WyWires Red Headphone Cable
Sep 28, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #91 of 198
Anybody ever used one of these cables with a Sennheiser HD650? Searches aren't bringing up any hits.

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #92 of 198
  Anybody ever used one of these cables with a Sennheiser HD650? Searches aren't bringing up any hits.

No, but I would think the Red is an excellent cable for the HD650 -- the cable's speed and faster transients helps offset some of the slowness and extra warmth of the 650, the cable's clear treble helps correct the well-known recessed treble of the 650, and the cable's tighter bass helps correct some of the tubbiness of the 650's bass. If I had a 650 I would get the Red without hesitation.

Oct 29, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #93 of 198
I bought the red cables and after 100 hours of burn-in I was not happy.  I emailed and explained to Alex some instruments were up front but others were so recessed I could barely hear them.  Right away he suspected a polarity problem with my amp (SPL Phonitor 2) and told me to send the cable back.  He said he'd personally check into it.  As you can see from the photos my amp is a bit eccentric when it comes to hooking HP's up balanced. 

1. the balanced hook up is on the back panel.  2. it accepts two 3 pin female plugs not the conventional male plugs.  The cable I received was visually perfect for my amp, but on further research Alex found my amp needed even more special requirements for pin 1.  He fixed the plug to my amps specs and over-nighted the cable back to me.  All I can say is I'm writing this to let all readers know Alex knows his stuff and is top of the class in customer service.  He emailed and kept me informed at every step.  The end result; this cable is fantastic.  The sound stage is amazingly holographic.  It tames shrill recordings and allows my LCD-X to perform at its best.  I couldn't be happier.

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #96 of 198
Alex set me up with a Red Headphone cable kit with which I am thrilled!

The idea is to have one cable to which you can connect any headphone to any source

I started with a pair of HE-400s and wanted to get a cable that would be able to adapt to other headphones. He built me a cable with mini-XLR terminations at the HP side and an XLR 4-pin balanced connector at the source side.

He then created mini-XLR-to-Hifiman adapters for my headphones.
On the other end, I have an XLR4 to 3.5mm male single-ended and an XL4 to a pair of 3.5 male balanced adapter (for my Pono Player)

I've since picked up a pair of Mr Speaker Alpha Dogs and in a few days, I'll get the HP adapter for those as well.

One may argue that I'm losing fidelity through the adapters, but the versatility makes it worth it and I'm digging my music through many different sources 

This is what I have so far

Source Connectors
Cable terminated Balanced XLR4 
- 3.5mm single-ended adapter
- 3.5mm balanced adapter

Heaphone Connectors
- Cable terminated mini-XLR (Audeze)
- Hifiman style coaxial
- Mr.Speaker Alpha Prime

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #97 of 198
Really liking my new WyWires Red Cable so far on my Audeze LCD-X...  

About 50 hours on the cable so far and the listening experience is sublime.  Compared to the stock cable, I am finding this cable has an overall smoother presentation removing the grain from the higher treble regions, tightens up the bass, and adds a touch of improved transparency, detail, and layering.  The other thing I have really noticed is the pitch black background.   It's a keeper!  

Solid build quality - went with the Rhodium connectors.  Cable is light and tangle free.

Bang for buck, I think this one is hard to beat - just pairs wonderfully with my Audeze LCD-X and Marantz HD-DAC1.

Thanks Alex!

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #98 of 198

About 50 hours on the cable so far and the listening experience is sublime.  Compared to the stock cable, I am finding this cable has an overall smoother presentation removing the grain from the higher treble regions, tightens up the bass, and adds a touch of improved transparency, detail, and layering.  The other thing I have really noticed is the pitch black background.   It's a keeper!  

Solid build quality - went with the Rhodium connectors.  Cable is light and tangle free.

Bang for buck, I think this one is hard to beat - just pairs wonderfully with my Audeze LCD-X and Marantz HD-DAC1.

Thanks Alex!

I have the same headphones and I can tell you the cable will only get better as you listen more.

Jan 1, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #99 of 198
I have just ordered the red cables for my LCD-X. Alex has been very helpful through the process by answering all my queries. Thanks Alex. Now I can't wait to get my hands on the Reds.

Im using Concero HP to drive the LCD-X. Have anyone tried the red cable with this setup ? It will be great to hear some impressions on this combination.

Cheers

Jan 1, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #100 of 198
I have just ordered the red cables for my LCD-X. Alex has been very helpful through the process by answering all my queries. Thanks Alex. Now I can't wait to get my hands on the Reds.

Im using Concero HP to drive the LCD-X. Have anyone tried the red cable with this setup ? It will be great to hear some impressions on this combination.

Cheers

How would that be of any use to you? You've ordered the cable, so just develop your own impressions once you get it.

Jan 16, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #102 of 198
Revamping my desktop headphone system. Today I ordered a Red headphone cable for Mr. Speakers Ether. Also ordered  matching balanced interconnects for Schiit Dac to Schist  amp.  Next month I will order the headphones, then DAC in March or April.  Hope to order amp in June or July.  Can't use any of these lovely WyWires till then. Alex is great!!

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #103 of 198

Thanks Alex!

I bought LCDx a week ago.I want buy WyWires Red Cable.How much is it? Do they have dealers in India?

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #104 of 198

I bought LCDx a week ago.I want buy WyWires Red Cable.How much is it? Do they have dealers in India?

I am in India too. I have a LCD-X too. I recently bought a WyWires Red Cable too. 
beerchug.gif

Just contact Alex through their website he is very prompt to get back and very helping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back