Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Oct 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #676 of 767

Quote:

Not sure what you mean?  Doesn't the wheel control the volume?

No hissing on mine.
confused_face_2.gif

No problem with the mid range either. 
confused_face_2.gif

USG

I believe shigzeo was referring to the lack of a dedicated volume control....and I agree it should have a separate one, like the Clip/Clip+. Don't get me wrong, I use my Fuze and my Clip+'s, but they do get used more than the Fuze.

Oct 26, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #677 of 767
Again, I use very sensitive iems exclusively with my portable players when out and about. With them, there is a goodly amount of hiss from the Fuze and a grainy midrange. It isn't bad at all, but it is a STEP DOWN from the clip and other than resolution, my other players as well. The hiss on the Sony's comes with no expense to the midrange and the iPod touch 2G, my other player, has the least hiss of all the screened players I have. The AMP3Pro2 makes music like listening through a rainstorm. Yikes. 

And yes, I mean no dedicated volume controls. The only other player I have without dedicated volume controls is the Gumstick (since the volume controls are disabled when in the menu). And I hate that. Sansa made a decent player and took away all of the great things about the Clip in order to make a thin, big-screened player. The LO and HPO are quite good, but with sensitive iems, the LO and a good amp take precedence over HPO anytime with the Fuze. That isn't the case with some other players with good LO's.

Nov 17, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #681 of 767
hi guys!
i'm going to buy the sansa fuze (not plus, to install rockbox) and good headphones.
In your opinion which is better between:

-Brainwavz M1
-ViSang R02 (Brainwavz ProAlpha)

for this player?
the price is the same but due to my incompetence I can not decide.
I've red in the forum that the M1 are pretty inefficient for this player;
the alpha could overcome this problem?

thanks a lot
bye

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #682 of 767
I'm REALLY HAPPY I found this thread.

Well here is my two cents. Colour ME impressed!!!

The Sansa Fuze love affair started with a tryst with a v.01 model, Rockboxable at the time, unlike the v.02's which were SansaAMS and still waiting for that coding love by the Rockbox team to come to fruition.

It's now a big release or two forward for Rockbox' Firmware, 3.7 to be exact and the Fuze v.02 is a first class citizen to install the Alternative Firmware to...

Good stuff ppl, good stuff!

I loved that v.01 unit to pieces, literally. I think I rolled over it with my desk chair and mashed the polycarbonate shield and LCD beneath it as well. Oh well, we had FUN TIMES!

IT SOUNDED GLORIOUS. Stood toe to toe with the best players I had: Rockboxed iRiver H140 feeding a D10 optically (not as beefy, but in the same league), my Gorgeous sounding WM8987 Wolfson DAC equipped Lisse Q10, and my s:flo2, sporting Wolfson WM8740's in dual mono configuration. Yeah the Rockboxed and EQ leveled fuze stood its ground with these much pricier and heartier equipped giants.\

So all in all I gave the Fuze v.02, newly acquired, a workup of Rockbox settings to match the iRiver H140, including the "BioEQ" with some tweaking of the Low Shelf filter for bass beefiness by Yours Truly, but I owe the gifting of the BioEQ Filter to HiFlight for passing it along to me. It's a special setup designed around the premise of the Fletcher-Munson Curve and handles inner ear curvatures and reflections quite nicely.

You don't have to take my word for it, I'll post the entire setup as a gift to the Head-Fi.org Community to play with at their leisure. It does NOT need tweaking for different phones. The only thing is you may want to adjust the gain in the low shelf (LS) filter of the Graphic Equaliser to tailor the bass to your needs.

BioEQ Setup:

Sound>Sound Settings>Channel Configuration>Custom
Sound>Sound Settings>Stereo Width>55%
Sound>Sound Settings>Crossfeed>
Sound>Sound Settings>Crossfeed>Crossfeed>Yes
Sound>Sound Settings>Crossfeed>Direct Gain>-4.5 dB
Sound>Sound Settings>Crossfeed>Cross Gain>-5.5 dB
Sound>Sound Settings>Crossfeed>High-Frequency Attenuation>-7.5 dB
Sound>Sound Settings>Crossfeed>High-Frequency Cutoff>1100 Hz
Sound>Sound Settings>Equalizer
Sound>Sound Settings>Equalizer>Enable EQ>Yes
Sound>Sound Settings>Equalizer = Here you have to save a text file and name it as "BioEQ.cfg" in a text editor more at the end of the tutorial
Sound>Sound Settings>Equalizer>Precut>0.0 dB
Sound>Sound Settings>Equalizer>Simple EQ Settings * ignore these, handled by "BioEQ.cfg" file
Sound>Sound Settings>Equalizer>Advanced EQ Settings * ignore these, handled by "BioEQ.cfg" file
Sound>Sound Settings>Equalizer>Save EQ Preset> * ignore
Sound>Sound Settings>Equalizer> Browse EQ Preset > * ignore
Sound>Sound Settings>Dithering>Yes
Sound>Sound Settings>Timestretch>No
Sound>Sound Settings>Compressor>Threshold>-24dB
Sound>Sound Settings>Compressor>Makeup Gain>Auto
Sound>Sound Settings>Compressor>Ratio>10:1
Sound>Sound Settings>Compressor>Knee>Soft Knee
Sound>Sound Settings>Compressor>Release Time>1000 ms

