World's best Vodka - Poll
Feb 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #61 of 92
No Koskenkorva, the pride of us Finnish folk?

Though thats not my fav. My fav is Tapio. Its cheap, strong and absolutely neutral just like real vodka should be.

Feb 20, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #64 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like Luksusowa myself. It's Polish and made from potatoes. Goose is my second choice.

x2 (on the Luksusowa)

Ketal One best all-around.

Feb 20, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #65 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph34rful /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No Tito's? What kind of vodka thread is this!?

X2 - I have heard from more than one source, that Tito's is the world's best. Made in Texas, too...
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #66 of 92
spelling may be way off, but it is years since I have found this:
Sumskya
it is a Russian elderberry vodka

Feb 20, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #69 of 92
Ketel One always seems very smooth and clean to me... It's my vote.

Feb 20, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #70 of 92
I am a bartender and I'm constantly engaged in this debate. Strictly speaking, vodka is a, "flavorless, tasteless alcohol". Within that definition, vodka has differences that many so-called experts are able to taste. As far as I'm concerned, as soon as a mixer is added to a vodka, all bets are off, and I challenge anyone to a blind tasting where they will be able to detect which brand of vodka is in the drink. I have had countless amounts of people come up to me in the bar and say that they can tell which vodka is their favorite vodka. I have done blind tastings of straight vodka, at room temperature and chilled, and it is remarkable that everyone to date has failed to correctly identify their favorite vodka. For the record, it seems that when experts judge vodkas, that Chopin (potato vodka) consistently ranks on top of the competition. With that said, my advice as a bartender; if you are drinking straight vodka, choose the label you prefer and that makes you happy. If you are having a blended drink, just use rail vodka. Save the rest of your money for headphones... or for single-malt scotch. : )

Feb 20, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #71 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With that said, my advice as a bartender; if you are drinking straight vodka, choose the label you prefer and that makes you happy. If you are having a blended drink, just use rail vodka. Save the rest of your money for headphones... or for single-malt scotch. : )

mmmmmmmmm.... single malt. *yum* There's a whole other thread....

Feb 20, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #72 of 92
At least Georgie isnt on the list....lol
nasty stuff!!!

Feb 20, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #73 of 92
Hey, if we cant do double blind listening tests here...does that mean we can do blind tasting?
eek.gif

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #74 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2 - I have heard from more than one source, that Tito's is the world's best. Made in Texas, too...
biggrin.gif

indeed, that whole long post of mine up there was saying how awesome tito's is
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #75 of 92
Personally, I like Ketel One. Very smooth, mixes well, and a great example of the style.

That being said, I'm not made of money and have no problem drinking cheap vodka. If I host a party, I'll buy good beer but very cheap liquor (a handle of Bowmans is $12).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back