XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Nov 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #107 of 1,196
Quote:
Sort of noobish question but how do you store these? I have a really bad track record with audio cables and these are my first high end 'phones. Pics would be awesome :).

I use the 3 finger wrap method shown here.

And then take the contents off your three fingers and then gently place in case. like so.

Nov 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #108 of 1,196
Quote:
Why don't you guys wait until I've got a pair and done a comparison? I don't want you to buy them and be disappointed.

That sounds like a plan. Just curious.. when do you expect to be able to do that comparison?

My problem is that I just received the xba3's a few days ago, and I am quickly getting addicted to them, so I'm not sure I can hold out for the fxz1/200's. I know I know, I could keep both - but that's insanity for me lol! I know I know, I could sell the xba3's later if I wanted to. I know I know, I'm talking to myself now LOL!

Nov 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #109 of 1,196
thanks! i'm reading through the thread but am only half way through. what are the best tips to use for listening? for some odd reason the smallest of the hybrid ones fit best (have almost always been a medium or small)

Nov 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #110 of 1,196
The XBA-3 and XBA-4 sounds more or less similar. Unless you are an audiophile, can't find any differences. However, some people here prefer the XBA-3 over XBA-4. You can find a quick comparison at GoldenEar-En between these two.

Nov 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #111 of 1,196
Quote:

That sounds like a plan. Just curious.. when do you expect to be able to do that comparison?

My problem is that I just received the xba3's a few days ago, and I am quickly getting addicted to them, so I'm not sure I can hold out for the fxz1/200's. I know I know, I could keep both - but that's insanity for me lol! I know I know, I could sell the xba3's later if I wanted to. I know I know, I'm talking to myself now LOL!

There is no force on this planet that can pry my XBA-3s from me. I think even with some new stuff coming out. I doubt I will shovel my XBA-3s aside..For me I already know these will have a permanent place in my collection. JVCs are due out end of this month I believe.

Quote:
thanks! i'm reading through the thread but am only half way through. what are the best tips to use for listening? for some odd reason the smallest of the hybrid ones fit best (have almost always been a medium or small)

Sony Hybrids are not optimal for these. Normally I would swear by hybrids or the stock tips that come with these earphones but to really open up the sound you need a tip with a wider opening vs your hybrids.

I use the tip on the top. Those belong on my JVC FX40. while they fit loose and sometimes come out in my ears. The sound for me is amazing with almost double the opening. Opens up the sound. The tip on the bottom is the hybrids. After experimenting with about 10 different tips. JVC tips has the best sound for me.

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #112 of 1,196
Quote:

There is no force on this planet that can pry my XBA-3s from me. I think even with some new stuff coming out. I doubt I will shovel my XBA-3s aside..

Thank you for your ongoing xba3 devotion lol! I am appreciating them in the same way.

Quote:
For me I already know these will have a permanent place in my collection. JVCs are due out end of this month I believe.  

I have come to accept that the more time I spend with you, the more I become like you. I was going to say "I will never have a collection of iem's". But the first step (or at least one of the steps) is accepting my powerlessness. I might as well stop fighting and just accept that yes, I will have a collection of iem's LOL.

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #113 of 1,196
Quote:
I use the tip on the top. Those belong on my JVC FX40. while they fit loose and sometimes come out in my ears. The sound for me is amazing with almost double the opening. Opens up the sound. The tip on the bottom is the hybrids. After experimenting with about 10 different tips. JVC tips has the best sound for me.

My, you're a helpful chap aren't you.. posting helpful pictures and the such! Do you still have your R1's? I'm using the R1 double-flanged tips on the xba3, but am curious how you feel they compare to the fx40 tips (which I don't have). Thanks.

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #114 of 1,196
I sold my R1s. Unfortunately those got the boot. The MH1cs are so superior in sound over them I knew I wasn't gonna use them so I got rid of them. I did however try my Meelec double flange tips which are very similar to the R1 tips. I didn't like them as much. For me the tip has to be somewhat short to the nozzle while having a wide an opening as possible. Longer tips like double flange tips don't sound right to my ears..I know everyone's ears are different so what works for me might not work for others. It will come down to what sounds good for you but for the most part it is a shame that these XBA-3 has some of the most brilliant sounds for iems yet they throw in a old tip design that don't fully maximize the sound capabilities of the phones..Gotta stick with traditional Sony Hybrids I suppose but to heck with that. My FX40 tips gives me that out of head experience so much better than stock tips. After getting used to the sound with my FX40 tips I went back to the Hybrids and after one tune went right back off. I can clearly tell they are restricting some dynamics.

Nov 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #115 of 1,196
You know, I love the fxd70's, and I even like the r1's, but it's really not any fair abc'ing with the xba3's. Just not fair.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #116 of 1,196
why am i STILL subscribed to you?
wink_face.gif
etysmile.gif

I would def snatch it for that price. I just dont find any deals around here or am I missing something?
Quote:
Sorry man. I just tell it like I hear it. These XBA-3s on sale should be snapped up. I know exactly how Waynenumm is hearing his XBA-3. I went through the same thing. It is just enjoyable X10. Lol.

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #120 of 1,196
Quote:
Listening to Metallica just my S545 and XBA-3s now. So much joy.!

Cool. I installed "Digitally Imported" onto my SGS2 and have been streaming their many electronica type stations (at 256k MP3) into my head via the xba3's. Rather addictive
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back