XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Dec 14, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #331 of 1,196
Quote:
Looks like XBA-3s are getting overlooked again, now that the leader of this hype train is moving onto JVC HA-FXZ 100/200s. 
tongue_smile.gif

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Yup. We'll have to hold the fort lol!

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #332 of 1,196
Quote:
Looks like XBA-3s are getting overlooked again, now that the leader of this hype train is moving onto JVC HA-FXZ 100/200s. 
tongue_smile.gif

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Hey I ain't throwing my XBA-3 to the wolves. I still have them and use them..The XBA-3 will always be a part of the collection. There is not a force on this planet that can make me get rid of my XBA-3s.

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #333 of 1,196
Quote:

Hey I ain't throwing my XBA-3 to the wolves. I still have them and use them..The XBA-3 will always be a part of the collection. There is not a force on this planet that can make me get rid of my XBA-3s.

Good to hear! The fact that I love my xba3's so much is the only reason I can resist getting caught up in the fxz-bullet-train (for now lol!)

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #334 of 1,196
Quote:

Well, it's just a bit disappointing after reading this post of yours and all of the other hype-filled impressions you gave on the HA-FXZ IEMs.

After how much praise you and others have given to XBA-3, to know that there's 2 brand new IEMs that does everything the XBA-3 can do but much better kinda sucks. I just hope at $130 ($140 with tax), XBA-3s will be a good deal and hold me over until I have enough money for the upgrade to the JVCs. Maybe within another year, the JVCs will be available in the U.S. at a discount. Who knows...

Anyway, I was successful in getting the Groupon order to go through. It's being shipped to me now. I hope they'll be an upgrade to my TF10s.

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #335 of 1,196
Hey no worries man. The XBA-3 like I mentioned before is one of my all time favorites. The fact that a ground breaking new earphones just came out from JVC don't take away what these XBA-3s are.

I used these on the way home tonight listening to Soundgardens new album. I am a fan of many sounds. The XBA-3 are one of my all time favorites.. There is nothing wrong with enjoying a new sound.  But just be clear I enjoy my XBA-3 as much as anything including my new JVCs..I keep earphones I enjoy. I don't get rid of stuff for another sound. Not my style. I still enjoy my MP8320. Those are $7.11 wonders.

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #336 of 1,196
Rats! Looks like I missed the Groupon $130 train by only a few days! Was thinking of picking these up after being disappointed with the GR07. Hesitant to eBay it in case I'm disappointed again, nothing beats hassle-free (and free) returns!

On the bright side the MH1Cs I just got sound pretty good (sounds slightly harsh/fatiguing and has a bit of trouble keeping many instruments separated, but it's damn good for $35 shipped!)!

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #337 of 1,196
Sony XBA-3 are on sale here for $114.95 + $3.99 Shipping.

http://www.midnightbox.com/#back

Deal #3

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #339 of 1,196
Just a headsup guys. Be careful ordering from Mightnightbox. There are a lot of horror stories about them both on Resellerratings and Slickdeals. People have reported they sell opened / used items all the time:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/MidnightBox

Then again, Groupon has horror stories too. People say they either never get their items or they take forever to arrive:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Groupon

Even though Groupon created a shipping slip for me with UPS, it still hasn't shipped. I really hope I don't get screwed. Sucks that the only places with deals on XBA-3s are shadey, risky resellers...

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #340 of 1,196
If you guys are willing to try out Tenso forwarding service. How I got my FXZ earphones. I noticed on Amazon japan. The XBA-3s sell for around $100.. With handling and shipping that don't equate to much. Around $115 or so. One warning though. Once you start browsing the Japanese version of Amazon. The prices are so awesome you will end up probably buying more than you first thought you would..

A deal I saw on there that is awesome is the XBA-40 was going for $200 or so.

