced any overheating problems yet AuroraProject?

I have had zero problems. The 360 comes with a 90 day warranty from Microsoft, you can always choose to add a retailer extended warranty or purchase a 2 year warranty from Microsoft for $59.99, but neither are required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back