WOW, last night I experienced great PAIN
Dec 19, 2002 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

ai0tron

Banned
Ok, this is about depression.

I didn't want to post this, but then I saw Mathews post on his depressed feelings so I decided to just put it out there for peoples information and because I need to feel like I am making a difference.

I saw a councilor for a few months recently for the first time in my life. I was then sent to a doctor who gave me PROZAC... Let me tell you about this story of depression... It all began one day- you know what forget it... Heres the short one... the ****ing **** doctors told me I was depressed and then they gave me drugs that were supposed to make me feel better and they made me feel good every now and again the first day... of course, no pain no gain right??? RIGHT, thats why these drugs are specially designed to induce ****ING MASSIVE amounts of pure, unadulterated, irrational, black, cold, burning, mind bending... PAIN. I took PROZAC for 4 days, starting last Saturday, on the 4th day/night it caused the most horrible pain I cant even begin to describe. It caused irrational paranoid fear so great that I started crying and had to sleep with the lights on... when I could actually sleep. It was the most horrible experience of my life. I never really wanted to die ever, until that moment, I trully wanted to die, because I was experiencing an irrational fear and physical sensation of PAIN in my mind that is beyond words and I wanted it to go away more than anything. It would be most like the screaming of thousands of agonized dying souls being focused into the back of your mind.

Whatever you do stay away from the damn psychologists, theyre all nut jobs they just want to use you as an experiment for some big chemistry lesson.

I went here today after experiencing true psychosis induced entirely by prozac last night:

www.prozactruth.com

go there sign the petition, find out the realities behind ssri's (serotonin reuptake inhibitors)

Find out that some of the kids who committed the acts of violence at columbine were on antidepressants. Find out about how PROZAC has caused thousands of deaths due to suicide.

I would say to never take any of these supposed medicines.

I feel that the truth of these supposed medicines needs to be spread far and wide. I feel like a victim of rape or something, embarrassed, and most of all PAINED. I still feel the pain and I pray that it goes away. There are many many dangers associated with PROZAC and if you know anyone who takes the drug or similar drugs you should inform them of the above website:

www.prozactruth.com

I don't really want sympathy just ACTION. (Sympathy is embarassing, plus I don't really deserve it
wink.gif
) If you know someone taking this drug inform them of the above site. Even if you don't I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE you to read about the drug and the PAIN it has caused. And if you feel like it after reading the TRUTH, sign the petition.

Dec 19, 2002 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 65
I thought it takes weeks for Prozac to work into your system, the whole point is that it builts up in your blood. May be prozac aren't for you, go to your doctor and tell him/her and get another drug if you still want to be medicated. Don't blame the drug, all drugs has side effects. Even Asprins has side effects, and that is consider to be the magic pill of the century and Doctors is still finding new ueses for it.

Dec 19, 2002 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron

I didn't want to post this, but then I saw Mathews post on his depressed feelings so I decided to just put it out there for peoples information and because I need to feel like I am making a difference.

I saw a councilor for a few months recently for the first time in my life. I was then sent to a doctor who gave me PROZAC... Let me tell you about this story of depression... It all began one day- you know what forget it... Heres the short one... the ****ing **** doctors told me I was depressed and then they gave me drugs that were supposed to make me feel better and they made me feel good every now and again the first day... of course, no pain no gain right??? RIGHT, thats why these drugs are specially designed to induce ****ING MASSIVE amounts of pure, unadulterated, irrational, black, cold, burning, mind bending... PAIN. I took PROZAC for 4 days, starting last Saturday, on the 4th day/night it caused the most horrible pain I cant even begin to describe. It caused irrational paranoid fear so great that I started crying and had to sleep with the lights on... when I could actually sleep. It was the most horrible experience of my life. I never really wanted to die ever, until that moment, I trully wanted to die, because I was experiencing an irrational fear and physical sensation of PAIN in my mind that is beyond words and I wanted it to go away more than anything. It would be most like the screaming of thousands of agonized dying souls being focused into the back of your mind.

