XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Mar 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #601 of 1,196
Quote:
Has anyone compared the XBA-30 to the UE Triple Fi 10?  Would love to know your thoughts between the 2.  Thanks in advance.

+1

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #602 of 1,196
Wait, what did you do to get more bass? I found the XBA 3/4 lacked Bass, especially the low end (even with the Digizoid Zo2). I just used the earbuds that were already on the earphones, they fit fine.

Try using other tips if you have spares. I use meelec double flange tips on mine. Tips with wide bores like meelec, auvio, and jvc allow bass freq to extend more.

Then make sure you insert them deep enough into you ear canal to get that proper seal. Makes a lot of difference to the sound.

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #605 of 1,196
looking forward to your thoughts. 

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #607 of 1,196
i bought it but returned it due to the sibilance, went for the 30 since that is meant to be fixed (edit: yes ites definitely fixed, hurrah)

Does it really have sibilance issues? I haven't heard it but I do own the XBA-4 and never have heard any sibilance not even that metallic treble, my old sony mdr ex-310lp had a little bit of sibilance though. Maybe my ears are mess up.

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #609 of 1,196
Guys, I finally bought a E11 and all I can say is...is what I'm hearing real?

I'm glad you like it! Notice the smoothness in the highs when paired with the XBAs?

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #610 of 1,196
Quick update. I'm really enjoying these. Compared to my previous IEMs (MDR EX300) the difference is night and day. My whole collection has a new found clarity and richness, like they're in a higher pecision format. I'm noticing parts in songs I haven't noticed before. It's really effortless as well, very clean and precise, a real joy to listen to.

Apr 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #611 of 1,196
I have the XBA 3i, don't notice this sibilance/metallic sound, do find the bass could be better (but I have problems getting a good seal on most iem's, especially my left ear). Now, maybe this is a hearing issue...I am nearing 60, and high frequencies are supposed to be gone by now. In fact, I generally find percussion like high hats/ride cymbals hard to hear though most headphones (though not through my big rig stereo or live). My most recent purchase, the ATH 900x, is great in that way (maybe others will also find it to bright or harsh). All in the ear of the beholder/listener...

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #612 of 1,196
DO NOT! Spend extra money on the XBA30, it's basically the same thing as XBA3, if anything latter be better. It will be shameful to do so considering the circumstances. 

Let me break it down.

The XBA30 has two differences,

1. The cable is more efficient, thus lower impedance, by a very slight margin. 
2. It's damping material on the nozzle is thicker

1 is insignificant, the improvement of the cable is 0.30 ohms, not even 1..., if anything people find the XBA3 to sound best with a bit of impedance added. 
2 Is the reason why the XBA30 has less of a metallic tinge and a tiny bit more bass decay. That metallic tinge is exactly because of it's 4k spike, Sony just used a thicker material on the nozzle to damp, that's it. Thus you can simply buy a XBA3 and damp it more with foam or a custom cloth solution and match it...

reference, XBA30 analysis

XBA3 is way better than XBA4, still applies for XBA30 to XBA40. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #615 of 1,196

Users who are viewing this thread

Back