Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Dec 1, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #151 of 767
Found on Ebay UK: Sansa Fuze 12 Gb !

Can't find anything on Sansa's official Website...

And the packaging is different from the 8 Gb player I just got, but it might just be an update.

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #157 of 767
Wow! Sansa.....

A good title for this thread.

I have a 4gb Clip and an 8gb Fuze with an 8gb card.

I docked the Fuze as a source for my office system and have been happy ever since.

IMHO the only reason for the Fuze over the Clip is the dock and maybe the expansion card (after all, how much can you scroll through). When ever I want to go portable, I grab the Clip. It's so small you don't even notice it.

Oh, the sound quality.... It's Great!

USG

(btw, the little black square of electrical tape on the dock is covering one of those annoyingly bright blue LEDs)

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #158 of 767
wow, the silver looks a lot better than in sandisk's photos. very nice

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #159 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got one. Black 8Gb + 8Gb micro SDHC. It sounds fantastic, much better than the Ipod Video 5g and a clear improvement over the Ipod+amp. Finally I can get rid of my player + amp setup!

Better than an iPod with an amp? That's a bold statement!
Maybe I should give one of these a shot.

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #160 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by RipRapRob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Found on Ebay UK: Sansa Fuze 12 Gb !

Can't find anything on Sansa's official Website...

And the packaging is different from the 8 Gb player I just got, but it might just be an update.

Probably a fake. He says in the description its made by "Samdisc" instead of Sandisc, unless he typo'd, but i think its a copy company thing from China or something.

Dec 2, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #162 of 767
Well, I've been using this thing for about a month and my admiration continues to grow. Detailed, warm reproduction through all sound ranges without being overly analytical or harsh. It drives my venerable, 20+ year old MDR-V6's without an amp quite nicely and without any bass rolloff. When using FLAC files this thing is every bit as good as any portable CD player I've used. I may still buy a Sony if/when they ever get around to selling 32gb units, but the more I use the Fuze that harder Sony is going to have to sell me.

A note about the EQ -- I've never been a big fan of significant EQ adjusting anyway, and wiser, more experienced people here warn that the Fuze EQ is crap, however I've found that setting the bass EQ only at just +1 provides a modest bass boost without any noticeable distortion/degradation in SQ. As always, YMMV and perhaps top end cans/IEMs would reveal some distortion I'm not hearing, but it works for me (I know my V6's pretty well after all these years and I think I'd hear any distortion).

Dec 2, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #163 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by KromaXamorK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This a 8gb's version with a µSD 4Gb.
Sansa Fuze 12GB FM Capacity Bundle - cheap - Dixons.co.uk

I wrote the seller, and you are absolutely right, it's an 8 Gb with a 4 Gb microSD.

I would have been so p.ss.d if I was in the market for a MP3 player and had ordered wat is presented as a 12 Gb but really is a 8+4 Gb.

Sorry if I got anyone excited.

Dec 2, 2008 at 10:39 AM Post #164 of 767
Its something you need to watch for though. Its sort of like saying FREE COFFEE!!! [size=xx-small]with a purchase of equal or greater value[/size]. Sketchy marketing tactics, but all above board.

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #165 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably a fake. He says in the description its made by "Samdisc" instead of Sandisc, unless he typo'd, but i think its a copy company thing from China or something.

Well, that could be an honest typing mistake. The title has the spelling correct.

There is a rule about pointing out spelling errors or typing mistakes: The person who points the finger, ends up making one themselves: In the description it says Samdisk (one letter wrong) not Samdisc (two letters wrong)

The correct spelling is Sandisk - see, even you got it wrong
wink_face.gif

(And, following the rule, somewhere in this post, there is at least one - not deliberate - typing or spelling mistake, made by me
frown.gif
)

Back to the appreciation: Boy, do I love the sound coming from the Sandisk Sansa Fuze
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back