XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Jul 11, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #783 of 1,196
Does anyone use an amp with their XBA-30?  Never tried using one with an IEM before and was consdierng a Pico Slim or RSA Shadow.  Does it make a difference?

I use a FiiO E11 to smoothen the highs a bit. Also works really well if your source has >3 Zout. The E11 has Zout of 1 and it doesn't make the highs peak more on the xba3.

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #785 of 1,196
There is a difference in the highs....
The 30's are less sibilant fresh out of the box than the xba-3......
I found them to have a better lower end as well than a xba-3 right out of the box.....
But having said all of this after over a 100 hours of use my xba-3 sounds just like a xba-30 out of the box.....
But no matter which you bought you would be satisfied..........
I have fallen in love with mine......

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #787 of 1,196
So I'm trying to decide on a mid-priced dual or triple BA type of IEM for extreme metal. For comparison, the best IEM I own both in tone and EQ shape is the Vsonic GR99. A very mild V shape, or balanced tone that extends completely through the subbass so that the bass drum in blast beats sound right is necessary. In comparison, the JVC FX40 is the worst I've ever owned or used because of the excessive V shape kills the guitars and vocals. The Monoprice 8320 and Phillips 3590 I have are not bad.

So given this would the XBA-3/30 or XBA-2/20 be good to appreciate screams over blast beats?

Jul 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #788 of 1,196
So I'm trying to decide on a mid-priced dual or triple BA type of IEM for extreme metal. For comparison, the best IEM I own both in tone and EQ shape is the Vsonic GR99. A very mild V shape, or balanced tone that extends completely through the subbass so that the bass drum in blast beats sound right is necessary. In comparison, the JVC FX40 is the worst I've ever owned or used because of the excessive V shape kills the guitars and vocals. The Monoprice 8320 and Phillips 3590 I have are not bad.

So given this would the XBA-3/30 or XBA-2/20 be good to appreciate screams over blast beats?
They are reasonably fast, fairly detailed and well extended for the most part. I think they'll work well for you! Though for more sub-bass, I know the Shure SE-535 (I believe is the model) is highly rated, and uses two woofers and a tweeter instead of the woofer, mid and tweeter setup the XBA-3 uses. It depends on your budget really, as well as your preference for flat or slight V

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #790 of 1,196
I just gotta say,

Been using these iems for a month or so daily for travel.

I use them with the white silicone tips from my s3 galaxy, The stock tips are rubbish imo, all of them.

The sound these produce still leaves my jaw dropped at points, For 75 dollars It's outstanding the detail and clarity I get out of them. Hell I would pay 150 for them.

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #792 of 1,196
Quote:
For anybody interested, I have 2 pairs for sale. One new, the other very briefly auditioned. They are good, just not quite as good
as my TF10's.

Just ordered what i believe to be the last pair from sven993. I cant wait to get them and hear the pure bliss from these! I got rid of my x10's because i hated them! The x10's are one of those headphones where you dont believe the hype. Now the EPH-100sl is totally different story. Im ordering those tomorrow! 

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #793 of 1,196
Quote:
They are reasonably fast, fairly detailed and well extended for the most part. I think they'll work well for you! Though for more sub-bass, I know the Shure SE-535 (I believe is the model) is highly rated, and uses two woofers and a tweeter instead of the woofer, mid and tweeter setup the XBA-3 uses. It depends on your budget really, as well as your preference for flat or slight V

I ended up deciding on the Philips Fidelo S1 over the XBA-3. Hopefully still what I'm looking for.

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #794 of 1,196
I love the way these sound.. but they just don't agree with my ear canals comfort wise (don't like the hybrid tips at all).

Sucks none of my current comply tips fit them.

I'm bout to order the T-200's right now... has anyone had comfort issues with these? Does comply help yall out?

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #795 of 1,196
I'm using TSX-200, and they are comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back