Wow, my power must suck..
Mar 23, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #31 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Thanks to your post I just received my very own Monster HTS3500 MkII. I have not put it in service yet. Man, this means another manual to read. Oh well whatever it take in the search of musical bliss
biggrin.gif

Thanks (althoug my wallet does not).

Be sure to let us know what you think.
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #32 of 79
I hope I become a believer in power conditioning tomorrow when my furman power conditioner comes in, its the cheap merit series but I hope it will make a difference...
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #34 of 79
I was hoping for it to price drop one day soon but i think i am going to cave in and get one anyways.

That's an awesome pic Thaddy....all nice and purdy.

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #36 of 79
Mar 25, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #38 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by etys rule
Amazon has it for $149 with free shipping. I am all over this as I have a plasma on the way.

Got a link for that? Just checked Amazon and the only price I can find is $174.99.

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #39 of 79
Ok,it looks like a nice unit,and for the price,its nice. But,what happens during a power surge? Does the thing just blow out like a fuse and ya throw it out? I know the ones with jule ratings are like that,ya just throw them out.
Id feel bad for people that buy those big expensive $3000 units. Just a $3000 fuse with a line filter attached,,,,,,ouch!
Be nice if it just trips a breaker,or has a replaceable gas module or something,like a gas antenna ground fuse.
Also...Monster has different levels of filtering. Is it 1,2,3,4 etc?
Nice looking tho,and ive seen the filter tests for them in Best Buy stores.
They have a unit set up with a speaker,and with it off ,you can hear the hiss,and with it on its dead silent.

Mar 26, 2006 at 4:34 PM Post #41 of 79
Maybe you've got some not-so-bad power to begin with? My meter fluctuates a good bit from 119 to 125, which I'm assuming is not good.

Hey, at least your tower of power could officially compete with Jahn's. That stack is huge...

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #42 of 79
Well, after seeing the big brother of the 3500 this weekend (the 5000) I decided that I couldn't leave well enough alone and ordered 2 of the 3500s. One will go in the living room for the HT setup and the other is going to run the headphone rig. If nothing else I'm just happy to have a place to run all of my plugs and know that there's a decent surge protector guarding the gear.

Nate

Mar 26, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #43 of 79
Not one, but two?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nate, you could be the first guy to condition his power conditioner!
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #44 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Not one, but two?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nate, you could be the first guy to condition his power conditioner!
tongue.gif

Nah, it's just the joy of home ownership man, home theather in hte living room, headphone rig in the library/study/other room.

And for anyone else considering something like this I highly suggest googling "buy.com promotion code" before making your purchase. For any new customer you can knock at least another $5 off and if you're crazy like me you can get $15 off of two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back