Whatever you do stay away from the damn psychologists, theyre all nut jobs they just want to use you as an experiment for some big chemistry lesson.

I went here today after experiencing true psychosis induced entirely by prozac last night:

www.prozactruth.com

go there sign the petition, find out the realities behind ssri's (serotonin reuptake inhibitors)

Find out that some of the kids who committed the acts of violence at columbine were on antidepressants. Find out about how PROZAC has caused thousands of deaths due to suicide.

I feel that the truth of these supposed medicines needs to be spread far and wide. I feel like a victim of rape or something, embarrassed, and most of all PAINED. I still feel the pain and I pray that it goes away. There are many many dangers associated with PROZAC and if you know anyone who takes the drug or similar drugs you should inform them of the above website:

www.prozactruth.com

I don't really want sympathy just ACTION. (Sympathy is embarassing, plus I don't really deserve it
wink.gif
) If you know someone taking this drug inform them of the above site. Even if you don't I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE you to read about the drug and the PAIN it has caused. And if you feel like it after reading the TRUTH, sign the petition.

Jesus man. Now I'm real depressed.
redface.gif
But thanks for the tip and the kind words.

Dec 19, 2002 at 1:49 AM Post #5 of 65
What kind of pain?

I felt pain so great in my mind, a physical sensation like a vice that I started to feel a sense of terror of death, and just irrational fear like blackness enveloping me so great that it literally brought me to tears.

So in short: massive headaches, muscle spasms, irrational fear, irrational thought, uncontrollable thought, jaw clenching, cold numbness, anxiety, a fear of death, loss of body control as in constant movement of legs, arms, twiddling of fingers, loss of control in general, a feeling that I was losing control, a fear of losing control, etc.

Yes Prozac generally takes time to work when it WORKS, but even when it works its side effects can have serious long term effects on the user. Please visit the site and read about the dangers of this and other SSRI's

Most people who have serious reactions to the drug do so within 2 weeks of beginning treatment.

There have been THOUSANDS of suicides induced by prozac.

Dec 19, 2002 at 1:53 AM Post #6 of 65
I volunteer at a local medical clinic, and though I'm not a physician (far from it), if you're experiencing that kind of head pain, you should go to the emergency room immediately; it could be a medical emergency. You need real medical advice from a doctor about whether to continue or discontinue the medication. You should get real advice as soon as possible.

I've seen and spoken to many people on SSRIs. What you're experiencing is not a normal reaction, and it is beyond what should be expected during the first few weeks of use. Serotonin excess is not trivial; it can be deadly. (Excess serotonin breaks down into free radicals that can damage neural tissue.)

Please, please go see a physician immediately.

Dec 19, 2002 at 1:54 AM Post #7 of 65
First, let me say I am sorry about your depression and your reaction to the medication. I have seen the effects of depression first-hand and it is no laughing matter. But I feel strongly about some of what you said and feel compelled to add some comments:

Quote:

SSRI's and anti-depressants do not CAUSE suicide. At worst, they fail to prevent it. Who is on anti-depressants? Depressed, SUICIDAL people. When someone on anti-depressants commits suicide, people look for something, anything to blame for the loss of their loved one. It's hard to accept that your loved one could take his/her own life, that's a natural reaction but it has a name and that is called "denial".

I know many people whose lives have been saved and improved dramatically as a result of anti-depressants. They are much closer to "miracle drugs" than a demon scourge, in my opinion.

With all due respect, also, aiotron, from your posts you seem like an "excitable" person, I'll put it that way and leave it at that. Is it possible you went into the trial of the drug expecting the worst and afraid of its possible side-effects? These drugs take two full weeks to begin to have an effect and a full month before they are fully in your bloodstream, and another month after that do achieve maximum benefits to the user. Do you totally reject the thought that some portion of your reaction could have been psycho-somatic? That said, I do not want to disrespect you or downplay the pain you felt and fully acknowledge that different people react differently to different medications, and side-effects are different for different people. But it's typical for people to go through 3 to 4 different meds to find the one that works best *for them*. Your body did not like Prozac, but that doesn't mean you would "reject" all anti-depressants.

