XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Mar 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #556 of 1,196
how do you order through Tenso?

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #558 of 1,196
Quote:
Price on XBA-30 has reached a new low if purchased directly from Amazon.jp: ¥ 12,544 (approximately $135 USD). Tenso service/shipping fees usually are about $20.

Not currently in stock, but it seems the past few times they've ran out they've had it back in stock much earlier than the 1-2 months they estimate. It's usually in small quantities, however.

You made me pull the trigger man, it is all your fault 
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #560 of 1,196
I have to say I'm really disappointed with the Bass on the XBA3, I was expecting to be blown away after how well my XB41's were. There is hardly any bass at all, even with my Digizoid Z2o amp its rubbish compared to the MDR-XB41, it sounds flat, the XB41's go really really deep and loud. But the sound quality on the XBA 3 is outstanding, the sound stage is great, the treble is much better, but why is the bass so low and flat? 

Forgot to mention I'm using this with my NWZ-Z1050, Clear bass on Max.

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #561 of 1,196
Quote:
I have to say I'm really disappointed with the Bass on the XBA3, I was expecting to be blown away after how well my XB41's were. There is hardly any bass at all, even with my Digizoid Z2o amp its rubbish compared to the MDR-XB41, it sounds flat, the XB41's go really really deep and loud. But the sound quality on the XBA 3 is outstanding, the sound stage is great, the treble is much better, but why is the bass so low and flat? 

Forgot to mention I'm using this with my NWZ-Z1050, Clear bass on Max.

Sounds like the Sony MDR-XB90EX should be more up your alley. Either that or perhaps there's a seal issue going on (but since you say the SQ is outstanding, this is doubtful).

In my experience, none of the balanced armature-based IEMs I've tried have done bass as well as a good dynamic driver.

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #563 of 1,196
Quote:
You made me pull the trigger man, it is all your fault 
biggrin.gif

Well, Amazon decided to raise the price back all the way up to ¥ 16,030 so if you don't cancel your order you will have saved at least $30 unless you buy from a third party merchant (which doesn't seem to have the silver in stock either). Either way, sorry for your wallet.
redface.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #564 of 1,196
Ye I just saw the Amazon price 
size]
. I have ordered it for 12500, but it is still on hold waiting to get in stock. Well i'll have to wait :)

Mar 19, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #565 of 1,196
Hi Guys, So I got my XBA-3IPs yesterday as an upgrade from MDR ex300s. Generally the sound is lovely, but I'm finding that the treble is way too bright on certain frequencies, it's almost painful. I'm not sure what the issue is, whether it's just my ears or there's an issue with the tweeter BA (unlikely?). I'm using an iphone 5 for output, so nothing high-end, I've also tried in an ipad and it's the same. Any ideas? Could it just be these IEMs are not suited to my ears?

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #566 of 1,196
Quote:
Hi Guys, So I got my XBA-3IPs yesterday. Generally the sound is lovely, but I'm finding that the treble is way too bright on certain frequencies, it's almost painful. I'm not sure what the issue is, whether it's just my ears or there's an issue with the tweeter BA (unlikely?). I'm using an iphone 5 for output, so nothing high-end but I've also tried in an ipad and it's the same. Any ideas? Could it just be these IEMs are not suited to my ears?

yes, the XBA1/2/3/4 have this problem.
They solved it on the upgraded models XBA10/20/30/40.

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #570 of 1,196
Quote:
gonna return them and go for the 30, have just read http://www.head-fi.org/t/608447/sony-xba-series-review-and-comparison-xba-1-2-3-4/45 and it confirms what I am hearing and its really not agreeing with me, rather than try to fix I will return them whilst i can.

that's a good move also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back