Write a Review of the Last Thing You Ate in a Restaurant
Mar 2, 2009 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Ishcabible

Headphoneus Supremus
This might actually be of use unlike the other food threads

I ate an "Angry" Whopper. I was more like a "Mildly Annoyed" Whopper.
biggrin.gif

It did taste okay though, but why did they have to deep fry and de-seed the jalepenos? The onions rings were soggy too. Not worth $6.

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #2 of 18
Yeah, that "Angry" Whopper really sucks. There's nothing angry about it.

I went to "Bud Foster's Restaurant" here in Blacksburg and got a Foster burger. It was handmade and really delicious.

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 18
A Habanero Burger at a Finnish chain, Hesburger. I'm always very sceptical when it comes to spicy mass food, but this burger surprised me. I've lived in Thailand for two years and eaten asian food most of my life and this burger was too spicy for me. Not a warming and nice spicyness, but a pinching flavour-removing spicyness. Only cost 2.5€ though..
3/10

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 18
The last thing I ate at a restaurant was a Patty Melt at Whataburger. They take two pieces of Texas toast, two beef patties, two slices of cheese, and onions grilled in patty fat and put it all together with a cream sauce. It was definitely super fatty, really greasy, and made me feel guilty after eating it, but it was amazing. I didn't feel hungry until lunch the next day (and I had it for dinner). It was a bit soggier and greasier than in the pictures, but it was still pretty decent. I'd give it a 7/10.

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #5 of 18
I guess this thread should be titled: review your last fast food purchase (or even rate your last burger), rather than something you ate at a 'restaurant'
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #6 of 18
No, it just so happens that the first few posts are burgers. I'm waiting for a fancy restaurant review.

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #7 of 18
I think there may be more fast food reviews if people are saving their pennies. I wish I got to go out to more sit downs.

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #8 of 18
A slice of lemon pie for dessert at a Chick-Fil-A. Creamy, fluffy meringue with a tart and tangy -- but not too presumptuous -- lemon filling, with a firm crust of just the right texture. Yummy.
icon10.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #9 of 18
Great timing, I just got back from Chili's. I had a grilled chicken sandwich. The chicken was quite juicy and well-cooked. There was constant grease dripping from the sandwich, which was pretty bothersome. The bacon was crispy. Only problem was that they seem to be skimping on ingredients (cutting costs?). The slice of chicken was about 2/3 the size of the bun, it used to be a decent amount bigger. It was still good, just not very filling. It was $8.59. One of the better dishes at Chili's but disappointing at the same time because of the small amount.

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #10 of 18
Just finished dinner. Does delivery to the office count?

I ordered from Jin Jiang, a Chinese restaurant on the Westside of Los Angeles. I had the Moo Shu Vegetables with plum sauce, brown rice and a bottle of water. Always very good - I've been having it here almost every night I work late.

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #11 of 18
Had some Cheese Sticks from a restaurant/bar called Good Time Charlies in Ann Arrbor, MI.

Didn't believe why my friends were giving something called cheesesticks so much hype? Turned out to be simply dough and cheddar cheese stuffed inside it (dough is covered with either poppy seeds on top; or sesame seeds); each one was a little bigger than the size of my palm. AND THEY WERE GREAT!
It really surprised me. Ended up eating them so quickly that they I noticed they were finished when my hand out felt nothing around and I really focused out of my trance. xD
So I tried to get some chili to top things off. The chili was horrible, simply beans with little else; can get some '5-alarm' topping ot make it spicy. But the spice of that thing is for masochistic masturbation. It contributed no flavor to the chili. Just pain.

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #12 of 18
Buffalo Wild Wings..it was REALLY good
i got 6 Wild Wings and then i got 6 spicy garlic i think is what it was

the wild ones were better
definetly one of the the best wings places in college station

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #13 of 18
can't remember what the last item was... think it was one of those fancy/western sushi cut rolls. Something with spicy tuna, then maybe crab/salmon in addition depending on the roll. It was pretty good. Depending on which, I preferred the one with the sweeter sauce better, seemed to offer a better complement, whereas the other was kind of a clash in taste.

Mar 3, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #14 of 18
man o man..I highly recommend going to Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ! The place is pretty expensive, but if you get the AYCE option for 30 bucks, you can make it worth your while. I was eating dinner from 9:30 all the way till 12:30. The food rocks.

Mar 3, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #15 of 18
I wish I knew how to describe what I taste in words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back