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #341 of 1,196
Quote:
If you guys are willing to try out Tenso forwarding service. How I got my FXZ earphones. I noticed on Amazon japan. The XBA-3s sell for around $100.. With handling and shipping that don't equate to much. Around $115 or so. One warning though. Once you start browsing the Japanese version of Amazon. The prices are so awesome you will end up probably buying more than you first thought you would..

Yeah, I read about Tenso in your FXZ thread. Wish I knew about it before I placed the order through Groupon. 
confused_face.gif

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #342 of 1,196
Quote:
Just a headsup guys. Be careful ordering from Mightnightbox. There are a lot of horror stories about them both on Resellerratings and Slickdeals. People have reported they sell opened / used items all the time:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/MidnightBox

Then again, Groupon has horror stories too. People say they either never get their items or they take forever to arrive:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Groupon

Even though Groupon created a shipping slip for me with UPS, it still hasn't shipped. I really hope I don't get screwed. Sucks that the only places with deals on XBA-3s are shadey, risky resellers...

Ah, dang! They claim it's new and in retail packaging, so I'll be sure to look for any obvious signs that it's used or opened. It would be really disappointing if the seal was broken or there were fingerprints on the IEMs, etc. But I suppose I could live with it if everything worked properly (and after a thorough rubbing alcohol clean!). Hopefully I get the XBA-3s from Midnightbox within the next week, else I'll have to wait almost a month to pick them up (flying back home for the holidays... dang, maybe I should've just shipped them to my home address).

This also got me wondering... there's not much chance of any XBA-3 fakes are there? I remember there was a problem with that for Monster Turbines.

Quote:

Interesting! I heard of a similar service (Taobao?) for China, when I was into mechanical keyboards and that was the only way to get certain boards or keycaps. Returns would be pretty bad, though.

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #343 of 1,196
Can I ask if any of you are hearing the impedance change when you amp the xba-3?  I liked the sound on the 5ohm ipod, but with my 32ohm amp it caused the known issue with impedance making a treble spike.  Do you prefer the treble boosted sound or do you stick with a low impedance source?  Just curious...  I thought about keeping them as an ipod only set, but decided against it at the price...

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #344 of 1,196
It all depends on the source but you are right some sources seem to bring out brightness to the XBA-3. I have no such issues with my Z1060 my portable of choice. It has one of the best synergies with my player.

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #345 of 1,196
Quote:

Well, it's just a bit disappointing after reading this post of yours and all of the other hype-filled impressions you gave on the HA-FXZ IEMs.

After how much praise you and others have given to XBA-3, to know that there's 2 brand new IEMs that does everything the XBA-3 can do but much better kinda sucks. I just hope at $130 ($140 with tax), XBA-3s will be a good deal and hold me over until I have enough money for the upgrade to the JVCs. Maybe within another year, the JVCs will be available in the U.S. at a discount. Who knows...

Anyway, I was successful in getting the Groupon order to go through. It's being shipped to me now. I hope they'll be an upgrade to my TF10s.

I have a couple of things to say Click...

1) If you continue to follow dsnuts and gang, get used to it! I bought three pairs of dsnuts+gang-induced iem's (r1's, mh1c's, fxd70's) within a month or two and I didn't even really want any iem's! I then somehow got dsnuts-hyped into getting the xba3's a few weeks later (when they came on sale again). Insanity! The good thing is that they are all good to various degrees, and none of them were that expensive, so I don't regret any of them. But, it probably doesn't hurt to exert some perspective and self-control if at all possible (like I am doing now with the fxz200's lol!) when dealing with dsnuts-mania. Otherwise you will go broke!
wink.gif

2)  The xba3's are awesome (with proper source and tips). In spite of the massive amount of fxz-hype currently being festooned about, I truly do not feel in any hurry to jump on that train, because I like the xba3's that much. So yes, I'm pretty sure that they will hold you over. And even if you do get the fxz's down the road, you will still find a lot of use for the xba3's (like using them at the gym so that you can actually fit through the door while wearing them - not like with the fxz200's lol!).

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back