Wow, my power must suck..
Mar 12, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #16 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
I have been thinking about purchasing one of these now that i have read this thread...thanks PsychoZX
very_evil_smiley.gif
.Kidding aside i now noticed that just last month they were as low as $59 after rebates
eek.gif
and i am kicking myself twice because i believe they were $100 when grandenigma told me about them months back.

Do they go that low often?

Dang....please let us know if you find them that cheap again
eggosmile.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #17 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Dang....please let us know if you find them that cheap again
eggosmile.gif

ha! spending your college money again?
biggrin.gif

Hmm.... do I need anymore power conditioning....

Say can you open up this monster unit and take a pic?

Mar 12, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #18 of 79
Man it seems like everyone is jumping on the Monster Power bandwagon...or I'm just really late and this is my really embarrassing entrance
rolleyes.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #19 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Say can you open up this monster unit and take a pic?

Ask and ye shall receive.

IM000773.jpg

Mar 12, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #20 of 79
Just a heads up...Buy.com has this unit for $169.99, and it also includes free shipping!

Link

Mar 12, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #22 of 79
i'm using the 3500 mkii as well...great unit...especially if you look at the prices of PS Audio/Richard Grey pricing...they may be better, but not significant enough for me to shell out that kind of loot.

one thing i found with my home amp is that i don't like it plugged into the 3500. in fact i have everything but the amp plugged into it...bryson (not my brand) recommends plugging their amps directly into the wall socket. they claim that modern day amps are designed to trip off like a circut breaker when overloaded...i can't verify that, but i can say that when the amp is plugged into the 3500 everything got more focused...but too focused for my liking. here i am refering to speaker rigs, and not headphones.

after reading this thread i A/B using wall wart vs the 3500 and i still prefer the wall socket. the presentation is softer and more open in terms of soundstaging...just some thoughts

Mar 13, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #23 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
Ya seen that but i am going to wait out untill it drops a bit more.

Do these units usually go on sale often? I'm expecting my tax refund this week, and this is the first purchase I'd like to make. $170 isn't bad at all (hell, it's awesome), but I wouldn't mind waiting a bit to save some money.

Mar 13, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #24 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Do these units usually go on sale often? I'm expecting my tax refund this week, and this is the first purchase I'd like to make. $170 isn't bad at all (hell, it's awesome), but I wouldn't mind waiting a bit to save some money.

They have been hovering around this price point for a few months now.

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #26 of 79
First off, obligatory picture:
IMG_0782.JPG

Ok, my thoughts...

Pretty sweet unit. Everything was packed fairly well, and I'm very impressed by the power cord on this thing! It seriously looks like Monster has a huge spool of this somewhere and uses it for power cables as well. Also, the front faceplate is beastly, I'm a huge fan of the aluminum and it looks very nice. It's hard to believe I got this unit for $165. After I browsed through the manual to make sure I knew what the difference between the timed, switched, and unswitched outlets were, I set everything up.

First test was for the background with no music playing. Hmm, this is much better! There is definately a blacker background, so we're off to a good start. However, my mood changes.

What. Why are the incoming volts fluctuating from 119 to 124? Is this normal? I'm not happy, but I'll wait to make any serious accusations against the power that the wonderful city of Pittsburgh is suppling me
rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I then put on some music and became happy once again. While it was hard to pinpoint exact differences (and I'm still having a hard time), the sound has definately changed. I haven't changed anything in my setup for a while, so I figured that I'd be able to pick out any differences fairly easily. I will echo what PsychoZX stated pertaining to the bass though. It has a different "ring" to it, but I can't pinpoint it. I think what I'm hearing is just a cleaner sound because of the cleaner power.

In conclusion. This unit is a steal
tongue.gif

Of course, that's just one mans opinion, so please...try it for yourself!

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #27 of 79
Quote:

I will echo what PsychoZX stated pertaining to the bass

confused.gif
confused.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #28 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
confused.gif
confused.gif

I think someone else wrote that. Oh well
tongue.gif

At least we both like the unit, so we have that in common.

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #29 of 79
Quote:

At least we both like the unit, so we have that in common.

Yes we do.

Mar 23, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #30 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
Yes we do.

Thanks to your post I just received my very own Monster HTS3500 MkII. I have not put it in service yet. Man, this means another manual to read. Oh well whatever it take in the search of musical bliss
biggrin.gif

Thanks (althoug my wallet does not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back