Xbox 360 or PS3
Feb 18, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #61 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
I'll wait for the PS3. Since I'm not playing much, I only need Final Fantasy and Tekken to be happy.

tekken 5?? I'm still addicted to that game...e ven soul caliber 3 cant touch it.

Feb 18, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #62 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
tekken 5?? I'm still addicted to that game...e ven soul caliber 3 cant touch it.

Yeah, I absolutely love that game! So much fun. But I probably shouldn't have chosen Azuka as main my character. Only much later into the game did I realize that the balance is really tilted towards people like Nina and Steve. And too bad that there's no online option. I really hope the next Tekken can incorporate that (and make Azuka a bit stronger).

Feb 18, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #63 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
Heh, i think you done been told wrong my friend. The PS3's hardware humbles anything out, including most peoples' computers. Do we need specifecs? There is no comparison.

Um how do you know? I doubt you've even played it or seen screenshots of its graphics!
eggosmile.gif

Feb 18, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #64 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
Um how do you know? I doubt you've even played it or seen screenshots of its graphics!
eggosmile.gif

You've "heard" that it wouldn't be as impressive as xbox? Have you played it or seen screenshots of it's graphics?

evil_smiley.gif

Uh . . pretzels!

Feb 18, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #66 of 75
IGN is not the best source of information either since they claimed not to long ago the 360's 3 cpu's are 9 Ghz
rolleyes.gif

Go to the beyone3d forums and they will rip that article apart
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #67 of 75
PS3 will be sweet. Of that I have no doubt. But I won't make any other claims until it is something other than vapour.

Xbox 360 is awesome. I can touch it, look at it, play it. It is a tangible thing. I can say the graphics are great because I have played the games. I can say the interface is amazing because I use it all the time.

Ps3 so far is mock ups, spec sheets and hyperbole. How can anyone even begin to compare?

Feb 18, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #68 of 75
Could be a long time before the PS3 appears. I saw a story on Ars Technica where a game programmer working for sony was fired for speaking out against the PS3. Apparently it is nowhere near ready for production and is going to be even more difficult to program for than the PS2.

I don't take sides in these things but the safe money is to wait until the PS3 is released. Either it will deliver or it won't. At the very least you will be able to pick up the Xbox 360 at a discount at that time instead of a premium because of the short supply.

I have heard that it is likely the 360 will be reissued with a bigger hard drive as many people have already filled theres up with downloadable content. That was a pretty much impossible task with the old xbox unless you decided to endure the excruciating waits and ripped enough cd's to do so.

Feb 18, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #69 of 75
I don't beleive anyones specs at all.

Just marketing hoopla with no attachment to real world performance. As the angry programmer from sony said all the demo's thus far are total mock ups. They are run on the hardware but are not at all representative of actual games.

I am thinking back to the PS2 hype and the "Emotion Engine" claims. I got my PS2 on the day of the release and was incredibly dissapointed.

Proof will be in the pudding

not in the specs.

Feb 18, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #70 of 75
360 for sure, but not for at least a year. As for the PS3, we'll see what Sony does with it.

I really wish MS would make a small version of the original xbox, but I know it will never happen
frown.gif

Feb 18, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #71 of 75
It's going to be a long and agonizing wait fot the PS3. You can betcha there will be a lot of shortages and eBay rapage for sure.

XBox 360 on the other hand? You can probably walk into a store and buy one right now.

Oh, and March is going to have a good amount of killer games releasing.

GRAW!!! GRAW!!! GRAW!!!!

Nintendo rEvolution?
Um, yeah. I will not insult my beautiful HDTV with that thing.

-Ed

Feb 18, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #72 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by omedon
Could be a long time before the PS3 appears. I saw a story on Ars Technica where a game programmer working for sony was fired for speaking out against the PS3. Apparently it is nowhere near ready for production and is going to be even more difficult to program for than the PS2.

I don't take sides in these things but the safe money is to wait until the PS3 is released. Either it will deliver or it won't. At the very least you will be able to pick up the Xbox 360 at a discount at that time instead of a premium because of the short supply.

I have heard that it is likely the 360 will be reissued with a bigger hard drive as many people have already filled theres up with downloadable content. That was a pretty much impossible task with the old xbox unless you decided to endure the excruciating waits and ripped enough cd's to do so.

Two big problems already with the PS3.

Memory.

Already reports of the PS3 OS using more RAM than the X360, and both will have the same amount of system RAM, 512MB.
What does this mean? Less memory for all the visual goodies. Like textures, lighting, etc. 1080P games? 1080P with lower resolution textures.

Content Protection Issues.

BluRay is a asset AND a liability. The delay of the release of BluRay because of copyright protection issues will also cause a delay with the PS3 if it's going to play BluRay movies from day one.

-Ed

Feb 18, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #74 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
After watching the Guns of Patriots trailer in true 720p I have no doubt in my mind that I will be buying a PS3. That trailer was just ridiculous. Kudos to Kojima

Got a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back