WyWires Red Headphone Cable
Feb 24, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #106 of 198
Just so you know Alex has a new Platinum headphone cable to add an option for you. Have not tried it, just saw that it is now out there.

The Platinum was at the Singapore meet last weekend as a teaser. It is still awaiting feedback and final design elements. I hope to have it available by the Costa Mesa meet late March.

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #107 of 198
  The Platinum was at the Singapore meet last weekend as a teaser. It is still awaiting feedback and final design elements. I hope to have it available by the Costa Mesa meet late March.

Out of curiosity, what is the Platinum WyWire supposed to do for your headphone's sound quality? I know the Red is wonderful, I bought it for my LCD-X.

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #108 of 198
Received a WyWires Red Series XLR cable yesterday for my Hifiman HE-6 which took away the last bit of graininess I heard in voices and tightened up and extended the bass even further (sometimes head throbbing deep in a very satisfying way). The WyWires cable also brought the mid section out more and tamed the treble so that clarity, air and focus are top notch. I find everything Innerfidelity's John Grandberg said about the Violectric V281 HP amp (which I have) paired with the HE-6 to be true. They're a perfect match made for each other (my own words). Love the WyWires Red Series HP cable. YMMV.

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #109 of 198
Bought a Red cable with 1/4 plug for my Senn HD800 S cans. 'Phones sound great especially with the Chord Hugo.

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #110 of 198
Had fun watching a customer audition headphone cables with the MrSpeakers Ether earlier this week. When he got to the WyWires Red, his face lit up, and he smiled and said, "Oh wow. I've got to have this."  Love it when that happens (with any piece of gear I sell). Spreading the joy of fine audio is what it's all about. (And for those who say wires don't matter...just take a listen for yourself. I'll blindfold you if you want. Ha!)

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #112 of 198
^ Any more on those platinum cables?

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #114 of 198
I have been scanning the So. CA CanJam impression thread but no luck.

I took the plunge and ordered a Platinum from Alex. He was gracious and finished it in black. It came in yesterday. I ordered upgrade Eidolic connectors on both the amp and headphone ends. On first sight, it made my Red seem wimpy.

I put on the Purist Audio disc and let it play 24 hours. Purist Audio suggests only 6 hours and 40 minutes is really necessary but hey I had to sleep and go to work.

I am using it with my HE6. The first reaction was there was a volume increase, which really did not make sense to me. The more I have listened, I think it is just more clarity with a blacker background. The music is more intimate. The bass decays very naturally. Female vocals are really enveloping like you are in the room with them.

I am going to do some more enjoying rather typing for now. :)

I should mention Alex indicated Mr. Speaker and Cavalli Audio will have the Platinum at their tables at Axpona on 4/15 thru 4/17.

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #115 of 198
What kind of price difference is there between the Red and Platinum?

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #117 of 198
  What kind of price difference is there between the Red and Platinum?

The price of the Red series is $349 for most headphones and $399 for Sennheiser HD800/HD800S. The Platinum is priced at $899 and for the HD800 it's $949. Through the end of May we are discounting the Platinum 30%. Available now through WyWires dealers as well as direct from us.

May 11, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #118 of 198
I took the plunge and ordered a Platinum from Alex. He was gracious and finished it in black. It came in yesterday. I ordered upgrade Eidolic connectors on both the amp and headphone ends. On first sight, it made my Red seem wimpy.

I put on the Purist Audio disc and let it play 24 hours. Purist Audio suggests only 6 hours and 40 minutes is really necessary but hey I had to sleep and go to work.

I am using it with my HE6. The first reaction was there was a volume increase, which really did not make sense to me. The more I have listened, I think it is just more clarity with a blacker background. The music is more intimate. The bass decays very naturally. Female vocals are really enveloping like you are in the room with them.

I am going to do some more enjoying rather typing for now.
smily_headphones1.gif

I should mention Alex indicated Mr. Speaker and Cavalli Audio will have the Platinum at their tables at Axpona on 4/15 thru 4/17.

How does the platinum compare to the red series?  I too have the WyWires Red XLR cable connecting my HE-6 to a Violectric V-281 HP amp.  How can WyWires possibly get any better?

May 11, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #119 of 198

It really does. Everything just becomes more enveloping and natural.

I would not recommend the Eidolic mini xlr as they are very finicky to let go. I have one that I basically need to unscrew the base to get it off the male connectors on my headphones. To be clear Alex put them on at my request so it is all on me. I went for looks rather than function and paying the price.

May 11, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #120 of 198
It really does. Everything just becomes more enveloping and natural.

I would not recommend the Eidolic mini xlr as they are very finicky to let go. I have one that I basically need to unscrew the base to get it off the male connectors on my headphones. To be clear Alex put them on at my request so it is all on me. I went for looks rather than function and paying the price.

How long is your cord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back