Would like help with finding a new headset and new earbuds under $150 and wireless if possible.
Jun 4, 2014 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JasonWolf727

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! This is my first thread, so I hope I do a decent job at writing this. Ok. So, I would like some new earbuds and a new headset.

Let's start with the earbuds. I would mainly be using them with my phone or tablet, occasionally a computer. But I don't want to spend over $150. I would also like for them to be wireless (I am hoping for great wireless earbds, but don't know if they exist below $150). IF the earbuds are leaning towards a specific tone, High (Treble) or Low (Bass), I'd lean towards base. I am also hoping for good construction and will not fall out of my ears if I am doing something physical. If wirelss, they should have a decent connection space, for instance if I set my phone down, and walk a few feet away, they should still work. Srry for the amount of specifications. If the earbuds don't make the criteria, you can put them down if they are good anyway. Please stick to the specifications though if you can.

Now the headset. Basically what the specifications for the earbuds were, but I will use the headset for a computer mostly, and would like compatibility with the xbox 360 and mobile devices as well. I lean towards gaming headsets, for I am a gamer, but the headset does not have to be a gaming one. I prefer competely covering the ear headset. Again, if the speakers amplify more different types of sound than the other, I would prefer Low(bass) to high (Treble).

Thanks so much for your time!

Signed,
JasonWolf727

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 5
For IEMs, I would like to nominate the Yamaha EPH-100SL, Vsonic Gr07 Bass Edition, and the Hifiman RE-400.
"Gaming" branded headsets are often a waste of money and of subpar quality. I recommend the Sennheiser HD558 for open headphones and the Audio Technica ATH-M50X for closed headphones.
You may want an amplifier to improve soundstaging on the hearing apparatus, but with my recommendations, an amplifier is not entirely necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back