XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Jun 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #751 of 1,196
Quote:
Hi all,

First post here in this forum.  Hope my noobness doesn't show much. 
smile.gif
   Anyhow, after gone through Apple iem, Klipsch s4i, and Nocs ns800, I finally found this thread, which persuaded me to spend my hard earn money on the XBA-30.   It's at Tenso warehouse right now.  Can't wait for it to arrive!

Thanks everyone especially Dsnuts for all the infos. 
beerchug.gif

Great buy, I hope you'll love it.
Welcome to Head-Fi, I'm sorry for your wallet. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #753 of 1,196
XBA30 and the iPhone 4S have great synergy. The XBA30 will sound how it should even without an amp. Not sure with the MBP tho...

If its still dark sounding to you, the C&C BH or JDS Labs C5 will help.

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #755 of 1,196
So I picked up some Xba-1s off of amazon and have been thoroughly enjoying them so far. Seperation seems very good, vocals are excellent and it actually seems to have decent impact. PLUS, the way the tips actually adhere to the 'phones themselves, I shouldn't ever have problems with them slipping off like with my old monster turbines. 

That being said, the XBA-3 should be here tomorrow, so hopefully it improves upon everything I love with deeper bass, overall fuller sound and better staging, as seems to be what has been said about it! Will probably post again tomorrow once I try it out~

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #756 of 1,196
Quote:
So I picked up some Xba-1s off of amazon and have been thoroughly enjoying them so far. Seperation seems very good, vocals are excellent and it actually seems to have decent impact. PLUS, the way the tips actually adhere to the 'phones themselves, I shouldn't ever have problems with them slipping off like with my old monster turbines. 

That being said, the XBA-3 should be here tomorrow, so hopefully it improves upon everything I love with deeper bass, overall fuller sound and better staging, as seems to be what has been said about it! Will probably post again tomorrow once I try it out~

To my ears they don't sound anything alike, the xba-1 is more flatter and upfront. The xba-3 have more bass and highs but sound more distant too so you loose a bit of the mids.

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #758 of 1,196
Sony Xperia phones have >1ohm impedance values that's why they make the XBAs sound brighter. I still prefer pairing them with either iPhone 4/4s or iPod touch 5th gen because they have great synergy with the XBAs.

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #759 of 1,196
I'm really surprised in how huge differences are using (even almost similar) sources for the Xba-3. This is the first IEM giving me such weird signatures between cellphones too. Sometimes mids sound really far away, others the treble will pierce my ears or the bass seems shy... Funny thing, I rather use them directly from my laptop... I have problems understanding the reasons for this phenomenon leaving aside impedance...

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #760 of 1,196
To my ears they don't sound anything alike, the xba-1 is more flatter and upfront. The xba-3 have more bass and highs but sound more distant too so you loose a bit of the mids.

I see what you mean. Still not a huge amount of time had with it but the mids are definitely more recessed. Still present enough for me and the comparatively full sound is just what I have been looking for! Well extended, very detailed and great all around sound. Glad I jumped on it~

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #761 of 1,196
So...  I got the XBA-30, and here's what I think.

The sound is awesome.  Everything that I can ask for in an iem.  Build quality is great, except for some reason the remote/mic is on the left side?!?  I guess it's for the lefties lol. Anyhow, with all that said, I ran into one (big) issue.  It's too big for my ears.  After I wear it for 30 minutes, my ears get sore.  
frown.gif

It's a huge bummer because everything else is perfect.

If anyone has any suggestion, please let me know.   I also start a new thread  http://www.head-fi.org/t/670313/is-nocs-ns600-my-only-option in case someone have other iem that can somewhat match this one.  Thanks guys!

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #762 of 1,196
So...  I got the XBA-30, and here's what I think.

The sound is awesome.  Everything that I can ask for in an iem.  Build quality is great, except for some reason the remote/mic is on the left side?!?  I guess it's for the lefties lol. Anyhow, with all that said, I ran into one (big) issue.  It's too big for my ears.  After I wear it for 30 minutes, my ears get sore.  :frowning2:

It's a huge bummer because everything else is perfect.

If anyone has any suggestion, please let me know.   I also start a new thread  http://www.head-fi.org/t/670313/is-nocs-ns600-my-only-option in case someone have other iem that can somewhat match this one.  Thanks guys!

My suggestion is to get some comply tips, 200 series, much improved comfort here~

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #764 of 1,196
The thing is, I think it's the body of the headphone itself, not the tip.  I will try it again today for a couple hours and see if I still have the same problem.

Is it above or below your ear? I had soreness below but with the new tips they don't have to go in as deep, and haven't had the issue since. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back