Also, be very suspicious of sites that talk about the "dangers" of medications. A lot of it is dis-information put out by psychiatrists (non-medication prescribing "talking doctors") who are being put out of business by the new miracle drugs. It no longer takes 10 years of weekly visits to a shrink at $100 a pop to find out what ails you and to treat it. Theirs is an industry in crisis and they are fighting back.

If you are truly depressed, that is you are going through a significant amount of time (months) feeling worse than merely "blue", I wouldn't discount anti-depressants based on the distorted information published by fear-mongers.

My .02.

Mark

Dec 19, 2002 at 1:56 AM Post #9 of 65
Hey Ai0tron - just some thoughts you might find helpful:

Definately look around for another Doctor - a good doctor/patient rapport is extremely important, especically in situation such as yours where you are dealing with serious issues that do not have a simple solution.

As Ray said, all pharmaceuticals have side-effects, some are more tolerable than others. There are many anti-depressants on the market. Unfortuantely, if your situation requires the use of an anti-depressant, you may have to try a few until you find one that agrees with you. For this reason, I would strongly advise that you find a doctor who you a comfortable with, and who can help you through this difficult time and one who is HONEST about what you should and should not expect from various medications. Furthermore, you need to be honest with yourself, and with the doctor - and I think you have been very honest here. If taking a drug makes you feel weird, tell the doctor about it. I don't want to recommend that you stop taking your medication unsupervised, that is why you need a solid, trusting realtionship with your doctor.

Good luck man. Keep touching base with us here and those close to you. Some issues simply can't be dealt with in isolation.

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2002 at 2:00 AM Post #10 of 65
Have you notified your doctor? I suspect they aren't trying to use you in 'some big chemistry experiment', you need to sign waivers for that... He/she will probably be quite willing to switch you to something else, given your extremely adverse reaction...

But regarding ProzacTruth, in my experience any website that's either wildly for or against something medical/health related is usually not run by people who are competent to talk about medicine... can you say magnetic therapy?

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ht...4ax.com&rnum=2

I also can't find any information on the people listed in the WHOIS database; Net Reach International (the people that registered the domain) is an ISP, and "harper, james" of "harper consulting" turns up nothing on a Google search.

I'm also skeptical of the statement on the page that "Would you like an example of REAL SSRI Side Effects _Click Here_ Those that are not published by Eli Lilly" as drug companies are required to publish known side effects.

On the other hand, a search for "prozac side effects" on MedLine (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi) does suggest that there might be more to the whole thing. When I get some time I'll look up Prozac in Physician's Desk Reference.

Dec 19, 2002 at 2:01 AM Post #11 of 65
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron

www.prozactruth.com

www.prozactruth.com

wink.gif

[/size]Isn't there a question of chicken and egg with, say, the Columbine killers? They were taking SSRI's, and so they were murderous/suicidal because of this? That's a heck of a reach of an assumption.

http://www.prozactruth.com/childrenkilling.htm

Kip Kinkel. Eric Harris. Dylan Klebold. A few examples on that page of kids who were taking (or took) SSRI's. SSRI's are one of the more prescribed medications today. Considering the vast number of 'scripts written for SSRI's, these few examples aren't compelling evidence (not compelling to me at least) that SSRI's drive these kids taking these meds to murder and/or suicide. Consider just how many kids actually safely take these meds.

Without trying to generalize too much, consider that one is generally prescribed an antidepressant medication because he is suffering from depression. Consider the DSM-IV diagnostic criteria for depression, which includes: Quote:

...markedly diminished interest or pleasure in all, or almost all, activities most of the day, nearly every day (as indicated by either subjective account or observation made by others)

...feelings of worthlessness or excessive or inappropriate guilt (which may be delusional) nearly every day (not merely self-reproach or guilt about being sick)

...recurrent thoughts of death (not just fear of dying), recurrent suicidal ideation without a specific plan, or a suicide attempt or a specific plan for committing suicide

Might someone suffering from the above symptoms (not to mention possibly many other symptoms) be more inclined to be suicidal than someone not suffering from clinical depression? Might someone suffering from the above symptoms -- especially in an age where the stigma of mental disorders has declined relative to times past -- be more likely to be prescribed SSRI's and/or other psychotropic medications? Might the fact that those suffering from clinical depression often suffer from other comorbid mental disorders also make those folks more likely to be suicidal?

