X1 Custom Firmwares
Jan 6, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #196 of 207
  Maybe you can send me more detailed info(links +) also pics should be sent as attatchment(as opposed to embedded) also I need a "unpacker"

I couldn't place the images as an attachment because the editor doesn't allow me but if you click on them, you can see them in full resolution.

Just a friendly disclaimer to do this with caution, this procedure is safe but if you don't do it correctly, the firmware could fail to boot.
In any case, it won't do any harm to your X1 as you can always revert it to the stable original firmware but i won't be responsible if that happens.

=======

If you already read the tutorial i posted before about packing and unpacking firmware, you know that basically the firmware is a bunch of folders and files compressed into a single file.

-Get the Firmware tools from the link i sent you and unpack the firmware. You will also need to have a copy of the latest firmware (here).

The firmware tools come with two important files:
  • pack.bat
  • unpack.bat
These are scripts that configure the application to pack and unpack any FiiO player.

-Open the unpack.bat with a text editor (do not double click it!! right click on it and open with notepad or something similar) and make sure it has the following:

Code:
 packtools --unpack -i x1.fw -o x1

-Place the firmware file in the same folders as the tools and make sure that file is named "x1.fw".

-Execute the unpack script (double click it) and it should create a folder named x1.
The contents of that folder would be what i told you before:

-The str folder is the one that contains the language stuff, so open that folder and you should find several languages, each one with an individual folder:

-Now you have to choose one language to be replaced by your new language. My suggestion is to copy the english folder and rename that copy to the name of the language you chose so it's easier to translate.
For example, if you choose the russian language, delete that folder, copy the english folder and rename it to "russian". The folder must match on one of the names that are already there.

-Inside the russian folder (following the example) will be several files. Each one of them represent a menu:

-Open those files with a text editor and start translating. For each file, you will have several fields with the corresponding text.
For example, the play_settings menu:

The text marked in blue are the xml nodes (between <>), those identify the field. The text in black (the node element) are the ones that you have to change.

-After all files are translated, make sure you edit the file sys_set.xml in all other language folders, including your own. This is to make sure that, when you're in the menu that changes the language, you'll be able to see the name of your new language correctly.
For example:

As you can see in the highlighted text, i chose the russian language folder before to be replaced by portuguese. That way, i have to change the sys_set.xml file in every language folder so instead of the Russian option i can see the Portuguese one.

-After this is all done, you'll have to pack the firmware back into one file. Open the pack.bat file with a text editor (do not double click on it!!) and make sure it has the following:
Code:
 packtools --pack -i x1 -o x1.fw -m x1
This is important because the -m flag indicates the model, otherwise it will fail to flash.

-Delete the previous x1.fw file you had and execute the pack script (double click it)
The x1.fw file has now the contents of the folder you have changed,

-Flash the file into your x1 and you should be ready to go.
To flash the file, you need to put the x1.fw file into the root of your sd card.
With the player turned off, hold the the button to the upper left of the scroll wheel and the power button together.  The firmware upgrade dialog will appear and you can let go of the buttons, wait for it to finish.

Good luck 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #198 of 207
  Thaks Alot was of much help also how do I add Hebrew language Support(to read hebrew letters on songs etc.) 

I'm not sure if i'm completely correct on this one but i think it's not doable.

Character encoding files are binaries in the unicode folder. Since they're binaries, they're compiled files that you cannot interpret. Since they're also OS dependent, you can't really create one without knowing the structure that the FiiO X1 OS uses.

I think it's a no go unfortunately.

Hebrew characters appear to you as little squares or something?

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #201 of 207

Fiio X1 Theme

By TCD1975

Comes in 6 color variations:​

Anybody with required skills can update this theme to more newer firmwire such as FW 1.6 ?

Hey, @totalfusion already changed it to the FW 2.0 
smily_headphones1.gif
 in this post.
Or here's the direct link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byw4RxKLExycalNjWmV1WkFaWVk/view?usp=sharing

Some notes by @totalfusion though (as the theme has some variations):
Theme1: The original TCD1975 theme in shiny new 2.0 format Theme2: chupacabra theme in 2.0
Theme3: a mix of Theme1 and Theme2

The reason for the mix version was that there are new options and icons - the mix is mainly Theme1 with the icon sents used from Theme2 where gaps exist, Theme1 has a bit of a mixed economy (saying that I've played around on my X1 and I don't think it's noticeable.

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #202 of 207

Hey, @totalfusion already changed it to the FW 2.0 
smily_headphones1.gif
 in this post.
Or here's the direct link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byw4RxKLExycalNjWmV1WkFaWVk/view?usp=sharing

Some notes by @totalfusion though (as the theme has some variations):

Thank You for the link - Downloaded and installed on my X1

But,

Theme 1 to 3 is the original / identical  (Not the Theme 2 fully) but the Theme 4 to 6 is the Fiio's Default theme....Right ? Or my X1 behaving the exceptional ?

Can you confirm ? 

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #203 of 207

Thank You for the link - Downloaded and installed on my X1

But,

Theme 1 to 3 is the original / identical  (Not the Theme 2 fully) but the Theme 4 to 6 is the Fiio's Default theme....Right ? Or my X1 behaving the exceptional ?

Can you confirm ? 

Yes, theme 1 is the original, theme 2 is chupacabra's, theme 3 is a mix and theme 4 to 6 are untouched (which translates in the FiiO's default theme). Your X1 is fine 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back