Worse sound quality after burn in?
Oct 21, 2010 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BrianPeppers

New Head-Fier
When I first burned in my DT 770's (32ohm) overnight they sounded much better, with way more bass than before burn in. I loved the deep, detailed, punchy bass. Now after about a week later with regular listening and sometimes pink noise burn in I'm noticing that the bass is weak. Is my mind playing tricks on me or did they actually lose bass after extended burn in?

Oct 21, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 8
I've noticed this before with two headphones. The first time it was with my DJ100. They had a lot of bass out of the box and then it got reduced after burn-in. My k240 was also fairly bass heavy right out of the box and even had a large mid-bass hump it seemed like. Now they're just fine and the bass has gotten tamed a bit. Each time though I used a good amp.

Oct 21, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 8
Bass is weak? Please describe how the bass and/or bass lines sound with your favourite bassy tracks in your own words. Maybe the DT770 is less bass emphasized than you think?

Give it some time otherwise the DT770-32 is not what you were looking for.   

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #7 of 8
Hah, you won't believe this but out of curiosity I randomly turned off my fan that has been running nearly constantly for the past couple of days and noticed that the bass is stronger. So the weak bass that I've been noticing seems to be just because of background noise. I am running them out of an Audigy2ZS.

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #8 of 8

Deep Funk said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bass is weak? Please describe how the bass and/or bass lines sound with your favourite bassy tracks in your own words. Maybe the DT770 is less bass emphasized than you think?

Give it some time otherwise the DT770-32 is not what you were looking for.   

This is what I'm looking for, Thanks for your analysis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back