Xbox 360 game discussion/impressions thread
Oct 26, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #31 of 204
The 2 games i'm waiting for are Winning Eleven 2007 and Fable 2. Fable 2 looks intense. You can make babies and buy property. I hope there'll be KOTOR III. Kotor is by far my most favorite series ever. Well, first, i need to get an xbox 360..lol....

Oct 26, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #32 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
The 2 games i'm waiting for are Winning Eleven 2007 and Fable 2. Fable 2 looks intense. You can make babies and buy property. I hope there'll be KOTOR III. Kotor is by far my most favorite series ever. Well, first, i need to get an xbox 360..lol....

Kotor 3's pre-dev team was fired quite a while back in the LucasArts shakeup, so who knows if it'll ever come out.

Mass Effect
is the same style game done by the original Kotor devs though. That and Bioshock are the 360 games I'm looking forward to most.

Oct 27, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #33 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
but GOW is the one I'm really looking forward to.

We're gong to find out if all the hype is worth it soon! I have some doubts, but hopefully they're all erased when I'm playing it.

Speaking of shooter, I finished Condemned and really enjoyed it. It was a nice change of pace.

Now, I'm doing Quake IV - playing cheapies now 'cause I've got at least 4 new games on the must have list for November - trying to get my dual stick twitch down before I get destroyed on Live in RS:V and GOW (I know GOW isn't a fps btw
wink.gif
).

It's taking a while, but I'm getting better at the analogs for targeting. So do you guys have any targeting tips for a pc fps guy trying to have a go on consoles?

Oct 27, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #34 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I played the Rainbow 6 demo.

I like it alot, but if I had to pick only one, Gears of War would be the one.

-Ed

I'm really looking forward to GoW, but Rainbow 6 really has me psyched for the first time in a LOOOONG time. All I can say is words don't do justice for what the use of grapples will do for multiplayer. It will truly transform the battle area into a wide open playset by letting you choose how you infiltrate a building(by stairs or up the wall).

...Oh...and the face mapping with the Xbox camera is sweet. What better way to get back at a few friends than shooting them in their vitual face. LOL!!

Oct 27, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #35 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
$60 for the game, and then another $10/month and I still have to type?

No thanks.

-Ed

True, but truth be told, I spent somewhere between 1500 and 2000 hours on PSO over the course of two years. This is pretty much the same, only better.

Oct 27, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #36 of 204
My fav 360 game is Call of Duty 2, this game is so fun, the SP it intense, easy at first, but it picks up good especially if you try Vetren mode. The online is amazing, its what has kept me hooked, they have fixed all the probs that it started with and its perfect.

NHL 07 i picked up a couple weeks ago and i have to say its the best hockey game ever, i love it. The new controls are so sick. Goalies are amazing, the puck acts on its own now and can slip threw the goalie like someone else was saying. But some of those goals are gay, but it makes it more realisic, but some of them are just gay.

Splinter Cell DA is sick, i got it on sunday beat it on monday. It was to short. Amazing game though, kinda same things as the old ones but some new moves and tools. It has amazing graphics but if i were to do it over again i woulda just rented this game since it was short.

Those are some of my fav 360 games

Oct 27, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #37 of 204
After months of himming and hawing I've decided I'm finally going to pick up a 360. The bundle from costco comes with PGR 3, is this any good? I'm going to be picking up NHL 07, my buddy has it and we've had many nights of beer and hockey...it's such a refreshing new way to play hockey on a console. I'll also look to get Tiger Woods 2007 and a FPS yet to be decided upon.

As far as the FPS goes...should I wait for GOW or pick up something that is out already? GOW is out fairly soon no? oh...I guess GOW is technically a 3rd person shooter...

Oct 27, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #38 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lantern2814
I'm really looking forward to GoW, but Rainbow 6 really has me psyched for the first time in a LOOOONG time. All I can say is words don't do justice for what the use of grapples will do for multiplayer. It will truly transform the battle area into a wide open playset by letting you choose how you infiltrate a building(by stairs or up the wall).

...Oh...and the face mapping with the Xbox camera is sweet. What better way to get back at a few friends than shooting them in their vitual face. LOL!!

Haven't played multiplayer, but if it's anything like single player, it will be limited use, since there are only a few places you can hook onto. Basically a nice spot to snipe.

-Ed

Nov 3, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #40 of 204
Picked up F.E.A.R. yesterday and spent about 5 hours or so with it today. Graphics seem pretty smooth but nothing jaw dropping. I do have to admit that this is probably shaping up to be one of the scariest games I've played since the first Resident Evil on PS1 but it's very early in the game and there is time for it to go either way. I recommend setting it to the second from hardest setting if you are experienced FPS player... the setting just below (default) was a bit too easy. Nothing too new or special about the weapons so far but the gameplay is very fun and again there are some pretty freaky parts so far.

With Gears of War out next week I'd better finish it fast or it will be on hold
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 3, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #41 of 204
wakeride, you wanna get some other head-fiers that are gonna get GoW and start some online play? because i got it coming and id love to have some chill people to paly with...

Nov 3, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #42 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong

KOTOR..Greatest Xbox game IMO..

Nov 3, 2006 at 6:02 PM Post #44 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
wakeride, you wanna get some other head-fiers that are gonna get GoW and start some online play? because i got it coming and id love to have some chill people to paly with...

I don't play online much just due to lack of time but feel free to use this thread to check with others here for interest!

I also finished Splinter Cell a couple days ago and from what I understand there are a couple different endings that depend on the decisions you make. This along with the stealth rating makes for some great replay value. I do have a couple complaints though...

WARNING Splinter Cell Double Agent Spoilers!
Initially I liked the JBA headcounters missions... I thought they were an interesting change. By the end of the game I felt a little cheated out of real missions with the game time the JBA missions took. I was also disappointed with the very unclimatic ending... I have to make some different decisions and check out the alternates but I was really hoping for a big showdown between Sam and Emile or Sam and Moss and the end really just seemed to be a big let down. Still a very enjoyable game but if the graphics were last gen I don't know that it would be one of my favorite Splinter Cell games.

Nov 4, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #45 of 204
I might sell my 360 to get more audio.. Since April I only played about 30 hrs on it..Even my favorite first person shooter (R63) isn't getting me excited. & I played the demo. Maybe I just out grew gaming..
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back