I read through a few pages on the web site you provided the link for, and I found it to be, in my opinion, a bit extremist.

I know several people taking SSRI's, and most have experienced some relief from symptoms of depression and/or OCD. I know none who have committed suicide and/or homicide as a result of SSRI therapy.

I'm sorry to read of your problems and suffering. I don't mean to make light of your experiences; but I do find that perhaps your recommendations to others, and some of the assumptions you've accepted, at maybe at least a bit off base.

Also consider, as someone earlier in this thread pointed out, that SSRI's, if I remember correctly, generally show efficacy beginning at around six weeks (again, if I remember correctly).

Dec 19, 2002 at 2:03 AM Post #12 of 65
BTW, Mark - I believe psychiatrists are one of the few types of treatments that most likely don't cause side effects, apart from a loss of money... so there still is a market for them
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2002 at 2:03 AM Post #13 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
SSRI's and anti-depressants do not CAUSE suicide. At worst, they fail to prevent it. Who is on anti-depressants? Depressed, SUICIDAL people. ... I know many people whose lives have been saved and improved dramatically as a result of anti-depressants. They are much closer to "miracle drugs" than a demon scourge, in my opinion.

Amen, Mark. I couldn't agree more.

Untreated depression has a 10% fatality rate. If this was a form of physical illness with that kind of fatality rate, no one in the world would suggest stopping or avoiding medication or treatment. Things shouldn't be different just because it's a mental condition. Please, if anyone's feeling depressed, don't follow ai0tron's advice. Get professional help, and trust the treatment directives suggested by the professional.

Dec 19, 2002 at 2:05 AM Post #14 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
A lot of it is dis-information put out by psychiatrists (non-medication prescribing "talking doctors") who are being put out of business by the new miracle drugs.

In Australia at least, a psychiatrist is a medical doctor who has undertaken additonal training (6 years Medicine followed by a further 6 years psychiatry training) to become specialised in the treatment of psychiatric disorders.

Psychologists on the other hand do not have any formal medical training, and for this reason, only psychiatrists are able to prescribe medications. Psychologists function in areas as diverse as counselling right through to cognitive, behavioral and intelligence testing to name but a few.
cool.gif

Dec 19, 2002 at 2:07 AM Post #15 of 65
SSRI's can cause psychotic behaviour leading to suicide or mass murder. US courts have implicated Prozac in several cases as the cause of a persons psychotic behaviour. ELI LILLY has settled several cases in regards to people who have had serious adverse reactions to the drug.

MarkL, I honestly expected the best. I thought it strange that the medication gave me the sensation of being on a sort of high the FIRST day I took it. And that night I went to sleep excited to see the next day and hopefully get over all this. But, against my will and despite my constant optimism the following days became more and more tense with the onset of the fourth day/night being extreme beyond words. I didn't even decide NOT to take it until I went to www.prozactruth.com despite that horrendous pain I still had hope that maybe it would go away... Well after reading that site I dont even want to think about taking that friggin drug.

Prozac may help some seriously depressed individuals but eli lilly fails to mention anywhere effects remotely like what I experienced. They make the drug sound like a placebo in terms of its side effects and let me state the truth from experience: it is most surely NOT. If you read statements from people who have signed the petition, or from people who have experienced what I have you will understand somewhat. But the only way to realy understand is to experience it first hand. IF ANYONE WANTS TO TRY OUT PAIN LIKE DEATH I HAVE SOME HERE IN MY HOUSE SITTING IN A LITTLE BOTTLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back