WyWires Red Headphone Cable
May 22, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #122 of 198
Got my WyWires Red cable for my AKG 702s and just, DAMN. Ain't even broke in yet and It sounds soon dynamic!

May 22, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #123 of 198
  Got my WyWires Red cable for my AKG 702s and just, DAMN. Ain't even broke in yet and It sounds soon dynamic!

Congratulations, claud W! Alex knows his stuff! The Red Series is so wonderful it's hard to imagine the Platinum being even better. I think one of these days I'll go to the Cable Company and audition the Platinum, compare it to the Red. What a treat that's going to be. 

May 23, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #124 of 198

Breaking in my Wywires Red. Alex says 100 hours. Playing EDM and Trance 24/7.

May 31, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #125 of 198
Listening to Pete Belasco. It just sounds so Smooth like sex!!

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #126 of 198
Well, Audio Addict, you have had that cable a while. How does it sound????????

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #127 of 198

Too busy listening to comment.  No, I really feel it is a step up the ladder from the RED.  I do have to send mine back to Alex as I had him use Eidolic EMX-4R.  They have been a pain in the a**.

Eidolic-mini-xlr-4-pin-rhodium-E-R4PM-banner.png

One of the connectors just does work right as when you push the black button, it doesn't disengage.  I have to unscrew the barrel and then can get it to disengage.  Would not recommend them.  Just to be clear, this wasn't Alex's recommendation, he did it specifically at my request.

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #128 of 198

I can comment on this question, as a beta tester of the Platinum cable for my LCD-X (thanks, Alex).  The Platinum cable does need a break-in period.  Alex recommended >100 hours.  Over time, I've now got around 90 hours on it, the sound of my X has improved greatly - surpassing the SQ from my Red that are fully broken-in.  Specifically - deeper low bass, wider midrange/midbass stage, and really clear highs.  My last post to Alex said that the midrange of the X is now approaching my HD800, and that's no small feat.  Each time I hook up that rig the SQ is better, so the cable is still breaking in.  

Hope this helps -
RCB

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #129 of 198
I know there is a huge price difference, but has anyone managed to compared the Wywires red to the Heimdall 2?

Jun 20, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #131 of 198
Hi there,

im a newbie, so sorry about this stupid question, but do you know if I can connect the WyWires Red 3,5 mm balanced cable into the normal 3,5mm input of my macbook or iPone? And if not, where can I buy an adapter?

Thanks in advance,
N.

Jun 20, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #132 of 198
  Hi there,

im a newbie, so sorry about this stupid question, but do you know if I can connect the WyWires Red 3,5 mm balanced cable into the normal 3,5mm input of my macbook or iPone? And if not, where can I buy an adapter?

Thanks in advance,
N.

Hi. If your Red cable has a 3.5 mm jack, it is not balanced. Should work fine with your computer or phone.

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #133 of 198
Hi. If your Red cable has a 3.5 mm jack, it is not balanced. Should work fine with your computer or phone.

Hi, why would a 3,5 mm jack not be possible in a TRRS option? It is possible in 2,5 mm for Onkyo DPX1.
I will buy the new Cowon Plenue S, which needs a 3.5 mm jack for balanced output, so I really hope that it's possible to order such a cable from WyWires. (?)

Jun 20, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #134 of 198
Hi, why would a 3,5 mm jack not be possible in a TRRS option? It is possible in 2,5 mm for Onkyo DPX1.
I will buy the new Cowon Plenue S, which needs a 3.5 mm jack for balanced output, so I really hope that it's possible to order such a cable from WyWires. (?)

You're right. Let me rephrase. I have not heard of Alex making a 3.5 balanced cable but it may be possible.

Jun 20, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #135 of 198
He does make 3.5mm TRRS. I had one done that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back