Worst product ever introduced to consumers?
Jul 18, 2003 at 12:04 AM Post #61 of 208
Quote:

Originally posted by brent_mr2
I've got a trick for the CDs. On the face of the CD pack, there's the hinged part on the left hand side, there's a crack between the hinge part and the lid/cover. Just slide your thumb nail down the crack for a bit and it will break the plastic wrap and make it a snap to take the wrap off.

I haven't learned any tricks with DVDs though.

You could just get one of these.
http://www.streettech.com/archives_gadget/ezCD.html

I hoard these. I have stacks including a gold plated one which is nicely ostentatious.

Jul 18, 2003 at 12:14 AM Post #62 of 208
Neuticles!

Testicular Implantation For Pets
(US Patent #58-68140)
Thank you for your interest in patented Neuticles and the revolutionary testicular implant procedure for pets. Inside you will find the latest information and updates.

Over 100,000 caring pet owners Worldwide have selected Neuticles as a safe, practical and inexpensive option when neutering.

Neuticles allowing your pet to retain his natural look, self esteem and aids in the trauma associated with neutering.

With Neuticles- It's like nothing ever changed!

Reminds me of that movie with Burl Ives where they sewed some marbles into his gut during surgery. Hmmm..., now what movie was that?

Jul 18, 2003 at 12:24 AM Post #63 of 208
Probably the best and worst would be the ATM card.

It's a blessing, don't get me wrong, but I'd probably have more money if I didn't have one.
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2003 at 1:28 AM Post #64 of 208
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
Sports Bras......

What the screw???? **** are meant to jiggle.I stopped going to women's basketball games when they made them mandatory.

I thought that too, buuuuut when it gets hot you are very likely to see some very cute girls running about with just a pair of spandex shorts and a sports bra. SHWING!

Worst Invention: Luxury SUVs. These things will never see a speck of mud in their lives. The only "good" use I've seen for them is towing horse trailers long distances. Who goes mud-bogging in a Lincon?

Jul 18, 2003 at 3:03 AM Post #65 of 208
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
Worst Invention: Luxury SUVs. These things will never see a speck of mud in their lives. The only "good" use I've seen for them is towing horse trailers long distances. Who goes mud-bogging in a Lincon?

Yeah, lower the ground clearance and eliminate the truck chassis, and replace it with a car chassis, and you'll have a luxury wagon...
tongue.gif

Seriously, at the opposite end of the SUV scale, there are the small, crude, Spartan SUVs that are great off-roaders - but HORRIBLE on-roaders. Ever cruise through suburban streets and expressways in one?
evil_smiley.gif

[size=xx-small]And watch in horror as it rolls completely over on a turn... [/size]
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 18, 2003 at 3:14 AM Post #66 of 208
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
Seriously, at the opposite end of the SUV scale, there are the small, crude, Spartan SUVs that are great off-roaders - but HORRIBLE on-roaders. Ever cruise through suburban streets and expressways in one?

Yes, I have. Ford Bronco II. Very nimble, but without road-tuned suspension and suffecent noise and thermal insulation it was a pain to drive long distance. Get it off road and woah. Whole different beast, ground clearance really pays off.

I'd rather have a good off-roader than a good on-roader. I mean, an SUV isn't a car, making it drive like one ruins the whole point of the thing. Perhaps with air shocks that would auto-adjust to conditions... hmmmm.

I forgot about the new "rap star" packages offered by "luxury" SUV makers, those are the most useless ever.

Oh, somebody said the Excursion was bad because of its gas mileage... with the turbo diesel it gets better mileage than my car.

Jul 18, 2003 at 3:18 AM Post #67 of 208
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
Oh, somebody said the Excursion was bad because of its gas mileage... with the turbo diesel it gets better mileage than my car.

Yep, the Excursion gets horrific fuel economy from its available gasoline engines. And even with a turbodiesel, it can out-travel only the big Lincolns and Cadillacs (each with an equal amount of fuel), as far as comparing the Excursion with passenger cars is concerned.

And speaking of that Bronco II, why did Ford replace it with the larger Explorer (which was, and still is, relatively mediocre off-road compared to its predecessor)?
eek.gif

Jul 18, 2003 at 6:20 AM Post #70 of 208
Audio-Technica "SoundBurger". A shoe sized, battery operated turntable which clamped over a vinyl 45 or LP. The ad showed a bikini-clad beauty on a blanket sunning herself at the beach .... with her portable "SoundBurger" playing an LP in the blazing sun on the blanket beside her.

They took it off the market quite quickly.

Jul 18, 2003 at 8:41 AM Post #72 of 208
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
I was joking,

biggrin.gif
confused.gif

I have two teen daughters and I wish they wore sports bras all the time or didn't have breasts at all.

BTW,How big do they have to be to injure your back??????
wink.gif
Holy smokes.

It's ok- sometimes it's hard to know if you head-fi guys are serious or not.
wink.gif

It depends how small you are in relation to your breast size. I knew this tiny girl who had breasts that were D's and it was all out-of-proportion and causing her back problems. She ended up getting a reduction. Her bulging disk problems magically went away after that.

But there are muscles that try to keep those things in line. If you're doing something like playing basketball, and you're ending up with two black eyes, those muscles start to pull and hurt.

And even for women who aren't doing strenuous things, sportbras are just plain comfier.

Jul 18, 2003 at 8:41 AM Post #73 of 208
Quote:

Originally posted by fractus2
Neuticles!

(US Patent #58-68140)
Thank you for your interest in patented Neuticles and the revolutionary testicular implant procedure for pets. Inside you will find the latest information and updates.

Over 100,000 caring pet owners Worldwide have selected Neuticles as a safe, practical and inexpensive option when neutering.

Neuticles allowing your pet to retain his natural look, self esteem and aids in the trauma associated with neutering.

Reminds me of that movie with Burl Ives where they sewed some marbles into his gut during surgery. Hmmm..., now what movie was that?

You know somewhere out there, males dogs and cats just aren't feeling themselves. Thier ballsacks are empty. This is a great idea, brings back confidence. LOL
-Mag

Jul 18, 2003 at 11:51 AM Post #74 of 208
Quote:

Originally posted by fractus2
Neuticles!

(US Patent #58-68140)

I just lost my faith in humanity
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back