XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Mar 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #571 of 1,196
Mar 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #574 of 1,196
Quote:
The treble on the xba-3 smooths out with 24hr of burn in.

Yeah but... they are fairly dependent on the source (regardless of burn in), no?

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #575 of 1,196
No it sound gets betters with more burn-in and aslo the filter mod with auvio tips make the special in my book. I'm also really enjoy the jvc fxd60 very much they are freaking transparent and airy with a very nice texture sub bass , I wouldn't call the bass big or bloated but that sub bass is enough ro enjoy all my tunes, mids are foward but not as natural as the bass edition. Soundstage is the thing I'm really loving about the, to me much better then the fxd80 :). But this is all because it has 100hrs on them but I really think they'll change a lot by the 500 mark.

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #576 of 1,196
Quote:

Yeah but... they are fairly dependent on the source (regardless of burn in), no?

Your thinking of the 40's. The 30's aren't as source dependent and will sound good on most players.
The 40's are very dependent, and benefit from a portable amp, such as the Fios E11, with some players and phones.

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #577 of 1,196
Quote:
Your thinking of the 40's. The 30's aren't as source dependent and will sound good on most players.
The 40's are very dependent, and benefit from a portable amp, such as the Fios E11, with some players and phones.

Mochill was discussing the xba3's (which I previously had). The xba3's have a 12 ohm impedance, but I think that the 30's have a higher impedance and are therefore less sensitive to source than the 3's were. The 40's still have a low 8 ohm impedance though (I think), so yes, they are still quite sensitive (but would work very well with my E11 if anyone wants to give me a pair lol!).

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #578 of 1,196
Quote:

Mochill was discussing the xba3's (which I previously had). The xba3's have a 12 ohm impedance, but I think that the 30's have a higher impedance and are therefore less sensitive to source than the 3's were. The 40's still have a low 8 ohm impedance though (I think), so yes, they are still quite sensitive (but would work very well with my E11 if anyone wants to give me a pair lol!).

My bad, sorry to jump in on the conversation. Yes, the xba3's are source dependent to an extent. The 3's do sound good though.

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #579 of 1,196
Quote:
My bad, sorry to jump in on the conversation. Yes, the xba3's are source dependent to an extent. The 3's do sound good though.

Indeed they do... I kinda miss those buggers!

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #580 of 1,196
Quote:

Both the 3s and the 30s maintain the 12ohm impedance. the 40s stick to the 8ohm impedance such as the 4s do. I never really thought the 3/30s were source dependent given the 12 ohms. They sounded great no matter what DAP I used.To each ears their own I guess :).

Also, I was always under the notion that BAs don't need burn in...

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #581 of 1,196
No it sound gets betters with more burn-in and aslo the filter mod with auvio tips make the special in my book.

Sorry to ask, but can you please elaborate on how to do the filter mod for the XBA3? What changes occur? I kinda missed out on this...

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #583 of 1,196
Filter mod causes the sound to tighten up quiet abit the midbass become very well controlled the metallic treble that people talk about isn't there anymore and what is there is a very extended treble that has beautiful sparkle to them, mids become very air and beautifully textured, the subbass come out abits and provide great balance with the mids, they are tight fast and deep never boomy. The whole soundstage become transperant and air like everything is just flowing through the room and all around you. :)
Happy listening.

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #584 of 1,196
Quote:
Filter mod causes the sound to tighten up quiet abit the midbass become very well controlled the metallic treble that people talk about isn't there anymore and what is there is a very extended treble that has beautiful sparkle to them, mids become very air and beautifully textured, the subbass come out abits and provide great balance with the mids, they are tight fast and deep never boomy. The whole soundstage become transperant and air like everything is just flowing through the room and all around you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Happy listening.

I think what d marc0 asked was how to do the filter mod/what exactly it is. I am also interested because I will be purchasing the XBA-30 once they are released in North America. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back