Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Dec 18, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #272 of 767
Haven't had time to read through all of the posts, but I have to say that I'm finding the output on the Fuze to be a bit on the weak side. Not with my IEMs or AD700s, mind you, but I definitely have to crank the volume up to near max with DT770s.

Dec 18, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #274 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosTrax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't had time to read through all of the posts, but I have to say that I'm finding the output on the Fuze to be a bit on the weak side. Not with my IEMs or AD700s, mind you, but I definitely have to crank the volume up to near max with DT770s.

Well duh..the impedance!
It's the headphones not the DAP.
There is a reason why the DT770 is highly recommended with it running through an amp.

Dec 19, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #275 of 767
I just got mine, and all I can say is: WOW! Haven't tried it with my D2 Boa yet, but the night is young.
smily_headphones1.gif

The one thing I noticed is that the interface isn't as smooth as the iPod. It tries to fade the music in and out when you pause, but fails at times to do it elegantly. It tries to switch tracks silently but sometimes there's a click. Nothing big but if you're a perfectionist it will drive you crazy.

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #276 of 767
Got mine yesterday but haven't had a chance to really play with it much. It's silver (which looks more gun metal gray), and feels very solid. Using ES7s unamped, and while I wasn't blown away by the sound quality, I only listened to a couple of the preloaded tracks and the radio so I'm not going to judge it on that yet, but I don't have any real complaints about it either.

I wonder if I need to (or even should) update the firmware. I copied some FLACs to the music folder but it said it wouldn't be able to play them back (Windows said this) and they don't show up on the player.

Dec 19, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #278 of 767
Quote:

I wasn't blown away by the sound quality

It's not really a slap-you-in-the-face-good kind of SQ. But the more you listen to it the more you appreciate how smooth and natural it sounds vs other players.

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #279 of 767
I bought myself a Sansa fuze 8GB today. I use it inside the house with a pair of Sennheiser hd595. This is an excellent combination! I immediately upgraded the firmware with Sansa Updater, which was very easy. The Fuze is definitely a keeper!

Dec 19, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #280 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by arirug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought myself a Sansa fuze 8GB today. I use it inside the house with a pair of Sennheiser hd595. This is an excellent combination! I immediately upgraded the firmware with Sansa Updater, which was very easy. The Fuze is definitely a keeper!

I use same setup, it really sounds good with an 8 buck fiio 3 thrown in the mix .

Dec 20, 2008 at 10:44 AM Post #281 of 767
hi,

can someone help me out. I just borrowed Sansa Fuze 8GB black and it says firmware verision is v1.01.22F ... I thought I read somewhere there are no Black 8GB Fuze that is v1. Shouldn't all be v2?

Or I am misunderstanding something?

What are the differences between v1 and v2?

I borrowed it to compare it with Sony S739 so I can decide which one is right for my UM2!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Velimir

Dec 20, 2008 at 12:52 PM Post #283 of 767
I know its not a fuze but I got my wife the Sansa View 8g unit for 90.00 and some shure se210 iem's for xmas. I had to charge it up and load it with music so she could just enjoy it so I tested it and thought it sounded great compared to my Zune 80g.

Dec 20, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #285 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and the fuze sounds even better than the view

Good to know I might have to pick one up. Is it compatible with Linux? The View did not hook up to Linux, it kept rebooting. When I linked it to Vista it was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back