Woo's New Flagship WA33
Dec 17, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #1,981 of 3,235
So after doing some thinking, speaking with some people, I think I'll hold off on tubes atm and upgrade my dac first. I'd like to add a little more warmth and I think the tt2 isn't doing it for me (using susvara).

Dec 17, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #1,982 of 3,235
So after doing some thinking, speaking with some people, I think I'll hold off on tubes atm and upgrade my dac first. I'd like to add a little more warmth and I think the tt2 isn't doing it for me (using susvara).
You are correct the TT2 is more in the analytical side IMO.
The Bricasti M1SE in my opinion has a nice combination of warmth and detail. That is what I am using in my headphones systems and the M21 in the two channel system.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Dec 18, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #1,983 of 3,235
@Rhodey
I wouldn't rule out the EML 2A3 power tubes, at all because they are very good sounding tubes.
I know some here had unfortunate warranty issues with EML the 300B 2.5v tubes which were eventually resolved, so again, don't rule them out. I'd also deal with George at TubesUSA if you reconsider.
Also, a very big upgrade to the WA33 is the WE 417 drivers w/adapters from Woo. If you want to save on these you can go the route others have gone by purchasing the tubes/adapters elsewhere.

Dec 18, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #1,984 of 3,235
@Rhodey
I wouldn't rule out the EML 2A3 power tubes, at all because they are very good sounding tubes.
I know some here had unfortunate warranty issues with EML the 300B 2.5v tubes which were eventually resolved, so again, don't rule them out. I'd also deal with George at TubesUSA if you reconsider.
Also, a very big upgrade to the WA33 is the WE 417 drivers w/adapters from Woo. If you want to save on these you can go the route others have gone by purchasing the tubes/adapters elsewhere.
Nobody was dissappointed with the EML Sound.
Warranty and Service is terrible. Many don't Support this not only of fear that they suffer themselfes but to speak with there wallets against such practices in the first place.

From a Sound perspective they are among the very best for sure

Dec 18, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #1,985 of 3,235
Yeah the TT2 is analytical.
You could try a Holo May or if you want it even warmer a Holo Spring 3.
Termimator+ is on the warm side as well if I'm not mistaken

Dec 18, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #1,986 of 3,235
You are correct the TT2 is more in the analytical side IMO.
The Bricasti M1SE in my opinion has a nice combination of warmth and detail. That is what I am using in my headphones systems and the M21 in the two channel system.

I had an M1Se before the Dave, and while I prefer the Dave - I think the M1SE is an excellent DAC and agree with this assessment. Plus Bricasti has continued to update the DAC for 10 years, and now has a new board! You could argue it's a little old in the tooth, but with the updates they've made perhaps not. Also their customer service is top notch.

Dec 18, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #1,988 of 3,235
I had an issue with 1 of my 2A3 tubes in my first WA33 and George replaced after evaluating it without issue so I definitely didn't have the same experiences with EML warranty or service.
That is a Service from TubesUSA and he has the trouble for you instead.

Glad that you got lucky and your issue was resolved fast without trouble

Dec 18, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #1,989 of 3,235
Anyone have inside info on the price increase? 👀

Dec 18, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #1,991 of 3,235
My 300B 2.5 came from TubeUsa. All George did for me was shine me onto Jac.

Dec 21, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #1,992 of 3,235
I just read a good 50 pages here. A lot of good info and some of the guys in here have just the sickest set ups ever.

Im about to pull the trigger on a WA33 Elite and join this little club. Super excited. I've listened to the SE version and I just knew the second I put on the headphones, I was going to own one. No doubt about it. Just different than anything I've ever heard before.

Anyway, thank you guys for the good read! Looking forward to more post in the future!

Dec 21, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #1,993 of 3,235
I just read a good 50 pages here. A lot of good info and some of the guys in here have just the sickest set ups ever.

Im about to pull the trigger on a WA33 Elite and join this little club. Super excited. I've listened to the SE version and I just knew the second I put on the headphones, I was going to own one. No doubt about it. Just different than anything I've ever heard before.

Anyway, thank you guys for the good read! Looking forward to more post in the future!

You won't be disappointed. What headphones are you using?

Dec 21, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #1,994 of 3,235

Users who are viewing this thread

Back