Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Nov 21, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #106 of 767
I'm not using anything right now. That's the problem.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by HulkSmashNow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a little difficult to access the microSD card with the case on, and the sync cable does not fully insert into the bottom of the Fuze. However, I'm still able to sync and charge with no problems.

And that's why I've hesitated. It seems like everywhere I look these problems are mentioned. Still, it's not as though I'll be changing cards on the fly.

Nov 21, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #107 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question:
Denon C700 vs. Denon C551 vs. Head-Direct RE2
Sound signatures? Strengths and weaknesses? Overall SQ ranking? Value?
PM me if you want to help out and have FIRST HAND experience
smily_headphones1.gif

Lol, have all of them 'first hand'. Will PM later.
Basically the Denon c700 with some 3rd party tips (e.g. Koss tips, Comply tips, Sony EX series) are the best value.

Nov 21, 2008 at 9:03 AM Post #109 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for those insterested, Costco is gonna sell the 8G silver version for $59.99 on Black Friday

Add an 8gb sd card for ~$20 and that's a top-tier 16gb unit for just $80. At that price it's an overlay.

Of course, I paid $101 barely a month ago for the Fuze alone...
angry_face.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 9:49 AM Post #110 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robisan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course, I paid $101 barely a month ago for the Fuze alone...
angry_face.gif

You think that's bad, here in Australia we have to pay AU$125 about US$80 just for the 4gb model
frown.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #111 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by I)enial /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

And that's why I've hesitated. It seems like everywhere I look these problems are mentioned. Still, it's not as though I'll be changing cards on the fly.

I have the clear case also. The design is horrible, but I really wanted something to protect my Fuze and the silicon ones make it difficult to take out of my pants.

The power button issue with the case definitely annoys me, but not to the point where I can't stand it. I haven't tried to take out the memory card with the case on, but I personally never take it out.

I was pretty surprised about the USB connector not being able to plug in all the way with the case on. Huge design flaw, but it's manageable. The cable still gets a connection. If you really wanted to, you could probably file the plastic down a little to make more room for the connector.

The case is extremely scratch prone and picks up fingerprints easily. It's also really thick, making the Fuze like 50% thicker.

If I were to rate the case, I'd give it a 4/10. The only reason I keep it is because it does what I wanted it to do: protect the Fuze.

Nov 21, 2008 at 12:52 PM Post #112 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's also really thick, making the Fuze like 50% thicker.

Really??? Awww man, it just keeps getting better!
frown.gif

Actually, there's another solution that I've been looking into. It seems Invisible Shield has designed one just for the Fuze. I've been looking around Sansa's and ABI's forums and people seem to like it. You can get it with full body coverage or just screen coverage.

I think I might have to look into this. Link

Nov 21, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #114 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by I)enial /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

I don't blame you for hesitating. I've heard of some people actually sanding down parts of their clear cases for better access to their cards and sync ports. But, it doesn't really bother me, and it's very handy to just take the protected Fuze and put it in my pocket and go. I might try one of the InvisiShields in the future, but I'm fine with the Crystal Clear Case for now.

All the best.

Nov 21, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #115 of 767
My Sansa Fuze played wonderfully for 3 weeks.

Well, it still does, but i refuses to charge and it is 'invisible' to my computers (tried on 3 different), so no loading music on the player (luckily I have a 4 Gb Micro SDHC card, and an adapter).

I bought a new - original - cable on eBay, but that didn't fix the problem (a few people on SanDisk's Sansa Community suggested it might be the cable).

So tomorrow I'm returning my Fuze for a replacement
eek.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #117 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by RipRapRob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Sansa Fuze played wonderfully for 3 weeks.

Well, it still does, but i refuses to charge and it is 'invisible' to my computers (tried on 3 different), so no loading music on the player (luckily I have a 4 Gb Micro SDHC card, and an adapter).

I bought a new - original - cable on eBay, but that didn't fix the problem (a few people on SanDisk's Sansa Community suggested it might be the cable).

So tomorrow I'm returning my Fuze for a replacement
eek.gif

Have you tried to reformat it?

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:14 AM Post #118 of 767
I had a Sansa clip and I understand they use the same audio hardware so I can imagine how nice the Fuze is as well. The addition of expansion is nice but the proprietary interface cable really turns me off. Are there accessories that take advantage of the plug in any special way or is it just proprietary with no benefit?

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #119 of 767
I am having a problem with my new Fuze. When trying to transfer some MP3's, I get a message in windows telling me that the device is full. It then becomes unresponsive.

I only have 500MB on it. Any ideas why I am getting this message?

Edit: This is the message that I get

"Cannot copy xxxxx.mp3: The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #120 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am having a problem with my new Fuze. When trying to transfer some MP3's, I get a message in windows telling me that the device is full. It then becomes unresponsive.

I only have 500MB on it. Any ideas why I am getting this message?

Edit: This is the message that I get

"Cannot copy xxxxx.mp3: The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."

Did you upgrade to the new firmware yet? If not I would try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back