Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Nov 3, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #76 of 767
Alright. After thinking between the Sansa Fuze, Sony Walkman, or the Iaudio 7 I took the plung and got the Fuze and I have to say that it's great. Better sound quality then my old Cowon D2, very straightforward and nice build too. I needed something only for music with no bells and whistles and truly this is exactly what I wanted.

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #77 of 767
Well after using my Sansa Fuze for a bit, I can say the sound is indeed awesome. With no EQ settings, it sounds better to me then my Sony S616 and Cowon D2 (even when both are EQed) with my IEMs and my earbuds. I still prefer my Cowon D2 for sitting down listening as it has enough power to drive my 250 ohm Beyer DT770 and DT250 and sound awesome with no bass roll off (the 250 ohms take care of that) and with no amp. But overall, for on-the-go listening, the Fuze is my favorite new toy.

I will say that the user interface is slightly lacking behind the Ipod and Sony though. Things could have been organized better. A small peeve for me so far is the fact it takes 2 button presses to get back to the track slection listing for a album versus the 1 for the Sony or Ipod.

Nov 6, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #79 of 767
Nope, just connect the fuze to your pc and drag 'n' drop files.
Fast simple easy!

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #80 of 767
Though it has been mentioned, I must reiterate to newbie Fuze people like myself that files you put on your Fuze during MTP file transfer mode will not show up if you switch to MSC mode and vice versa. For ease of use, I recommend as soon as you get your player to keep it on MSC mode.

Also I am currently using a Kingston micro SDHC 8 gig class 4 card and it is pretty slow in transfer speeds though this is not a problem for music file playback. But I did read over on different forums how this particular card does not like playing back video files in the Fuze. Although I have no idea who would want to watch video files on such a small screened DAP anyways.

Also, has anyone else noticed the "sound skipping" effect when a headphone jack is not properly seated in the headphone out? I nearly crapped a brick when it started to happen but then figured that that was the culprit. Though my Klipsch Image X10 sounds wonderful with the Fuze, I have to have the headphone jack angled in certain positions or even have it just a millimeter pulled out to not get that effect at all. Weird problem and a weird solution but the headphone out has a tight grip and when the headphone jack is pulled out just a smidge it isn't loose at all.

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #81 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, just connect the fuze to your pc and drag 'n' drop files.
Fast simple easy!

Thanks! Will have to pick it up and try it. Got the Fuze last night with the 8GB microsd combo from Amazon but only got the chance to load the Fuze itself yesterday. Will load up the microSD tonight.

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #82 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, has anyone else noticed the "sound skipping" effect when a headphone jack is not properly seated in the headphone out? I nearly crapped a brick when it started to happen but then figured that that was the culprit. Though my Klipsch Image X10 sounds wonderful with the Fuze, I have to have the headphone jack angled in certain positions or even have it just a millimeter pulled out to not get that effect at all. Weird problem and a weird solution but the headphone out has a tight grip and when the headphone jack is pulled out just a smidge it isn't loose at all.

I've never experienced anything like that with mine. Now, once I've hit the play button, I drop the Fuze in my cargos so it doesn't really move around a lot.

Have you tried another pair of headphones? I hate to even suggest it but could it be your Fuze?

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #83 of 767
Nah it works just fine. It's almost like the X10's headphone jack is too long if that's possible heh. Either way, even with the hp jack slightly pulled out it isn't loose at all. If anyone looks at it they wouldn't even notice it since its just pulled out like 1mm. My Yuin OK1s, AT C700s, and Denon C700s don't exhibit the issue at all nor when the Fuze is amped with my Corda Headsix with my mini-mini. When I was testing out my Beyer DT250s, it showed the same problem when the cable was bent in certain directions. This doesn't matter anyways as the Fuze doesn't have enough power to drive the DT250-250s anyway.

Nov 13, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #86 of 767
^ noooo! this is an important thread. you must un-kill it, misterDX!
happy_face1.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #87 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anacondastan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would not describe the sound of the Fuze as "cold" at all, but it is euphonic; very pleasing with an adorable coloration. And I would not give it passing marks for neutrality or accuracy. It's a great device and a steal for what it does at it's modest price point, but not reference level or best in show quality (so to say). If you haven't heard better, you would think you couldn't. The law of diminishing returns apply here and this player is at the top of the curve.

So what is 'reference quality' to you?

Nov 13, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #88 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also players like the Fuze and Cowon D2 do not show the music on the onboard memory and the memory stick as seperate (ie it is all seen as 1 source).

The D2 does in folder view.

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #90 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by misterDX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now that it is alive, i will ask again:

did anyone did a frequency response graph on clip/sansa? i like to know if the sound sig is colored at all, thanks

Any special software that does the "listening" and plotting the graph? I can try it myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back