Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Oct 25, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #661 of 767

This guy has been a anti-LOD troll for awhile now , just ignore him.
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah it sure does. 

Funny how the same names keep coming up whenever there's a buck to be made off unsuspecting people.

Regardless of your arguments and claims,  the numbers don't support the need for a LOD.

It is also a violation your TOS agreement with HeadFi to use the forum to promote and sell stuff.

And btw, didn't you have a run in with Jude about a year ago over this?

USG

Now I've been reading through this thread and I must conclude, I couldn't help but feel a huge second hand embarrassment for you...

You have a very hostile nature and on here you specifically question and attack anyone who might be interested in an LOD for the Fuze or who did actually try it and prefer it over an ordinary HPO.
Noone has promoted the LOD even slightly comparable to the degree that you constantly dispute their relevance while accusing people of financial interests.

Your steady long term accusations of promoting LOD solely for personal profit directed at several people who made positive remarks imho exceed legit free speech and with their nature of defamation enter the world of prosecution.

I can't see how a forum can tolerate your hostility, but what can you do, seems that the choice has been made to let single characters other than mods and admins dictate the content that is discussed as well as the intellectual level it's discussed at.

At last, I would have had questions to ask, but frankly I only registered because while reading it creeped me out me how a potentially helpful thread in a potentially nice forum is controlled by such a single negative person.
So, feel free to use big blue letters, I won't be back and it's no loss for me tbh.
And no, I'm not selling LOD, I'm not buying LOD, I dont even own a Fuze (yet?)...
And I am in no way related to any of the people who were / are buying/ selling LOD for Fuze.
After reading quite some pages of this dreadful thread I know that would be your next accusation...

Oct 25, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #662 of 767
These aren't negative comments you're reading.../JediMindTrick

You should get a Fuze. You should try Rockbox when you get your Fuze. And then you should be happy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Rockbox is best for gapless. Apparently the Fuze+ and Clip+ both have gapless support.

Oct 25, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #663 of 767

Quote:
These aren't negative comments you're reading.../JediMindTrick

You should get a Fuze. You should try Rockbox when you get your Fuze. And then you should be happy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Rockbox is best for gapless. Apparently the Fuze+ and Clip+ both have gapless support.

They both are claimed by SanDisk to have gapless support with the SanDisk firmware. I haven't heard a Fuze+, but the Clip+ is not fully gapless....there are still some clicks at track transitions, not with every album, but sometimes.

Rockbox on the Fuze and Clip+ cures that, of course....and makes them both great players.(I have both)
L3000.gif

Oct 25, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #665 of 767
The Fuze is one of my least favourite players on the planet because of its insanely tiny controls, its lack of volume controls, its proprietary sync port, all of which are in direct resistance to Sansa's own advertising campaign: iSheep. I hate the slight haze over the frequency, the slight hiss, the... well it goes on and on. I sold mine as I never use it. The ONLY thing I respect about the Fuze is its ability to keep up an almost perfect frequency response within reasonable volumes with hard to drive IEMs like the FitEar Private 333 or the ACS T1 and to a lesser extent, the JH13Pro.

After owning the thing for 8 months or so, I have this to say: amping the headphone out WILL help the Fuze retain a good stereo image, but at the expense of the same ol' fuzz. The Fuze will at least sparkle a bit more, but in the end, I don't think it is really worth it. Considering you CAN get a decent LOD cable for 15$, you will be able to get rid of the dull midrange and that is the number one reason to get the LOD and pair it with a GOOD amp. 

As you can see in the graphs below, there is next to no measurable difference between the Fuze's naked unloaded signal to a soundcard and the LOD, but I promise you that the nasty fuzzies in the midrange are cleared away. Of course, I don't consider it worthwhile, but that doesn't mean that others don't. If I had the choice between amping the LO or the HPO, I'd choose the LO in this case. It is freer of artefacts. I don't like using amps, but since the Fuze has that graininess in the midrange, I do. Also, the hiss that comes from most amps is 'nicer' than the hiss that comes from the Fuze. Again, I choose to amp the LO over the HPO. Saying that, I prefer to go naked (no amp) when out and about and that is the main reason I gave the fuze away. The uncapped LOD produces a LOT of noise and distortion in the signal at LOUD volumes, but isn't that bad at normal listening levels.

These RMAA results are from ClieOS' LOD's. They are as far as I know, non-commercial and are very good. Again, I hate using amps when I don't have to and therefore got rid of the Fuze as I couldn't stand the navigation, the ergonomics, the need for RockBox, the lack of volume buttons, the hiss, the midrange grain and more. But, if I had kept it and used it to its full, I would attach a LOD to get rid of the worst of its problems. 

Note: NL means no load
CAP LOD means the capped one
No CAP LOD means the uncapped ones
FE333 refers to the FitEar Private 333
This test was conducted with LOD connected to the iBasso T3D
Frequency Response

CrossTalk

Dynamic range

Intermodular Distortion

THD

NS

Oct 25, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #666 of 767
the fuze is not the most hissing player on the planet. In fact it is one of the quieter ones I have heard. And if hissing is a problem, insert some resistance. UE used to supply an inline resistor with the SF5P. A resistor will not change the sound as long as it is a good resistor. Undoubtledly, the flat response of this player is what attracts me about the fuze. It has also good extension in highs and lows. The internal amp is also good. There are many good things about the fuze. The mids are not particularly warm and soundstage is not the best, but it is still a darn good player specially after comparing it with any Apple player on the market. Apple YUCK! If it wasn't for rockbox, I would not be using my Ipod 5.5g.  

Oct 25, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #668 of 767
Interesting measurements and impressions, shigzeo.

On a side note, anyone know the output impedance of the line out? I may be interested in custom-making an amp for my Fuze, but I'm interested in hard numbers.

Oct 25, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #670 of 767
I didn't think to test that when I had the Fuze. Anyway, the HPO has a very low Ω output, which is great for keeping the resolution of insanely sensitive, low Ω earphones.

Quote:
Interesting measurements and impressions, shigzeo.

On a side note, anyone know the output impedance of the line out? I may be interested in custom-making an amp for my Fuze, but I'm interested in hard numbers.

Oct 25, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #672 of 767

Quote:
I didn't think to test that when I had the Fuze. Anyway, the HPO has a very low Ω output, which is great for keeping the resolution of insanely sensitive, low Ω earphones.

If I'm not mistaken, the way to measure the impedance would be with a 1kHz signal and a handful of high value resistors, then measure current across the resistor?
If I had a LOD I could easily do that...(not hinting)

Oct 25, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #673 of 767

Quote:
Check out my Half blue half black 8gb ( 24gb actually )

always wanted a blue 8gb fuze..and now i gotz one :3

Looks good! I always used to wish I could get a blue one in 8GB too, but in the end it didn't matter because I have always used a skin on my Fuzes.

Oct 26, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #674 of 767
Count me in as not hearing a difference with the FiiO LOD and the Fuze compared to the headphone out.  Not really a bad thing since the HP out is excellent.  I do like the FiiO LOD though.  Its cheap, nice looking and disables the volume control on the fuze which i prefer with an amp.  You need a cable regardless whether its an LOD or cable from the HP out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back