Xbox 360 or PS3
Jan 1, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #16 of 75
Thanks for the comments another i also want to wait for the PS3 so maybe the 360 will drop in price and oh yeah it plays sacds which i need since the only player in my house is my dads

Jan 1, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #18 of 75
I'm going to wait and get the PS3. The X360 launch titles were horrible in my opinion. And nothing worth while is coming anytime soon, I think.

I bought the original Xbox when Halo came out sooo I'll probably end up
getting the 360 when halo 3 comes. Other than Halo and Gears of War I don't see a reason to get the X360.

Jan 1, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #21 of 75
Hard to tell at the moment. The 360 launch lineup was garbage as stated above, which I agree with. I don't think the game developers have even begun to scratch the surface of the 360's potential as well too. Though other things concern me, I've been hearing things about an overheating issue with the 360 units which, IMO, is unacceptable. Apprantly microsoft won't repair them for you either unless you purchased the warranty on top of the 360 (shouldn't warranty be included in the purchase price???). PS3 is a tossup right now, with the current ps2 game lineup to play plus the new technology and other games it seems promising though. I never usually buy into these consoles until the prices drop way down (thanks to head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Jan 1, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #22 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by xand1x
Apprantly microsoft won't repair them for you either unless you purchased the warranty on top of the 360 (shouldn't warranty be included in the purchase price???).

Not sure where you heard that, but it is totally false.

Jan 1, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #25 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
No one knows when the PS3 will launch so saying xmas 2006 is misleading.It could come as early as march but anyways,the 360 seems to be heading toward down the FPS path again and since i can afford only one at the moment it will be the PS3.

It's no accident that all systems in NA launch in Q3-Q4 every year. Launches need big numbers, and Christmas is the only time of year to really expect big numbers.

Much like the PS2, it will launch in Japan in Q1, and Q3-Q4 here.

I don't need it to be "confirmed". It just makes business sense.

Jan 1, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #27 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
It's no accident that all systems in NA launch in Q3-Q4 every year. Launches need big numbers, and Christmas is the only time of year to really expect big numbers.

Much like the PS2, it will launch in Japan in Q1, and Q3-Q4 here.

I don't need it to be "confirmed". It just makes business sense.

Yeah, but you specfically said Christmas, not Q3 or Q4.

North America launch dates for major consoles (per Wikipedia):

PS1: 9-9-05
PS2: 10-26-00
Xbox: 11-15-01
Xbox 1.5: 11-22-05.
Gamecube: 11-18-01.

Looks like October/November is the big winner if past history holds. I wouldn't be surprised if the system came sooner though, I'd think Sony wants to get the PS3 out there as soon as they can. They'll have shortages whenever it's released anyway.

Jan 1, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #28 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
Yeah, but you specfically said Christmas, not Q3 or Q4.

North America launch dates for major consoles (per Wikipedia):

PS1: 9-9-05
PS2: 10-26-00
Xbox: 11-15-01
Xbox 1.5: 11-22-05.
Gamecube: 11-18-01.

Looks like October/November is the big winner if past history holds. I wouldn't be surprised if the system came sooner though, I'd think Sony wants to get the PS3 out there as soon as they can. They'll have shortages whenever it's released anyway.

By Christmas, obviously, I meant the Christmas "window". Gabe Logan seemed to think it may be out in March here...not going to happen.

Jan 1, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #30 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by xand1x
I've been hearing things about an overheating issue with the 360 units which, IMO, is unacceptable.

It is and it actually made me laugh a lot. I prefer to have my crashes on my PC (also mostly due to Microsoft) and not on a console.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back