Wow, my power must suck..
Mar 27, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #47 of 79
I wonder if I started a FOTM.
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #48 of 79
I'm happily guilty as charged!

This is definately a good unit, I'm enjoying it. Plus, it emits a nice glow when I'm doing work at night with the lights turned low in my room
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #49 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
I wonder if I started a FOTM.
tongue.gif

Well, you mostly just pointed out something that I felt was worth the asking price. I can guarandamntee that I wouldn't have shelled out $400 for one of them, but two at $325 was too good to pass up!

Mar 27, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #50 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Well, you mostly just pointed out something that I felt was worth the asking price. I can guarandamntee that I wouldn't have shelled out $400 for one of them, but two at $325 was too good to pass up!

I agree, the retail price isn't exactly a bargain but at the current online price the units are an absolute steal.

Mar 27, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #51 of 79
YOU GUYS SUCK!

I just bought a used floor model from ebay a little over 100 bucks, this better take the DC out of my AC to unbuzz the Melos, or i'll come back to haunt this thread!

Mar 27, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #52 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
YOU GUYS SUCK!

I just bought a used floor model from ebay a little over 100 bucks, this better take the DC out of my AC to unbuzz the Melos, or i'll come back to haunt this thread!

Just think of it as a new addition to the tower of power.
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #53 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
Just think of it as a new addition to the tower of conditioned power.
biggrin.gif

Fixed
icon10.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #55 of 79
Seriously, I just took the turntable off the melos so i'd have room for the Monsterpower on top of the tower...oh who am i kidding. once the HTS comes i'm sticking the TT back on top to scrape the top of my ceiling, baby!
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #56 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by HypnoLobster
I have really got work on the power side of my setup..

This monster is a great unit to do it cheaply.

Mar 27, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #57 of 79
Just bought the 3500 on Buy.com. Got it for $159 with free shipping. Good deal. Shipping alone on Amazon was close to $25.

Mar 27, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #59 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by etys rule
Just bought the 3500 on Buy.com. Got it for $159 with free shipping. Good deal. Shipping alone on Amazon was close to $25.

Forget Amazon. Their service has sunk to abominable levels. I've had 3 straight orders get "stuck". After a couple of weeks with no word from Amazon, they tell me to go to the folks the items are coming from like J&R to find out what the problem is because "it's not with Amazon". After going round and round with the end vendors, it's determined that the order never got to them. When I take that back to Amazon, the supervisor says(THREE TIMES NOW) that the rep should have caught that and not sent me to the end vendors. Well DUH! Each time they tell me that their tech support team is on it but it keeps happening. I'm finally to the point that I'll NEVER order from Amazon again. I use their site to locate vendors and determine pricing but that's it.

Funny but when I informed them of my intent to do just that, the supervisor tells me that it's not wise to do so because Amazon will stand behind their order if it gets lost. Give me a break! You have to ship the darned order for it to get lost in the first place! Oh and the cherry on top....when I asked why no one discovered the hung orders and notified me, they told me that IT'S THE CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBILITY! What? I'm responsible for watchdogging problems in their system?

Sorry. Didn't mean to thread crap but Amazon is pathetic and I'll be darned if I use them for anything ever again. Same for J&R. They've shown themselve to be not much better.

Forgive the rant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back