XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Aug 26, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #1,157 of 1,196
I currently still own and love my xba-3s and their sound sig, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for something similar in sound sig (other than another xba-3 haha) or that improves on it? just looking for a back up

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #1,162 of 1,196
  That's my next upgrade too...
I'm thinking jh16...

I have upgraded to 1964 ears V6 custom, but the jh16 is on the bassy side of things just like the xba-3. Now, everything seems more balanced 
beerchug.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #1,163 of 1,196
Does anyone know if it's possible to get replacement noise reduction tips (the one w/the foam ring underneath) for these XBA-3s? I've been using mine for years now and the foam has gotten too flattened out so won't stay under the silicone tip easily anymore. But Sony doesn't seem to sell these particular tips separately anywhere, or at least I haven't been able to find it yet. All I see are replacement hybrid tips which I'm not as fond of. I don't understand why Sony would include these noise reduc tips and not provide replacements for them.

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #1,164 of 1,196
  Does anyone know if it's possible to get replacement noise reduction tips (the one w/the foam ring underneath) for these XBA-3s? I've been using mine for years now and the foam has gotten too flattened out so won't stay under the silicone tip easily anymore. But Sony doesn't seem to sell these particular tips separately anywhere, or at least I haven't been able to find it yet. All I see are replacement hybrid tips which I'm not as fond of. I don't understand why Sony would include these noise reduc tips and not provide replacements for them.

You can try comply tips. They provide very good seal, and it is what I am using on the XBA-3.

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #1,165 of 1,196
Was about to snap up xba-3 for 150$ last year but dealer was unreliable so got gr07.

Also the impedance is very low at 12 so will not be driven well by many sources.

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #1,166 of 1,196
Was about to snap up xba-3 for 150$ last year but dealer was unreliable so got gr07.

Also the impedance is very low at 12 so will not be driven well by many sources.

I got both gr07 and xba-3. Can definitely sell you my xba-3 which looks brand new for $150 USD PM if you are interested. I got a custom balanced armature recently. Yeah, a clean source is needed for xba3. In terms of details, xba3 > gr07. But treble and dynamics gr07>xba3.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #1,167 of 1,196
nope,just ordered havi b3 and lack of adequate bass would be a problem to me.

thanks for the offer anyways

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #1,168 of 1,196
The shrillness of these IEMs have gone for me now. They sound much cleaner and details sounds better unamped straight out of Ipod touch 5G. At 6 bar volume I get the best sound at comfortable volume. Haven't experuenced this with the new Hybrid (xba-h) series which sound muddy compared to XBA3

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #1,169 of 1,196
i got a pair of XBA3's on the $100 sale a coupla years ago but have hardly used it cos i found the treble though extended, to be also "metallic'kie". was using it out of clip+/samsung note/sony daps unamped with 320mp3s. decided to treat myself to a hidizs ap100 player last mth & finally brought the XBA3 out of retirement. still has a tinge of the high end metallics with mp3s. finally got a 64gb microsd to work on the hidizs & tried it out with some flacs. 

im pleased to say that the metallic glare is gone & what remains is sounding darn good. very extended top&bottom, good intimate mids & more than decent headstage. ive always had a good fit with the XBA3s on silicon tips so isolation is very good as well. though not as resolving nor transparent as my T1/HD800 on a Dynahi, the XBA3 right out of the hidizs is a smite warmer with punchier bass & comes close enough that i dont feel im missing out.

just wanna say that these XBA3 do scale with better ancillaries. right now, im stoked to finally hear the potential of these Sonys.

FWIW, i returned a set of Senn IE80s that i got at an amazing deal on one of Amazon lightning buys....cos these Sonys are bettar!! 
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #1,170 of 1,196
  I currently still own and love my xba-3s and their sound sig, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for something similar in sound sig (other than another xba-3 haha) or that improves on it? just looking for a back up

just ordered a set of Phonak Audeo PFE232s at Earphone Solutions 60% off coupon sale. Lets see if the Phonaks are bettar than the XBAs of a Hidizs player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back