X1 Custom Firmwares
Jun 11, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #166 of 207
OK, had a few requests for this.

Like others I initially had problems repacking the firmware - after trawling all the firmware directories and comparing previous firmware I noticed that 2.0 had a few differences.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byw4RxKLExycWXNUX1FTZ1dVakE/view?usp=sharing

It needs un'rar'ing and renaming to x1.fw. I've tested this and it looks OK. Because of the issues I had I have loaded multiple versions of themes:

Theme1: The original TCD1975 theme in shiny new 2.0 format
Theme2: chupacabra theme in 2.0
Theme3: a mix of Theme1 and Theme2

The reason for the mix version was that there are new options and icons - the mix is mainly Theme1 with the icon sents used from Theme2 where gaps exist, Theme1 has a bit of a mixed economy (saying that I've played around on my X1 and I don't think it's noticeable.

Enjoy, let me know what you think and if you have any issues, will help where I can.

Jun 11, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #167 of 207
  OK, had a few requests for this.

Like others I initially had problems repacking the firmware - after trawling all the firmware directories and comparing previous firmware I noticed that 2.0 had a few differences.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byw4RxKLExycWXNUX1FTZ1dVakE/view?usp=sharing

It needs un'rar'ing and renaming to x1.fw. I've tested this and it looks OK. Because of the issues I had I have loaded multiple versions of themes:

Theme1: The original TCD1975 theme in shiny new 2.0 format
Theme2: chupacabra theme in 2.0
Theme3: a mix of Theme1 and Theme2

The reason for the mix version was that there are new options and icons - the mix is mainly Theme1 with the icon sents used from Theme2 where gaps exist, Theme1 has a bit of a mixed economy (saying that I've played around on my X1 and I don't think it's noticeable.

Enjoy, let me know what you think and if you have any issues, will help where I can.

I noticed the changes too, I tried to create new icons based on the existing ones but i concluded i'm clearly no artist lol.

You are a god! Thank you so much for this! 
beerchug.gif
 trying right now!

EDIT: It's really well made. The only problem i found was the same problem i found when i tried to do mine. In the 2.0 they added a new playback mode. That originated a new option on the quick menu bar on the "Now playing" screen, which means the background of the quick menu bar has to be extended. It affects both theme 1 and 3. The theme 2 (chupacabra's) has that bar well made 
wink.gif
 some pictures:

This is for theme 1 and 3, notice the delete icon so lonely 
tongue.gif

Perfectly done in theme 2.

Since you have a corrected bar on theme 2, this is an easy fix.
Other than that, really really well done. I love it 
biggrin.gif
 thank you so much once again!

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #168 of 207

I noticed the changes too, I tried to create new icons based on the existing ones but i concluded i'm clearly no artist lol.

You are a god! Thank you so much for this! 
beerchug.gif
 trying right now!

EDIT: It's really well made. The only problem i found was the same problem i found when i tried to do mine. In the 2.0 they added a new playback mode. That originated a new option on the quick menu bar on the "Now playing" screen, which means the background of the quick menu bar has to be extended. It affects both theme 1 and 3. The theme 2 (chupacabra's) has that bar well made 
wink.gif
 some pictures:

This is for theme 1 and 3, notice the delete icon so lonely 
tongue.gif

Perfectly done in theme 2.

Since you have a corected bar on theme 2, this is an easy fix.
Other than that, really really well done. I love it 
biggrin.gif
 thank you so much once again!

Hey pedronet - as they say "a picture paints a thousand words" - I missed this and wasn't sure what you meant previously!
rolleyes.gif

have done a quick patch and updated firmware available ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byw4RxKLExycalNjWmV1WkFaWVk/view?usp=sharing

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #169 of 207

Hey pedronet - as they say "a picture paints a thousand words" - I missed this and wasn't sure what you meant previously!
rolleyes.gif

have done a quick patch and updated firmware available ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byw4RxKLExycalNjWmV1WkFaWVk/view?usp=sharing

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

That was fast 
eek.gif
 awesome job

Thanks a lot, i really appreciate it 
beerchug.gif

Jun 12, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #174 of 207

RETRO MUSIC JAM V1.0

Download Link

NOTE: Please post your feedback for further improvements.

Just tried it and i can't really point nothing wrong with it lol

I prefer the default font. The custom one is too much for me.

I can read every information clearly. Text color is not a problem.

The icons are amazing 
biggrin.gif
 and the thing i love the most is the top bar! So tidy and organized. Really well done. I would suggest a color coded battery meter but i see it doesn't fit with the design of the top bar. Can't complain though, the battery meter is perceptible, i'm not struggling to count the bars.

The logo on the main screen is beautiful :D have you thought about making a boot animation with it?

Astonishing job 
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #175 of 207
Jun 13, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #176 of 207
 Can't complain though, the battery meter is perceptible, i'm struggling to count the bars.

It is all same with the rest of the icon on topbar. you can increase the brightness a little bit to make it more visible. But, I will also try to fix that out
wink.gif
 The logo on the main screen is beautiful :D have you thought about making a boot animation with it?

Yes, I'm working with it. But it will be late( too much work load
biggrin.gif
). Also, I will make some changes in the future version(as soon as I get some leave
cool.gif
).
  Is this version 1.0 or 2.0 of the firmware?

Yes. Fw version is 2.0. Only theme version is 1.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back