World wide first launching new AK product : AK Junior = AK j
Apr 28, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #47 of 57
  FYI: Moon Audio has pre-order open.

500$ almost seems like a reasonable price. I might actually get tempted by a second end if there is no big fail reported in the first months of use by fellow members.
didn't think I would ever say that but it looks like A&K may have done it right for once.
/me waits for hiss reports on sensitive IEMs

couldn't help but laugh when reading this on the A&K website
Our engineers have reduced the output impedance to 2 Ohms for a significant gain in sound fidelity from the AK100’s 22 Ohms.

when they spent so long pretending that impedance didn't matter on the AK100 and they sold so many at high price with no shame, it like when a country admits being responsible for a crime of sort after 50years of denial. ^_^
deadhorse.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #48 of 57

500$ almost seems like a reasonable price. I might actually get tempted by a second end if there is no big fail reported in the first months of use by fellow members.
didn't think I would ever say that but it looks like A&K may have done it right for once.
/me waits for hiss reports on sensitive IEMs

Well...when I see what AK delivers for 3000$ (the AK240SS, which is great, but close to the 1k-1.5k DAPs), I am thinking at 500$, the SQ will be comparable to the 300$ offers from competitors...at best.

Apr 29, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #49 of 57
  Well...when I see what AK delivers for 3000$ (the AK240SS, which is great, but close to the 1k-1.5k DAPs), I am thinking at 500$, the SQ will be comparable to the 300$ offers from competitors...at best.

its amazing u say that and u still buy those expensive aks, u have the cowon p1 and ak240ss, maybe u also have paw lotoo, I guess from such an inventory it makes me really think, when is enough enough, I thought once u buy a 3000 usd dap u would look nowhere else, but I guess its wrong it seems this is an endless search of the holy grail dap, which will never be reached, and simply put I guess our issues is in the technology of badly recorded music more than anything else, so we are trying our best to buy the daps while the source of mastering is so far behind so I guess the audio industry has to change completely then designing and finding a perfect dap would be so much easier and cheaper

man sometimes after spending so much ridiculous money on audio, and still u find yourself not quite there can be a real frustrating journey

when I read reviews about the hugo, I was like wow that is a dream dac/amp to have and all my music will be sounding amazing from it, and well after I got it, the improvement compared to my iphone 6 was like not like people say its like night and day, its an improvement but not so so so huge, its just sounds slightly  better than my iphone amped

guys simply put if your mastering of songs sucks then no matter what you do still the sound will suck no matter what dac/amp, or dap u use

I find that investing in great headphones or iems is more logical and u can perceive sound improvements much much much more than using different dacs and amps or daps

I am more of a firm believer in amps and eq to reach my goals in music listening than dacs

invest in great headphone and a great amp, do u realize that the cheapest components are dacs chips they are dirt cheap if u just want to buy a dac component , its literally only few bucks for good dac chips

Apr 29, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #50 of 57

Well I ordered one, so let see how it will compares to my AK120 (dual Wolfson 4870) and AK240 (dual Cirrus Logic CS4398).

Apr 29, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #51 of 57
  Well I ordered one, so let see how it will compares to my AK120 (dual Wolfson 4870) and AK240 (dual Cirrus Logic CS4398).

General users say,it is better than old AK100,but AK100ii is better than Junior,they say.

I think like this too.

I'd like to see some comparisons with songs. =)

Apr 29, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #52 of 57

General users say,it is better than old AK100,but AK100ii is better than Junior,they say.

I think like this too.

I'd like to see some comparisons with songs. =)

Hard to say, as I always liked Wolfson's warm sound over Cirrus Logic, so the Jr will likely be different and not necessary worse than the AK100II.  As for test plan, I will try picking stuff that's most of you should have heard or easy to get, like those l2 DSD samples or Dafh Punk?

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #53 of 57

Hard to say, as I always liked Wolfson's warm sound over Cirrus Logic, so the Jr will likely be different and not necessary worse than the AK100II.  As for test plan, I will try picking stuff that's most of you should have heard or easy to get, like those l2 DSD samples or Dafh Punk?

I'd like to see your comparisons.

Yes,you can use l2 DSD examples,they are nice recordings.

I can suggest you Opus DSD for demonstration.

Apr 29, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #55 of 57

I'd like to see your comparisons.

Yes,you can use l2 DSD examples,they are nice recordings.

I can suggest you Opus DSD for demonstration.

Too bad Opus doesn't have any free samples, but I will consider them as another DSD source later.

Will wait for your feedback. I am more of a mind to reduce the DAP stable...unless it is for the Paw Gold
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes... they just grow and grow...

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #56 of 57
The moment I say this I was thinking, "AK Jr > Hugo > whatever I plug in" but no optical out like all the other AK players...
Only a headphone output and that's it.

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #57 of 57
  The moment I say this I was thinking, "AK Jr > Hugo > whatever I plug in" but no optical out like all the other AK players...
Only a headphone output and that's it.

True for the Jr, but all the other AK's have optical out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back