The "BioEQ.cfg" file should be a plain text, nonwordwrapped file that looks like this: starting at the # and ending at the 0 in 60. Cut and past that into a text editor, like Notebook on Windows, Gedit, Kedit, or Mousepad on Linux, etc and copy it to a file named simply: BioEQ.cfg and place it in the .rockbox/eqs/ folder on your Fuze. ENJOY YOUR MUSIC!!!

Best, -FLACvest

# .cfg file created by rockbox r28351-101024 - http://www.rockbox.org

eq enabled: on
eq precut: 0
eq band 0 cutoff: 40
eq band 1 cutoff: 220
eq band 2 cutoff: 2500
eq band 3 cutoff: 7500
eq band 4 cutoff: 16000
eq band 0 q: 35
eq band 1 q: 45
eq band 2 q: 30
eq band 3 q: 31
eq band 4 q: 30
eq band 0 gain: 60
eq band 1 gain: 1
eq band 2 gain: 64
eq band 3 gain: 14
eq band 4 gain: 60

Nov 23, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #685 of 767

Quote:
I'm REALLY HAPPY I found this thread.

Well here is my two cents. Colour ME impressed!!!

The Sansa Fuze love affair started with a tryst with a v.01 model, Rockboxable at the time, unlike the v.02's which were SansaAMS and still waiting for that coding love by the Rockbox team to come to fruition.

It's now a big release or two forward for Rockbox' Firmware, 3.7 to be exact and the Fuze v.02 is a first class citizen to install the Alternative Firmware to...

Good stuff ppl, good stuff!

I loved that v.01 unit to pieces, literally. I think I rolled over it with my desk chair and mashed the polycarbonate shield and LCD beneath it as well. Oh well, we had FUN TIMES!

IT SOUNDED GLORIOUS. Stood toe to toe with the best players I had: Rockboxed iRiver H140 feeding a D10 optically (not as beefy, but in the same league), my Gorgeous sounding WM8987 Wolfson DAC equipped Lisse Q10, and my s:flo2, sporting Wolfson WM8740's in dual mono configuration. Yeah the Rockboxed and EQ leveled fuze stood its ground with these much pricier and heartier equipped giants.\

So all in all I gave the Fuze v.02, newly acquired, a workup of Rockbox settings to match the iRiver H140, including the "BioEQ" with some tweaking of the Low Shelf filter for bass beefiness by Yours Truly, but I owe the gifting of the BioEQ Filter to HiFlight for passing it along to me. It's a special setup designed around the premise of the Fletcher-Munson Curve and handles inner ear curvatures and reflections quite nicely.

You don't have to take my word for it, I'll post the entire setup as a gift to the Head-Fi.org Community to play with at their leisure. It does NOT need tweaking for different phones. The only thing is you may want to adjust the gain in the low shelf (LS) filter of the Graphic Equaliser to tailor the bass to your needs.

hello guys!
can i use these setups for my 1st gen ipod nano, with rockbox?
are only for fuze?
thanks!

p.s: if i will buy the fuze, i will have some tangible boost performances (with the same good earphones), in the hearing exprerience, respect to the ipod?

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #687 of 767
zoritativo,

should work on any rockboxable device; this setup was gleaned from my iRiver H140's settings with the settings originally sent to me by HiFlight with some tweaks of my own.

ENJOY, oh and you should get a Fuze anyhow they are amazing devices!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #688 of 767
Hi All,

Please see the http://www.head-fi.org/wiki/bioeq-rockbox BioEQ-rockbox Wiki as it has the download link for the first distribution of .rockbox with the .cfg files to update your player automagically with the settings the longform text file above lists out, and a folder stuffed with lovely eq .cfg files from over 3 years of research!

Dec 15, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #689 of 767
Quote:
Hi All,

Please see the http://www.head-fi.org/wiki/bioeq-rockbox BioEQ-rockbox Wiki as it has the download link for the first distribution of .rockbox with the .cfg files to update your player automagically with the settings the longform text file above lists out, and a folder stuffed with lovely eq .cfg files from over 3 years of research!

Just wanted to thank you for this FLACvest! Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back